Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Battleship Kii - Ranked Sprint

5 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,354 posts
14,156 battles

So I finally got around to playing some Ranked Sprint for the first time this season yesterday.  Fiddled a bit with Benson and Amagi, as I'm currently re-grinding through them, but quickly discovered the plethora of CVs abound.

Switched over to Kidd for some good matches and plane shredding, and then upon realizing I needed to secure some Dockyard mission battleship requirements, figured I'd dust off IJN battleship Kii after a long hiatus.  Honestly, played a couple matches with it and completely forgot how fun that ship can be.  While I chose it for the strong AA-suite (conveniently, no CVs showed up during those matches), it performed pretty well in close quarters combat. 

Funny thing is, it took me to 3/4 the way through the first match to even remember she had torpedoes.  It dawned on me as a Richilieu came around an island at 5km out from my stern, and then those torps easily sent him to the bottom.  The armor scheme on Kii may not be the best at brawling, but those torps sure can be a difference maker.  They hit much harder and are far more useable than those found on Mutsu.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
11,747 battles
56 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

So I finally got around to playing some Ranked Sprint for the first time this season yesterday.  Fiddled a bit with Benson and Amagi, as I'm currently re-grinding through them, but quickly discovered the plethora of CVs abound.

Switched over to Kidd for some good matches and plane shredding, and then upon realizing I needed to secure some Dockyard mission battleship requirements, figured I'd dust off IJN battleship Kii after a long hiatus.  Honestly, played a couple matches with it and completely forgot how fun that ship can be.  While I chose it for the strong AA-suite (conveniently, no CVs showed up during those matches), it performed pretty well in close quarters combat. 

Funny thing is, it took me to 3/4 the way through the first match to even remember she had torpedoes.  It dawned on me as a Richilieu came around an island at 5km out from my stern, and then those torps easily sent him to the bottom.  The armor scheme on Kii may not be the best at brawling, but those torps sure can be a difference maker.  They hit much harder and are far more useable than those found on Mutsu.

Ok.  Benson and DD are fine on Sprint.  I just did this account to rank 1 in 35 battles doing only DDs.  And then did my second account with just the Oland and Orkan in 33 battles.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,711 battles

Congratulations! Torpedo armed BB’s can be deadly to tangle with. Don’t have the Kii but do have the Scharnhorst. It can be decisive for sure.

50% Akizuki, 50% that shall not be mentioned lol

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Congratulations! Torpedo armed BB’s can be deadly to tangle with. Don’t have the Kii but do have the Scharnhorst. It can be decisive for sure.

50% Akizuki, 50% that shall not be mentioned lol

Hmm sounds like somebody has been dabbling in the dark arts that fly through the sky and attack warships.

[SIDE]
Members
4,698 posts

Still getting therapy from last regular ranked. Haven't even started ranked sprint. Typically getting an early start is the smart move. Is it too late?

Sign in to follow this