Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

What are premium ships? V 2.0

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

32,555
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles

A rework of an older thread in which I explained the ins and outs of premium ships. The meta around them has shifted so much since then that I felt a new thread was in order. So, without further ado,

What are premium ships?

In this game there are two kinds of ships; researchable tech tree ones and ones that stand outside the tech tree and can't be obtained by simply grinding up the tech tree. These ships are unique, offering some things that regular tech tree ships do not. In this thread I will attempt to go over all these unique features and discuss them.

How do I recognize a premium ship?

In port, they'll be identified with a unique icon:

ToQ5tdi.jpg

My Jean Bart is a premium ship. You can tell by the gold icon, ship tier number and ship name above the captain portrait and the gold icon in the ship carousel.

Lf9ZJCD.jpg

My Admiral Hipper is a tech tree ship. You can tell by the fact that the icons and text that are gold on the premium ship are white here.

Ok, but how about in game?

Unfortunately there is no way to tell a premium ship from a tech tree one when you see them in a match. It all comes down to memory, knowing which ships are tech tree ones and which ones are premiums. With the ever growing amount of ships in this game it can be a very daunting task for new players.

So there are tech tree ships and premium ships. Anything else?

Yes. There are also so called 'special' ships:

1tSIffn.jpg

My Yoshino is a special ship. You can tell because it has a gold wreath, tier number and name, but a white ship type icon. In this case, that of a cruiser.

Tech tree, special, premium, what are the differences? What makes them what they are?

Tech tree ships:

  • Are technically free to grind
  • Can be any tier, from 1 all the way to 10
  • Have high service costs
  • Earn a normal amount of credits
  • Don't come out of the box with a special camouflage
  • Require a captain trained for that particular ship

Premium ships:

  • Have another method of acquisition
  • Can be almost any tier, from 2 to 9
  • Have reduced service costs
  • Have increased credit income
  • Come out of the box with a special camouflage with economic bonuses
  • Can take any captain from that nation without penalties

Special ships:

  • Have another method of acquisition
  • Are always tier 10
  • Have reduced service cost
  • Earn a normal amount of credits
  • Come out of the box with a special camouflage with economic bonuses
  • Can take any captain from that nation without penalties

What other methods of acquisition?

Premium ships and special ships can have a variety of ways to acquire them.

  • Direct purchase in the premium webstore
  • Purchase with doubloons in the in-game armory
  • Earned through mission chains or campaigns
  • Unlocked with free XP and bought with 1 credit
  • Bought with coal
  • Bought with steel
  • Bought through the Research Bureau

umlMXF5.jpg

My Atlanta is an example of a premium ship that can be purchased with doubloons in the in-game armory, contrasting with:

BNhMYfx.jpg

My ARP Takao, a tier VIII premium, which was a reward for completing a mission chain during an Arpeggio of Blue Steel crossover event, several years ago. When I first earned it, the ARP Takao and all other ARP ships were 'special' ships, with glued on camouflage that didn't offer bonuses and no increased credit income. Wargaming has since made them pure premiums, with all associated benefits.

So how do the coal, steel and free XP purchases work?

w1jmGoM.jpg

My USS Black used to be a steel ship, but WG is releasing it for coal 'soon'.

Steel is earned through clan wars and certain events. Daily missions give a small amount of steel as well. Steel ships tend to be towards the higher end of competitiveness.

Coal is earned through daily containers and certain events. Coal ships tend to have a lower threshold of purchase as coal is more easily obtained than steel. Coal ships tend to be towards the middle ish end of competitiveness.

Free XP is a resource earned through normal play. The rate of earning can be increased with the use of special signals and flags. Events and containers might also give free XP. Free XP ships require an amount of free XP to unlock, after which you can buy them for 1 credit.

SjiZRRn.jpg

My Nelson, here seen wearing a fetching Azure Lane crossover camouflage and with appropriate captain, is a free XP ship.

6LUNcMU.jpg

Ohio is a research bureau ship. The RB is a system where long time players who have at least 5 tier 10 tech tree ships in port can reset a tech tree line and regrind it all the way to tier 10 to earn special Research Points. These can be used to buy unique ships through the research bureau.

Reduced service cost.

Every ship has a service cost, depending on tier, and in some cases, type. This is a flat service fee and serves, at higher tiers, as credit sink and is part of Wargaming's monetization scheme.

Premium ships and special ships have reduced service cost, compared to tech tree ships of the same tier and type.

Earning bonus credits.

Premium ships have a special credit income bonus baked into the ship. This is active regardless of what camouflage is mounted, or whether one is mounted at all. In general the amount of credits a premium ship makes depends on tier, with higher tier premium ships earning more credits than lower tier ones. The exception to this are the 'special' ships, at tier 10, which do not have a specific credit income multiplier baked in to them, thus making them less suitable as pure credit grinders than their tier 9 and 8 premium cousins.

In general the credit income potential goes something like this:

  1. USS Missouri
  2. Tier 8 premium ships with the Kobayashi camouflage
  3. Tier 9 premium ships
  4. Tier 8 premium ships

etc.

The USS Missouri was available for a while a few years ago, as first T9 premium ship and first Free XP ship. Wargaming gave it a very high credit income multiplier, but woefully underestimated people's willingness to grind out the free XP needed, so the ship was later made unavailable through normal means and future T9 premiums have a slightly lower credit income multiplier, though they're still great credit grinders.

S9UPUw1.jpg

Musashi, sadly no longer available, earns less credits than Missouri but is still a powerhouse of earning.

Keep in mind though that there are also ammunition costs, which are not reduced on premiums and specials. However, these tend to only add up to a portion of a ship's running cost cost.

Special premium camouflage:

Premium and Special ships come with a Type 10 camouflage that has some basic gameplay and economic bonuses.

UgSkP1e.jpg

My Tirpitz, here seen appropriately parked in a fjord, comes with a camouflage that provides the following bonuses:

  • 3% better surface concealment
  • 4% additional dispersion to incoming fire
  • 10% reduction in service cost
  • 50% additional XP per battle

The additional XP bonus can vary by tier, and select premium ships may additional bonuses baked in to their camouflage. Note that you can take this camouflage off and lose the bonuses, or put another camouflage on for different bonuses.

So what's this about taking captains?

Premium and special ships can accept any captain of the right nationality without performance penalties. For example:

lzqy6WD.jpg

Here my Mainz premium ship is captained by my Z-52 destroyer captain, yet all skills are working at normal efficiency. Meanwhile;

AG0lAs0.jpg

I've put my Błyskawica, a premium ship, captain onto my Halland, a tech tree ship, and the skills are highlighted in orange, which means they're working at reduced capacity. There are also warnings to retrain the captain to Halland.

Premium ships are handy captain trainers because of this reason. In general you don't need a captain for a premium ship as you can use any captain from that nation to pilot the ship, earning him more XP and accelerating his leveling.

A word of caution though, some premium ships require a specialized captain build and don't work to their full potential with a regular captain trained for a tech tree ship.

dJPET0E.jpg

USS Georgia (and Ohio and Massachusetts) have enhanced secondaries that the tech tree USN BBs don't have, so require a different skill build to shine. This makes them bad captain trainers, as a regular tech tree USN BB captain won't have the deep skill build that is optimal for Georgia, Ohio and Massachusetts.

But I see premium ships that I can't get anymore? What's up with that?

Qey63Iw.jpg

HMS Belfast, a notorious example of a premium ship that's no longer available through normal means.

Some times premium ships get removed from sale for any number of reasons, including:

  • Creating artificial scarcity
  • The ship was overperforming / overpowered and they didn't want to nerf it
  • The ship was too common
  • The ship messed up the credit economy too much

Whenever a ship is removed from sale, those lucky people that got their hands on one before it was removed will still keep it in their port and be able to play it.

So far historically there's only been one premium ship that was removed from the game entirely, and that was the Kitakami. However, this happened when the game went from Beta to Live and everyone's account was reset completely, including existing premium ships. When the game went live again Kitakami was removed, so nobody had a chance to repurchase it. Everyone who had it prior to the reset was compensated in doubloons.

Wait, overperforming / overpowered?

Yes. Some premium ships were removed from sale because of being overpowered. For some reason their powerlevel didn't quite reveal itself during testing so the ship made it to live without the necessary adjustments. But that doesn't mean that all premiums are overpowered. Far from. Some are known as being very underpowered.

jYaAj72.jpg

Viribus Unitis, displayed here where it needed a bit more time, on the designer's table. VU is not known for being a very powerful ship, in fact it's often cited as an example of an underpowered premium. However, it still has its fans. Despite its drawbacks limiting its competitiveness, driving it can still lead to fun moments.

What about unique variants though?

Some ships in this game have unique variants. Like my Tirpitz Black:

HjaB8xH.jpg

Functionally and game play wise it's the exact same ship as the Tirpitz, just with a separate port ID and wearing a sinister but beautiful black dress.

Other unique variants of ships include:

  • ARP Kongou
  • ARP Hiei
  • ARP Kirishima
  • ARP Haruna

Which are just Arpeggio themed T5 Kongo class battleships, functionally identical.

  • ARP Myoukou
  • ARP Haguro
  • ARP Ishigara
  • ARP Nachi

Which are just Arpeggio themed T7 Myoukou class heavy cruisers, functionally identical.

I think that's it for my primer on what premium ships are and what they do in game, how they work and what benefits they offer. If I've left anything out, please feel free to leave a comment.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 26
  • Thanks 22
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,071
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles

l4QR58m.jpg

Good work, Lert!

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,353 battles

Excellent article; very clear and easy to understand.  Hope it gets pinned!  Meanwhile just one item I'd like to question.  In regards to the Viribus Unitis section:  why driving and not helming or piloting or steering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
986
[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,096 battles

A good review for me and I'm sure a VERY helpful guide for folks striving to make their in-game economy sound and working on leveling-up commanders. 

Edited by Pugilistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,555
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles
Just now, Altwar said:

why driving and not helming or piloting or steering?

It has an engine and a steering wheel. shrugs

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,263
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles

Nice work. I've been a bit unclear on the difference between special and premium ships for a while, even though I'm a pretty experienced player. This cleared it up.

 

I do have a bit of a question. You say premium and special ships have a reduced service cost. Is this baked in like the credit bonus, and any camo bonus for service reduction is on top of that, or is the service reduction only from the camo?

Also, you might want to clarify that in addition to the service cost there is the cost of expended munitions, which is not reduced at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,555
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

I do have a bit of a question. You say premium and special ships have a reduced service cost. Is this baked in like the credit bonus, and any camo bonus for service reduction is on top of that, or is the service reduction only from the camo?

This is baked into the ship itself AFAIK though a camo will have a service cost reduction on it as well.

2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Also, you might want to clarify that in addition to the service cost there is the cost of expended munitions, which is not reduced at all.

Good point, will add.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
447 posts
19,382 battles

Always new people needing info...thanks Lert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[ARC]
Members
897 posts
10,476 battles

This is great and informative. Knowing this is something not essencial in playing the game, but facilitates things so much that it is recommended. Props to you Lert.

 

4 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I do have a bit of a question. You say premium and special ships have a reduced service cost. Is this baked in like the credit bonus, and any camo bonus for service reduction is on top of that, or is the service reduction only from the camo?

Take into account that (mostly) Premium, Special and Tech Tree's permanent camouflage have the same bonuses. Even then, premium ships generates more credits and have a reduced service cost outside the bonus from the camo. In the case of Special ships, they only have a reduced service cost compared to Tech Tree ships with Permanent camouflage.

 
Tier Service Cost per match
Tech Tree Ship
(base cost) *
Tech Tree Ship
(with permanent camouflage)
Premium Ship
(base cost) *
Premium Ship
(with permanent camouflage)
I 0 Credits N/A N/A N/A
II 2,000 Credits N/A 2,000 Credits 1,800 Credits (-10%)
III 3,000 Credits 2,700 Credits (-10%) [11] 3,000 Credits 2,700 Credits] (-10%)
IV 5,000 Credits N/A 5,000 Credits 4,500 Credits (-10%)
V 11,500 Credits 10,350 Credits (-10%) [11] 11,500 Credits 10,350 Credits (-10%)
VI 23,000 Credits 20,700 Credits (-10%) 21,850 Credits (×0.95) 19,665 Credits (-10%)
VII 42,000 Credits 37,800 Credits (-10%) 35,700 Credits (×0.85) 32,130 Credits (-10%)
VIII 75,000 Credits 67,500 Credits (-10%) 52,500 Credits (×0.7) 47,250 Credits (-10%)
IX 120,000 Credits 96,000 Credits (-20%) 60,000 Credits (×0.5) 48,000 Credits (-20%)
X 180,000 Credits 90,000 Credits (-50%) 90,000 Credits (×0.5) 45,000 Credits (-50%)

 

This table (found on World of Warships wiki, credits to them) shows the precise values. This shows the reduction in service costs for Premium/Special ships scales with tier, being 0% from tier 2 to tier 5 (because they are cheap enough to run), 5% for tier 6, 15% to tier 7, 30% to tier 8, and 50% to tier 9 Premium and tier 10 Special ships.

By the way, the ships with permanent camouflage in tier 3 are the ones used as base models for the Halloween ships in 2016 and 2017 (Wakatake, St. Louis and Nassau). The ones at tier 5 are Emerald and New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
262 posts
22,246 battles

From my study, T8 premium earns 65% more credit than tech tree, T7 is 45% more, T5 is 20% more.  T10 has none but compensated by 20% in permanent camo.  T9 could be higher than 65% but no proof yet.  T6 should be around 35%.
Data backed up by this 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

A rework of an older thread in which I explained the ins and outs of premium ships. The meta around them has shifted so much since then that I felt a new thread was in order. So, without further ado,

What are premium ships?

In this game there are two kinds of ships; researchable tech tree ones and ones that stand outside the tech tree and can't be obtained by simply grinding up the tech tree. These ships are unique, offering some things that regular tech tree ships do not. In this thread I will attempt to go over all these unique features and discuss them.

How do I recognize a premium ship?

In port, they'll be identified with a unique icon:

ToQ5tdi.jpg

My Jean Bart is a premium ship. You can tell by the gold icon, ship tier number and ship name above the captain portrait and the gold icon in the ship carousel.

Lf9ZJCD.jpg

My Admiral Hipper is a tech tree ship. You can tell by the fact that the icons and text that are gold on the premium ship are white here.

Ok, but how about in game?

Unfortunately there is no way to tell a premium ship from a tech tree one when you see them in a match. It all comes down to memory, knowing which ships are tech tree ones and which ones are premiums. With the ever growing amount of ships in this game it can be a very daunting task for new players.

So there are tech tree ships and premium ships. Anything else?

Yes. There are also so called 'special' ships:

1tSIffn.jpg

My Yoshino is a special ship. You can tell because it has a gold wreath, tier number and name, but a white ship type icon. In this case, that of a cruiser.

Tech tree, special, premium, what are the differences? What makes them what they are?

Tech tree ships:

  • Are technically free to grind
  • Can be any tier, from 1 all the way to 10
  • Have high service costs
  • Earn a normal amount of credits
  • Don't come out of the box with a special camouflage
  • Require a captain trained for that particular ship

Premium ships:

  • Have another method of acquisition
  • Can be almost any tier, from 2 to 9
  • Have reduced service costs
  • Have increased credit income
  • Come out of the box with a special camouflage with economic bonuses
  • Can take any captain from that nation without penalties

Special ships:

  • Have another method of acquisition
  • Are always tier 10
  • Have reduced service cost
  • Earn a normal amount of credits
  • Come out of the box with a special camouflage with economic bonuses
  • Can take any captain from that nation without penalties

What other methods of acquisition?

Premium ships and special ships can have a variety of ways to acquire them.

  • Direct purchase in the premium webstore
  • Purchase with doubloons in the in-game armory
  • Earned through mission chains or campaigns
  • Unlocked with free XP and bought with 1 credit
  • Bought with coal
  • Bought with steel
  • Bought through the Research Bureau

umlMXF5.jpg

My Atlanta is an example of a premium ship that can be purchased with doubloons in the in-game armory, contrasting with:

BNhMYfx.jpg

My ARP Takao, a tier VIII premium, which was a reward for completing a mission chain during an Arpeggio of Blue Steel crossover event, several years ago. When I first earned it, the ARP Takao and all other ARP ships were 'special' ships, with glued on camouflage that didn't offer bonuses and no increased credit income. Wargaming has since made them pure premiums, with all associated benefits.

So how do the coal, steel and free XP purchases work?

w1jmGoM.jpg

My USS Black used to be a steel ship, but WG is releasing it for coal 'soon'.

Steel is earned through clan wars and certain events. Daily missions give a small amount of steel as well. Steel ships tend to be towards the higher end of competitiveness.

Coal is earned through daily containers and certain events. Coal ships tend to have a lower threshold of purchase as coal is more easily obtained than steel. Coal ships tend to be towards the middle ish end of competitiveness.

Free XP is a resource earned through normal play. The rate of earning can be increased with the use of special signals and flags. Events and containers might also give free XP. Free XP ships require an amount of free XP to unlock, after which you can buy them for 1 credit.

SjiZRRn.jpg

My Nelson, here seen wearing a fetching Azure Lane crossover camouflage and with appropriate captain, is a free XP ship.

6LUNcMU.jpg

Ohio is a research bureau ship. The RB is a system where long time players who have at least 5 tier 10 tech tree ships in port can reset a tech tree line and regrind it all the way to tier 10 to earn special Research Points. These can be used to buy unique ships through the research bureau.

Reduced service cost.

Every ship has a service cost, depending on tier, and in some cases, type. This is a flat service fee and serves, at higher tiers, as credit sink and is part of Wargaming's monetization scheme.

Premium ships and special ships have reduced service cost, compared to tech tree ships of the same tier and type.

Earning bonus credits.

Premium ships have a special credit income bonus baked into the ship. This is active regardless of what camouflage is mounted, or whether one is mounted at all. In general the amount of credits a premium ship makes depends on tier, with higher tier premium ships earning more credits than lower tier ones. The exception to this are the 'special' ships, at tier 10, which do not have a specific credit income multiplier baked in to them, thus making them less suitable as pure credit grinders than their tier 9 and 8 premium cousins.

In general the credit income potential goes something like this:

  1. USS Missouri
  2. Tier 8 premium ships with the Kobayashi camouflage
  3. Tier 9 premium ships
  4. Tier 8 premium ships

etc.

The USS Missouri was available for a while a few years ago, as first T9 premium ship and first Free XP ship. Wargaming gave it a very high credit income multiplier, but woefully underestimated people's willingness to grind out the free XP needed, so the ship was later made unavailable through normal means and future T9 premiums have a slightly lower credit income multiplier, though they're still great credit grinders.

S9UPUw1.jpg

Musashi, sadly no longer available, earns less credits than Missouri but is still a powerhouse of earning.

Keep in mind though that there are also ammunition costs, which are not reduced on premiums and specials. However, these tend to only add up to a portion of a ship's running cost cost.

Special premium camouflage:

Premium and Special ships come with a Type 10 camouflage that has some basic gameplay and economic bonuses.

UgSkP1e.jpg

My Tirpitz, here seen appropriately parked in a fjord, comes with a camouflage that provides the following bonuses:

  • 3% better surface concealment
  • 4% additional dispersion to incoming fire
  • 10% reduction in service cost
  • 50% additional XP per battle

The additional XP bonus can vary by tier, and select premium ships may additional bonuses baked in to their camouflage. Note that you can take this camouflage off and lose the bonuses, or put another camouflage on for different bonuses.

So what's this about taking captains?

Premium and special ships can accept any captain of the right nationality without performance penalties. For example:

lzqy6WD.jpg

Here my Mainz premium ship is captained by my Z-52 destroyer captain, yet all skills are working at normal efficiency. Meanwhile;

AG0lAs0.jpg

I've put my Błyskawica, a premium ship, captain onto my Halland, a tech tree ship, and the skills are highlighted in orange, which means they're working at reduced capacity. There are also warnings to retrain the captain to Halland.

Premium ships are handy captain trainers because of this reason. In general you don't need a captain for a premium ship as you can use any captain from that nation to pilot the ship, earning him more XP and accelerating his leveling.

A word of caution though, some premium ships require a specialized captain build and don't work to their full potential with a regular captain trained for a tech tree ship.

dJPET0E.jpg

USS Georgia (and Ohio and Massachusetts) have enhanced secondaries that the tech tree USN BBs don't have, so require a different skill build to shine. This makes them bad captain trainers, as a regular tech tree USN BB captain won't have the deep skill build that is optimal for Georgia, Ohio and Massachusetts.

But I see premium ships that I can't get anymore? What's up with that?

Qey63Iw.jpg

HMS Belfast, a notorious example of a premium ship that's no longer available through normal means.

Some times premium ships get removed from sale for any number of reasons, including:

  • Creating artificial scarcity
  • The ship was overperforming / overpowered and they didn't want to nerf it
  • The ship was too common
  • The ship messed up the credit economy too much

Whenever a ship is removed from sale, those lucky people that got their hands on one before it was removed will still keep it in their port and be able to play it.

So far historically there's only been one premium ship that was removed from the game entirely, and that was the Kitakami. However, this happened when the game went from Beta to Live and everyone's account was reset completely, including existing premium ships. When the game went live again Kitakami was removed, so nobody had a chance to repurchase it. Everyone who had it prior to the reset was compensated in doubloons.

Wait, overperforming / overpowered?

Yes. Some premium ships were removed from sale because of being overpowered. For some reason their powerlevel didn't quite reveal itself during testing so the ship made it to live without the necessary adjustments. But that doesn't mean that all premiums are overpowered. Far from. Some are known as being very underpowered.

jYaAj72.jpg

Viribus Unitis, displayed here where it needed a bit more time, on the designer's table. VU is not known for being a very powerful ship, in fact it's often cited as an example of an underpowered premium. However, it still has its fans. Despite its drawbacks limiting its competitiveness, driving it can still lead to fun moments.

What about unique variants though?

Some ships in this game have unique variants. Like my Tirpitz Black:

HjaB8xH.jpg

Functionally and game play wise it's the exact same ship as the Tirpitz, just with a separate port ID and wearing a sinister but beautiful black dress.

Other unique variants of ships include:

  • ARP Kongou
  • ARP Hiei
  • ARP Kirishima
  • ARP Haruna

Which are just Arpeggio themed T5 Kongo class battleships, functionally identical.

  • ARP Myoukou
  • ARP Haguro
  • ARP Ishigara
  • ARP Nachi

Which are just Arpeggio themed T7 Myoukou class heavy cruisers, functionally identical.

I think that's it for my primer on what premium ships are and what they do in game, how they work and what benefits they offer. If I've left anything out, please feel free to leave a comment.

great work, good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[ARC]
Members
897 posts
10,476 battles
4 hours ago, o4x4 said:

From my study, T8 premium earns 65% more credit than tech tree, T7 is 45% more, T5 is 20% more.  T10 has none but compensated by 20% in permanent camo.  T9 could be higher than 65% but no proof yet.  T6 should be around 35%.
Data backed up by this 

 

 

Was that Clan Brawls? Because if it is, you have solved one of the misteries in economy. It was already known that tier 10 Special ships do not earn more than Tech Tree ones, and that premium ships has a baked-in credit modifier, but that data is really interesting as it is near to impossible to get clearly in Random Battles.

PD. I noted that it was Ranked Sprint. XP and credits are not fixed in Ranked, you can still earn more in a given match. You should wait for the next Clan Brawls (4th July, tier 8) to get the true coefficient.

For tier 6 you should wait for the next Clan Battles season, and tier 9 had a Ranked Sprint before, but I'm not sure we have gotten Clan Brawls in that tier.

Edited by hanesco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
262 posts
22,246 battles
1 hour ago, hanesco said:

Was that Clan Brawls? Because if it is, you have solved one of the misteries in economy. It was already known that tier 10 Special ships do not earn more than Tech Tree ones, and that premium ships has a baked-in credit modifier, but that data is really interesting as it is near to impossible to get clearly in Random Battles.

PD. I noted that it was Ranked Sprint. XP and credits are not fixed in Ranked, you can still earn more in a given match. You should wait for the next Clan Brawls (4th July, tier 8) to get the true coefficient.

For tier 6 you should wait for the next Clan Battles season, and tier 9 had a Ranked Sprint before, but I'm not sure we have gotten Clan Brawls in that tier.

T8 1x1 match was giving fixed base xp and credit.  Other than that, only clan battles/brawls would tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[CO-OP]
Members
1,492 posts
24,752 battles

Great informative post @Lert only thing I'd add is that new line release ships are special ships during the initial phase of release until the tech tree is opened up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[ALLY]
Members
273 posts
18,470 battles

Lert,

Awesome job.  Excellent post and very informative especially for newer players.  I was going to ask if you were trying to give LWM a run for her money on informative posts, but you did not include anything about doing things to moose testicles or sticking your hand in duck puke.  Well we can always strive to get better.  Maybe your next post can include some witty sayings.  Of course maybe you are more like Walter Cronkite (hopefully you know who I am talking about) where as LWM is more like the original MTV news.  Yes I am dating myself.

I really have nothing to add from an informational point of view because I thought the post was like Mary Poppins (Practically Perfect in Every Way)!

C130 signing out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[ARC]
Members
897 posts
10,476 battles
15 hours ago, o4x4 said:

T8 1x1 match was giving fixed base xp and credit.  Other than that, only clan battles/brawls would tell.

Oh, didn't knew that. Then you only lack tier 6 and tier 9 to make sure of every premium ship modifier then. At tier 9 there are 2 as far as I know (Missouri has one and the other Premium ships has another one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×