Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Doombeagle

Warhammer 40K: The Ruinous Powers for Beginners

28 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts

Given the audience for WoWs generally being in dog years, well, dead, or otherwise lacking in knowledge of subjects of a more fantastic, or non-historical nature, this primer has been compiled to acquaint novices to the four major entities that comprise the pantheon of the forces of chaos in the Warhammer, and Warhammer 40K settings. So without further ado:

1) Khorne: The Blood God, Lord of Skulls, etc., etc., This being is the embodiment of primordial rage and bloodlust. Basically, he saw another boy naked in the showers after gym class, got kind of turned on, and is now on a desperate rampage to reassure himself and the universe that he is a virile, strapping stud and not an interior decorator.

2) Tzeentch; The Lord of Change. The constantly shape and gender shifting God of Attention Deficit Disorder. Should you be attacked by the followers of Tzeentch, point in a random direction, shout, "Look, a dead bird!," and watch them hare off in pursuit.

3) Slaanesh: The Dark God of Forbidden Sensual Pleasure. Umm, yeah, apparently mono-breasted, chitinous, lobster women are the height of eroticism. I'll just stop there, you should too.

4) Nurgle: Grandfather Nurgle, The Lord of Decay. A festering behemoth that  believes pus is the be all, end all of existence, and tends to vomit on people. Remember to stock up on plastic sheeting and air freshener.

That pretty much covers what you need to know about chaos. Some may attempt to refute this, but you may safely disregard their attempts as the diseased ramblings of heretical vermin.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
4,440 posts
3,825 battles

Technically, you could consider Chaos Undivided as a faction on their own... 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles

I heard there was heresy going on in this thread and I want in!
b37.jpeg

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

b37.jpeg

Lol figured you would show here as the thread was a perfect Mouse trap... :Smile_teethhappy:

Just surprised it took you this long to come zooming in here like a rocket.

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol figured you would show here as the thread was a perfect Mouse trap... :Smile_teethhappy:

Just surprised it took you this long to come zooming in here like a rocket.

Photoshop crashed earlier just as I was trying to save a graphic.  Big mood all day.

[KWF]
Members
4,373 posts
6,405 battles

Just to nerd out a bit and point out something that makes Chaos Gods even more interesting than they already appear. 

Their existence is based on the feelings or organisms in the galaxy negative or otherwise. So to their negative aspects as explained, they can also have more positive ones.

Khorne also represents martial pride and courage.

Tzeentch the search for  knowledge as well as the change affecting our lives.

Slaanesh arts and the quest for perfection. 

Nurgle the perseverance of living beings to continue existing. 

Always found it somewhat comforting along with the more classic explanations.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

Go to youtube and search for LUETIN09

He made a awesome collection of videos explaining the world of Warhamer 40k

You need a lot of time and some of the stuff happen in that universe could be... disturbing, very disturbing

Still, it's fun to listen to it while you play games

Would you like to know more?

Spoiler

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

22f.jpg.885577fd363b72752e19439ae76baef7.jpg

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
21 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

b37.jpeg

Perhaps you need to change your avatar...

great horned rat.jpg

Beta Testers
897 posts
3,460 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Just to nerd out a bit and point out something that makes Chaos Gods even more interesting than they already appear. 

Their existence is based on the feelings or organisms in the galaxy negative or otherwise. So to their negative aspects as explained, they can also have more positive ones.

Khorne also represents martial pride and courage.

Tzeentch the search for  knowledge as well as the change affecting our lives.

Slaanesh arts and the quest for perfection. 

Nurgle the perseverance of living beings to continue existing. 

Always found it somewhat comforting along with the more classic explanations.

Slannesh represents parties so intense you bring down civilization. 

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
2 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Perhaps you need to change your avatar...

great horned rat.jpg

Funny story:  I've always wanted a Skaven collection but something always got in the way.

[ARGSY]
6,918 posts
26,905 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Funny story:  I've always wanted a Skaven collection but something always got in the way.

e8stRez.png

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I had a 15,000 pt. Skaven army. I was heartily sick of painting fur by the time I was done.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles

KPrvzHJ.jpg

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
2 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

I had a 15,000 pt. Skaven army. I was heartily sick of painting fur by the time I was done.

I ended up painting a lot of miniatures for other people.  This was one of the hurdles that kept me from collecting Skaven.  After painting units of 40 Plague Monks, 40 Clan Rants and 40 Slaves, I was pretty much spent.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
35 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Photoshop crashed earlier just as I was trying to save a graphic.  Big mood all day.

Not to worry got one of your possible photoshop needs already covered here. Well if you needed to Photoshop Lert that is...

0B9CE693-E633-4DF3-86F2-0BAFAD5F203A.thumb.jpeg.1dce8be8caec6fb907b4b54f0c16b1ea.jpeg

• Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,241 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not to worry got one of your possible photoshop needs already covered here. Well if you needed to Photoshop Lert that is...

0B9CE693-E633-4DF3-86F2-0BAFAD5F203A.thumb.jpeg.1dce8be8caec6fb907b4b54f0c16b1ea.jpeg

Darth @Lert ?

We’ll sic @ObiphanKenobi on him.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
56 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I ended up painting a lot of miniatures for other people.  This was one of the hurdles that kept me from collecting Skaven.  After painting units of 40 Plague Monks, 40 Clan Rants and 40 Slaves, I was pretty much spent.

Well, at least you weren't painting Brettonians, the army where no two figs are alike.

100_6439.JPG

100_6442.JPG

100_6445.JPG

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Well, at least you weren't painting Brettonians, the army where no two figs are alike.

I liked painting Bretonnians.  I got to channel my inner 6-year old self and squeal about ponies the entire time.

• Haha 1

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Go to youtube and search for LUETIN09 

My favourite Warhammer 40K related YouTube channel is Oculus Imperia.  It's not for initiates to the setting though -- it's the sort of deep dive only a lore-nut could love.  That all of his stuff is delivered in-character, as Terran Adept charged by the new Regent of Terra to try and compile a true history of the Imperium after his 10,000 year absence, just adds to its brilliance. 

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I liked painting Bretonnians.  I got to channel my inner 6-year old self and squeal about ponies the entire time.

The Blue Roan I did for a Knights Panther commander cost me much sanity to get the stippling just right.

[ARGSY]
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

I envy people that can paint such figures. I have neither the skill or the patience for this.

My wife makes stuff for Sims 4, I can never understand how she works with those 3D models and paint them, so that they look real, and this for up to 12 hours a day.

oRHVvoP.jpg

rRkyaQO.jpg

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts
17 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

100_6439.JPG

100_6442.JPG

100_6445.JPG

Dang. I'm not an enthusiast per se' but I certainly appreciate the fact you've done some beautiful work. You must be one myopic, arthritic, sumbeach after all that. Lol! I've done some fairly derailed plastic modeling and diorama's featuring tanks and planes but nothing this small and so finely detailed. Did you use the crazy alligator clamp tree thing and a magnifying glass or just pinch and squint for hours on end?

Edited by thebigblue

Sign in to follow this