You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Players with "too many" ships already: What are you still excited to get? What are you thinking is "meh"?

62 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles

Especially premiums, any that really want to be gotten? For me its the Bajie. Hearing flamu say its very fun and good excites me. Also PA and maybe the best camo/look there is. Also T9 with accurate guns with a lot of punch. (Does the Bajie suffer from notably less penetration than Musashi?) 

Would not say no to Irian either. 

Waiting to get enough coal for Thunderer. 

---

Been having trouble getting hyped to grind any other lines, especially the German CA line and the Soviet cruisers lines. I don't know if the German line has any use currently, and the Soviet line, while neat seems well... a tad boring. 

Wondering if its time for something seriously new. The non-smoke DD lines seem like a pain. The Daring seems like a overpowered Gearing, and seems pretty boring since I've already played through YY and Gearing. 

Both DM and Worchester were refreshing and new as a BB and DD player. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I have over a hundred ships sitting in my port and the Steel ships and coal ships are what I am getting and have been getting in order to have new and fresh ships.

[BOTES]
Members
2,192 posts
8,057 battles

Only thing that gets me excited are historical ships or challenge ships. I enjoy playing Wichita lately. It is markedly worse than Baltimore, but it feels more like the old T8 NOLA. I've also been playing more mid tiers to get away from CV cancer and Trento is definitely a challenge. Its damage potential is nonexistent against decent players but saving your health and doing late game smoke/torp rushes is a lot of fun. Reminds me of what you used to be able to do with most DDs before radar/CV ruined the meta.

I know I won't be able to do this with higher tier RN CA, but Devonshire has been a wild ride thus far. I'm almost averaging 100k with it and if I actually bothered to play ships enough to end up on leaderboards, I had a very high damage game with it (150k) that puts me in the top 15 on NA.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Boring 1

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

If it were a coal ship I'd want to get a Shakshima and give it a meme secondary build. If the JB or Smolensk were still in the game in the last patch I'd probably have got one of those, but instead I got Kuznetsov captain for my Russian BB's. It would take years to get a Steel ship so none of those ships are relevant, the idea of regrinding a line is ridiculous so I converted my initial RB points to flags to sell for credits and will never reset a line, and I'm a F2P player so I'll never buy a premium ship.

Apart from that, nothing really. I've got all the tier 10 ships I'm really interested in (Kremlin, DM, Worcester, Gearing, Zao, GK) and both of the non-free ships (a coal Georgia and a FXP Alaska). I used to play DD's back in my first stint in the game (before the CV rework) and then came back and found DD's are irrelevant in the Radar/CV/HE Spam meta and none of my high tier tech trees I care that much about progressing.

I have an Iowa but it can't hit the broadside of a barn and I have a Georgia anyway, the Russian CL line isn't very interesting after doing three other Cruiser lines to T10 they are so vulnerable, I'm not a big fan of the Akizuki, the Richelieu I am woeful in and don't really care enough about the RN CL line to bother playing the Fiji.

The only other line I'm vaguely interested in was the Japanese BB line, but I decided to do the Russian line first, and I've got bored of randoms since then, and Ranked then Ranked Sprint just pissed me off with how I was constantly getting terrible players & matchmaking. I'm taking a break for a while.

Edited by macktkau2

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

USS Black with coal.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for the next free xp ship.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles

I have ships for every play style. The only things that get me hyped anymore would be fun meme ships like Shikishima, historically significant ships or Dutch ships.

• Cool 2

[5D]
Members
1,065 posts
13,595 battles

German CV, maybe Slava depending how broken it is on release

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

KM CVs, FDR and Litorrio.

SAP on a BB? All my yes! They'd have to try to make that not interesting.

Edit: Ohh, and Siegfried. That thing just sounds hilarious.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

For me at least, ships are not content these are the meh part.  I am far more excited for maps, modes and different class interactions.

• Cool 5

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, Snarky_Wombat said:

For me at least, ships are not content these are the meh part.  I am far more excited for maps, modes and different class interactions.

Unless WG somehow finds a way to sell maps without breaking matchmaking (maybe map skins???), I doubt the rate of map and mode output will increase short of the playerbase increasing drastically.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Got Osterland, going for Halland.
Got Jutland, going for Daring.
The elite DD emblem is the last thing I can accomplish in this game, and those 2 look like my best chance.

Also just ranked out with a new Lexington, earned enough xp to unlock all the modules.
Was gonna get the Midway just so I have a Tier 10 CV, but now gonna wait to see what currency the Roosevelt sells for.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

If its a tech-tree ship I have had it and probably sold it. If its a Free-xp ship I watched them in battle and videos and decided to buy it or not. Coal I think I have them all at this point.  That said I have 24 ships I have kept, I keep ships that <<I enjoy playing>> 

To answer your question:

I wait until the release, then watch them in game and video's to determine if they are "M'eh" or not.

If they appear to be something I am interested in, then I get it if not I don't.

My advice do what makes you happy, there are hundreds of ships to play and chose from, keep the ones you enjoy and play those.

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles

If it’s Russian, be excited - it’s guaranteed to be OP.

If it’s anything else (German BB especially) it’s going to be meh. 

• Confused 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
5 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Especially premiums, any that really want to be gotten? For me its the Bajie. Hearing flamu say its very fun and good excites me. Also PA and maybe the best camo/look there is. Also T9 with accurate guns with a lot of punch. (Does the Bajie suffer from notably less penetration than Musashi?) 

Would not say no to Irian either. 

Waiting to get enough coal for Thunderer. 

---

Been having trouble getting hyped to grind any other lines, especially the German CA line and the Soviet cruisers lines. I don't know if the German line has any use currently, and the Soviet line, while neat seems well... a tad boring. 

Wondering if its time for something seriously new. The non-smoke DD lines seem like a pain. The Daring seems like a overpowered Gearing, and seems pretty boring since I've already played through YY and Gearing. 

Both DM and Worchester were refreshing and new as a BB and DD player. 

I no longer get excited over ships, especially premiums. The cost of running T10 has removed any excitement of grinding more ships to T10. But I also find the most fun in running ops. The power creep that we see, especially in T10 where older tech tree ships are feeling the power creep the most, is far less noticeable in the mid tiers & even less in coops & operations. 

With that said I will admit there are 3 premiums I would like to have for operations.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles

> What are you still excited to get?

Neustrashimy, maybe. But CVs make it hard to get excited about any DD.

Oh, and Siegfried. But I don't feel like regrinding lines :(

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I no longer get excited over ships, especially premiums. The cost of running T10 has removed any excitement of grinding more ships to T10. But I also find the most fun in running ops. The power creep that we see, especially in T10 where older tech tree ships are feeling the power creep the most, is far less noticeable in the mid tiers & even less in coops & operations. 

With that said I will admit there are 3 premiums I would like to have for operations.

And which three might those be?  C'mon, spill those beans!  :cap_win:

[CO-OP]
Members
1,492 posts
24,752 battles

My name is Efros and I am a Shipoholic

I think the only thing that drives me is getting something new to tinker with. I have curtailed my premium urges as it becomes increasingly clear to me that they are usually fairly mediocre ships. I will usually pursue a reward ship if it is achievable in PVE occasionally in Randoms/Ranked if I want it enough. The only ships I buy outright nowadays are ships like the Mikoyan which enables a set of directives to be more easily completed.  I did recently buy the Bayard but that's because it is certainly not a mediocre ship.

1047974459_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.01-11_18_16_33.png.39db94c8c1016607257145349b28d530.png

• Funny 1

[STRAW]
Members
8 posts
9,375 battles

192 ships here, around 90 are premium.

My list looks like this:

1.- Is a real ship? (For both tech tree and premiums)

2.- Is the ship fun to play? (I have played coop for the last 2 years so no big meta thoughts about this one)

Currently the only ships I want to get are Kidd and Alabama.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,353 battles

97 ships in my collection with 12 vacant port slots and am greatly anticipating the California as my 98th!   I've enough coal to get any ship in the Armory and was aiming to add the Yoshino, but in reading the forum, I've cooled a bit towards that one while I've warmed to the Salem a bit.  Might be able to get the Agir in the fall with FXP, but meanwhile trying to remain a bit patient for the California.

Meanwhile I don't think I can have enough ships (I've 237 tanks in WoT and have room for several more), but it was funny to see the Duca d'Aosta in port this week as I was sorting ships for Directive missons;  I'd forgotten she was even in my fleet!

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
2,679 posts
7,489 battles
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

> What are you still excited to get?

Neustrashimy, maybe. But CVs make it hard to get recited about any DD.

Oh, and Siegfried. But I don't feel like regrinding lines :(

Yeah, I'm also waiting for Neustra to come back for coal. In the meantime I'll get Thunderer cause meh why not, but the DD is more interesting than her.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
661 posts
6,278 battles

Nothing really.  Maybe California?  But with Hood, Scharnhorst, and Ashigara, among others in port at T7 I highly doubt she see service anyway.   So, meh.

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles
7 hours ago, Lert said:

I have ships for every play style. The only things that get me hyped anymore would be fun meme ships like Shikishima, historically significant ships or Dutch ships.

This is also me. I now have T10s of every class. 

The Shikishima is one of the ones I would really want to try, but I don't think I'd ever get enough ?steel? to get close. 

Significant historical ships is a big plus. 

And of course personal national flavor. 

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles
1 hour ago, NadorCalatia said:

192 ships here, around 90 are premium.

My list looks like this:

1.- Is a real ship? (For both tech tree and premiums)

2.- Is the ship fun to play? (I have played coop for the last 2 years so no big meta thoughts about this one)

Currently the only ships I want to get are Kidd and Alabama.

Seems like you've played a ton of battles but don't post much. Welcome to the forums =) 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles

With 350+ ships in port I was still excited for Odin and Siegfried.

I am excited to grind the subs lines and will casually grind the German CV's

In the short term will regrind some of my favorite lines in order to get Sigfried.