You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Slow Down, WG!!!

44 comments in this topic

Members
817 posts
5,697 battles

I hate to say this but I feel WG needs to slow it down a bit. This game has been nothing but one continuous grind for the last few months. I'd love some fun content that isn't a grind. It's like we get directive after directive and they are jamming new ships down our throats left and right. 

Grind Euro DD's and camo missions: Check

Grind Nevsky: Check

Grind Soviet Directives: Check

Grind Petro after getting Riga in the directives: Check

Grind every Odin directive to date (for steel) : Check

Grind RP for Siegfried: In process 

Grind out campaign for the Euro captain: In process 

I'm getting pretty burnt out. Not complaining but I think that too much new content can be as much of a detriment as too little. Heck, where did fun game modes like Torpedo Beat go??????  We won't even be done Odin before they throw German CV's at us! Then they dangle that carrot of 40 steel a day in front of us. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
116 posts
1,464 battles

This, I wouldn't say no to a month of no Ranked, CB, Early Access, Directives and just regular solid gameplay in Randoms. I could finally grind out the Shinonome which I can't cause everything is time gated even though with generous time limits like the EU Captain Campaign and the Dockyard. I'm sure the developers could use a break too! Unfortunately, I feel like after the German CV line intorduction, there's another tech tree in the works to start a new early access campaign. It's a bit frustrating sometimes how much there actually is to do even if it's all pretty good stuff coming out.

Edited by LaviKabos

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,415 posts
15,895 battles

It is always a difficult balance. You can slow down though. You do not need to complete everything right away. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

Agree with OP. 

We don't need all this stuff in rapid fire -- let alone the actual overlapping we're getting now.  

Previous, current, and next patch pretty much have the limited time campaign for the Polish captain, the new Soviet cruisers, Dockyard 2.0, and German CVs, all going at once here, plus Ranked and Clan events.   And PTS every month.  It's just more than anyone needs and more than most players can handle. 

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Wargaming broke me.  My gamer brain likes to have goals to work towards.  I'm not opposed to grinding.  Hell, I'll play minecraft, spend an hour just placing blocks one after the other just to watch my castle get bigger.

But it was too much, too fast, and I burned out, and the light has switched off.  I took a break for a couple months and although I've started playing a little recently, I no longer give a crapabout the events and missions and dockyards and other limited time events I'm supposed to be going crazy for.  I'm no longer going to put in extra games to earn that special captain that will make my ship 2% better.  I'll play a little bit, when I feel like, on my own schedule.  Might be a game or two, might be zero.  And I'm done spending money.

• Cool 2

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,591 posts
19,651 battles

Yeah I remember when we were all begging for new ships and content.....now I just can't keep up!:Smile_amazed:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

I do wish that they would put some gaps in between the events but since they have removed them you as the player have to make your own but picking and choosing which events to go hard on and which ones you are going to take it easy and just get some of the intermediate rewards from.

[WMD]
Members
1,621 posts
9,759 battles
20 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I hate to say this but I feel WG needs to slow it down a bit. This game has been nothing but one continuous grind for the last few months. I'd love some fun content that isn't a grind. It's like we get directive after directive and they are jamming new ships down our throats left and right. 

I'm getting pretty burnt out. Not complaining but I think that too much new content can be as much of a detriment as too little. Heck, where did fun game modes like Torpedo Beat go??????  We won't even be done Odin before they throw German CV's at us! Then they dangle that carrot of 40 steel a day in front of us. 

Alternatively you could be an adult, and manage your own time. 

WG offers us options, you pick and choose what you want to do based on your time and enthusiasm. Do you complain when you go to a restaurant that you can't eat everything on the menu in one visit? 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles

Euro DD phase 2 was directive-free. There is that.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
19 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Agree with OP. 

We don't need all this stuff in rapid fire -- let alone the actual overlapping we're getting now.  

Previous, current, and next patch pretty much have the limited time campaign for the Polish captain, the new Soviet cruisers, Dockyard 2.0, and German CVs, all going at once here, plus Ranked and Clan events.   And PTS every month.  It's just more than anyone needs and more than most players can handle. 

Yeah maybe we do need to delay something like the arrival of any new CVs for a few months or years... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[KJHWK]
Banned
122 posts
32 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

You don't have to do these things, right?  I mean I haven't done any of them and I play untroubled by WG's directives or wishes.  You are putting yourself through this pain by conforming to WG's nonsense.  You don't need any of these paper ships to enjoy the game.  As you have learned the constant grind detracts from the game.  Remember the game you were first interested in?  You can still play for fun and ignore the silliness and ugly money-grubbing of the company. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

I mean, personally I'm just happy to have events worth doing. We had a streak of like 2-3 events with rewards so minor I just didn't play that month. It started in April, or maybe march.

I was looking forward to a space event, but all we got was a commander I didn't need and other minor rewards I could easily do without. Really, the only meaningful thing I missed out on was the coal I didn't get. :cap_haloween:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

The challenge of "just don't do it" is that many of these things have fairly exclusive payoffs, each of which has the potential to make the game more fun, make future events smoother (such as having ships to complete certain missions), expand our fleets, etc. 

"Just don't do it" sounds great in a vacuum, but tell that to people who don't have ships that haven't been otherwise available in years, in some cases.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
867 posts

These games are designed to suck your time and money.  For some people it is easy to say, no I don't want to do that one.  For others it's nearly impossible to slow down when a carrot is dangled in front of you.  It all boils down to self discipline.  Some are very good at it, other's, not so much.

Members
2,138 posts
13,251 battles
41 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I feel WG needs to slow it down a bit.

The fire hose of marketing started in the Spring of 2019.. since then it has been multiple overlapping grinds.. one right after another...

BURN OUT... 

I don;t even bother anymore.. if it happen automatically, or there isn't to much effort, I get what ever the carrot is... but there has also been a sharp decline int he value of said carrots.. so yeah...

this is, in my opinion, a game for the new player now... old players tend to just get tired of WG, so WG has to move on to the new...

Members
2,138 posts
13,251 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

It all boils down to self discipline.

It all boils down to WG not understanding their customers, in my opinion...

• Cool 2

Members
3,759 posts
23,331 battles
54 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

A number of us complained when they started having ranked battles start before clan battles were over. I quickly pointed out the burnout factor.

WG's response - spreadsheet says players want more content faster. Which is short for we don't give two chits what the players actually want as long as we can push content that increases the bank accounts.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Euro DD phase 2 was directive-free. There is that.

No directives but it was still designed to get people to grind and even spend money.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
15 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

These games are designed to suck your time and money.  For some people it is easy to say, no I don't want to do that one.  For others it's nearly impossible to slow down when a carrot is dangled in front of you.  It all boils down to self discipline.  Some are very good at it, other's, not so much.

At the Start of the game I had set up parameters for what I would be using, so if it’s not one of the nations I use or perhaps simply not to my taste in some other way I don’t use them. Which excludes anything that is not Japanese, American, German, British, Italian, and French. Although I did Free XP up to Yueyang because it was needed for Clan Battles at the time and I was curious about DWT. 

Simply by cutting out most of the CVs, the entire Russian nation, and not using the EU DDs I have saved a lot of time. Also not doing most CAs lines and only using the IJN, German, and USN Heavy CAs lines have all contributed to saving a lot of grind time. So picking and choosing does have its benefits as far as enjoying the game.

My most dedicated grind at the moment is for Armory ships while continuing work on Des Moines, Haragumo, Hakuryu, and Conqueror lines at nice leisurely pace.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
54 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Yeah I remember when we were all begging for new ships and content.....now I just can't keep up!:Smile_amazed:

no one ever said new ships................................................................just new content

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,184 battles
55 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Alternatively you could be an adult, and manage your own time. 

WG offers us options, you pick and choose what you want to do based on your time and enthusiasm. Do you complain when you go to a restaurant that you can't eat everything on the menu in one visit? 

This ^^^^^ +1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,263 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

The problem is that if they didnt have new ships every month people would complain about a lack of content.  The great thing about the game is that you don't have to grind every ship line.  Pick the ones you like and grind at your own pace.

• Cool 1