You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Please please WG implement a freakin CV filter

31 comments in this topic

Members
553 posts
2,178 battles

At this point CV players are just bullies and WG is rolling along with it.

So I was in my T8 IJN DD. I said good thing I'm in a DD so you CV [edited] can't do crap

And then 2 CV players started talking smack about my DD and then eventually, they sent 5 squadrons at me with rockets, dive bombers and torps .

The last torp was done when I was facing a Gneiseinau and vulnerable so I got sunk.

To add insult to injury, one of the enemy CV players said "How do you like the crapI've done ???"

That's when I completely lost it.

Instead of getting mad, I decided to get even and get back with my T7 CA with high alert AA.

For 2 games I cou;dn't find a single CV.

And in both games, my CA got sunk by enemy BBs.

This is just impossible.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 17

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,928 posts
11,602 battles

1 word, Coop, dont have to worry about CVs there because theyre bots, and bot CVs make players with less than 100 battles buying their way to T8 with a premium CV look like unicums in comparison

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

CVs aren't going away. You can either go learn to play against them, or go play another game. Either way they are here to stay. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
506 posts
15,152 battles
37 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

So I was in my T8 IJN DD. I said good thing I'm in a DD so you CV [edited] can't do crap

And then 2 CV players started talking smack about my DD and then eventually, they sent 5 squadrons at me with rockets, dive bombers and torps .

The last torp was done when I was facing a Gneiseinau and vulnerable so I got sunk.

To add insult to injury, one of the enemy CV players said "How do you like the crapI've done ???"

Instead of getting mad, I decided to get even and get back with my T7 CA with high alert AA.

This is just impossible.

not going to implement a cv filter

• Thanks 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts

You ever met Great Blasto? You guys would be famous together!! In a good way.

Interesting note. Had a game tonight with a Hak on each team. I got chain radared in Oster and deleted midway. I lurked and watched various team mates do what they do. The carriers both seemed to be quite decent. Seems to spread out strikes and, ours at least, responded to calls for spotting pretty readily. At least one bomb or torp hit on every run against the cruisers and BB. Top score went to a Gearing on our team and a Daring on theirs. I think both carriers were 4th or 5th on respective teams.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,068 posts
5,943 battles

The bad news is that your experience is exactly what WG wants you to do.  Some percentage of new players buy a premium during all that fun and engagement.   Before they quit.

And then you got the lifers and the collectors who will put up with pretty much anything.

The good news is that WG has stated they will never do a filter or a no cv option just like they said they'd never ever introduce subs.

• Confused 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
512 posts
16,746 battles

There’s never going to be a CV filter because there won’t be a BB filter and a DD filter, etc. 

WG needs to fix the CV-DD interaction. There’s a lot of things that are implemented for game play purposes. While CV’s to an extent are good for the game and add some aspects that can’t be had otherwise, the way they completely neuter DD’s needs fixing.

In the same way there’s little chance a Fletcher can sink a Yamato in real life with 5” guns alone but can in this game, something needs to be done for gameplay purposes.

Edited by Bortt

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

So I was in my T8 IJN DD.

On which server, Akiyama?

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,068 posts
5,943 battles
8 minutes ago, Bortt said:

There’s never going to be a CV filter because there won’t be a BB filter and a DD filter, etc. 

At the game level, you need BBs CAs and DDs.  They each fill a necessary role in the capture flag dynamic at the core of the game.

CVs aren't really necessary and detract severely from the core game play.   Probably not gonna be a filter per se.  Call it a premium game mode...

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles
59 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

This is just impossible.

Just to be sure I have this correctly, you talked smack first?

Then, got tag-teamed by two CV's and tied-up their squadrons for at least 5 attack runs.  Sparing your team-mates the attentions of the CV's.

The CV's didn't sink you.  A surface ship sunk you, a BB with with a torpedo sunk your DD?  Or was it a gun salvo?

Then, after the match you decided that your karma should be in a position to serve-up some damage to other CV's who had no idea what had happened to you.
And Karma basically said, "Nope, you need to reflect upon this and reach a state of harmony before proceeding along the path to enlightenment", eh?

The impossible apparently was possible.  :-)

Whether we are allies or opponents, I hope we meet in a match.
Why?
Well, to make great drinking stories like this one, together.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Thanks for sharing the experience with us.  :-)

• Funny 4
  • Thanks 3

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles

Excellent bait! Well done!

[NG-NL]
Members
265 posts
9,192 battles

Please please WG implement a freakin filter for the daily pile of "I don't like carriers" forum posts.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
667 posts
13,725 battles

🙂
5 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

This is just impossible.

Rule #1 Don't talk :etc_swear: if you don't have the :etc_swear:to back up your :etc_swear:talk! In other words, If you're going to put your money where your mouth is make certain you're not talking out of your :etc_swear:

BTW getting pwned isn't the same as being bullied and you sir were PWNED!! :cat_bubble:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
13 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

1 word, Coop

Coop is boring. I don't want to play against a a poorly written spaghetti code, I want to compete with other people.

And OP -- unfortunately, WG will never implement a CV filter, because every single person would enable it, and CVs won't ever find games.

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,285 battles

i was wondering what this weeks complaint was going to be from the resident troll.

giphy.gif

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,263 battles
15 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

And then 2 CV players started talking smack about my DD and then eventually, they sent 5 squadrons at me with rockets, dive bombers and torps 

You are the one that was a bully not the CVs. If you talked like that to me and taunted me I would go after you too. It sounds to me like you think you are better than you really are.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

This post is part of the reason i don't smack talk in game. Thanks for reinforcing my feelings on it with this story.

[VFW]
Members
1,424 posts
29,261 battles

So let me understand how you have a T8 IJN DD...your highest IJN DD is a T6.   Trolling to troll....sad.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

> snip <

If you feel bold enough to talk smack, be prepared to be put down in return.  You open that door, then you deserve anything that comes through it.  Regardless of the circumstances.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,332 battles

You completely lost it because you said something completely untrue to somebody, (why would you think being in a DD would save you from a CV, when DDs are their priority target?) and they showed you how wrong you were, and then threw a variation of your own words back at you?

That's what happens when you poke the bear lol.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,898 posts
17,945 battles

Stealth in an IJN DD is all about NOT calling attention to yourself.  Although the obvious attention getter is firing main guns (and getting spotted),  don't underestimate the self-inflicted damage a DD captain can bring on self through global chat.  Silence adds stealth.

Members
5,365 posts
29 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Stealth in an IJN DD is all about NOT calling attention to yourself.  Although the obvious attention getter is firing main guns (and getting spotted),  don't underestimate the self-inflicted damage a DD captain can bring on self through global chat.  Silence adds stealth.

Agreed.  'Out of sight = out of mind' actually works a lot of times.  If you want to be stealthy, don't have people thinking about where you might be.  Someone might start looking for you.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

I did have one ranked battle where a DD called me out in my CV by saying "CV players are the type of people who wear masks in their car while driving" before match start.

I didn't honestly know whether or not to be offended, but guess who died first?

Smack talk backfires so often, its rather funny.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Meh 1