Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hauptmann_Voss205

Blast Bags removed from US 5in Guns

4 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,236 battles

Wargaming has removed the blast bags from the 5 inch double gun turrets present on many high tier US ships, is it possible to mod models in wows like you can with wot or is that not an enabled feature? Anybody who has knowledge of this let me know otherwise I will have to badger wargaming about this. I included pictures from the current client that can be cross referenced to the premium shop to compare the models.

Spoiler

Desktop Screenshot 2020.06.30 - 14.45.21.55 (2).pngDesktop Screenshot 2020.06.30 - 14.45.45.88 (2).pngDesktop Screenshot 2020.06.30 - 14.46.00.75 (2).png

Modder
1,299 posts

Not sure if this is a particularly grievous error, many of the 5"/38cal turrets did not have blast bags for whatever reason.

USS San Diego, 10th April 1944;

Spoiler

0405332.jpg

USS Iowa's 5" battery;

Spoiler

Iowa_5inch.jpg

USS Massachusetts' 5" battery;

Spoiler

5_inch_turrets_aboard_USS_Massachusetts_%28BB-59%29.jpg?1593557690001

Members
4 posts
2,236 battles

My question is that these turrets used to have blast bags ingame and can they be restored via a mod or is that not possible. This was recent change because last year they were still present. 

Edited by Hauptmann_Voss205

Modder
1,299 posts
4 minutes ago, Hauptmann_Voss205 said:

My question is that these turrets used to have blast bags ingame and can they be restored via a mod or is that not possible. This was recent change because last year they were still present. 

If someone has the old turret model and textures then possibly but model swapping can be a bit of a pain in WoWS and cause a fair bit of crashing if not done properly.

Sign in to follow this