You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

Theorycraft: TX 1v1 Ranked...what would you choose?

17 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
2,477 posts
15,285 battles

So we had a T8 1v1 ranked, and despite worries that CVs would rule, it was the T8 BBs that seemed to be the kings of the seas.  Tirpitz and Mass seemed extremely strong against basically anything, while the CVs seemed to struggle.

If this same format was applied to a Tier 10 Ranked Sprint, with the same restrictions (no type matching, smaller maps, etc)...what do you think the best T10 would be to get the highest success rate?

I would think something like Hindenberg would be good.  Republique maybe with its fast firing guns.  GK and Ohio to let the secondaries handle the baby boats.

What are your thoughts?

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles
18 minutes ago, Spyde said:

CV.  T10 CV power level is higher than T8 by far.

The nature of 1v1 was that you had to get into the cap and contest it or you would lose on points in short order. T10 CV can't slug it out on the surface. 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,164 battles

Richtofen, full secondary spec.

FDG hull armor, with accurate fast firing secondaries with 32mm pen, possible stealth firing, or very close to it...plus airplanes to add to that.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
583 posts
13,165 battles

Minotaur could be decent. It could take on DD, defend against CV and stealth torp BBs. The only thing it would struggle with is some cruisers.

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

T10 CV can't slug it out on the surface. 

Full secondary spec Midway or Red Baron might make you eat your words.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles

If there's a cap, would a Stalin be good? RDR, Power.

No Cap, Halland handsdown.

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,919 battles
5 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

If there's a cap, would a Stalin be good? RDR, Power.

No Cap, Halland handsdown.

No cap I'd take my Marceau 😉

[--K--]
Supertester
1,577 posts
15,266 battles

I only played one CV in Bismarck/Tirpitz. Never got to fire a shot at it. Too much island cover for it to use. 

Talked to guy afterwards, he was 17-0 at that point, finished with 1 loss. 

Conquerer would be extremely annoying to deal with 1v1.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Kleber.  Crazy speed, good torp firing angles, crazy fast torps, good guns (at least while the reload boost is up).

There are ways for good players to handle it, but my T8 1v1 ranked experience showed me that maybe 5% of players are good enough to figure out how to handle a 50 knot DD charging them.  

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,494 battles
25 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I only played one CV in Bismarck/Tirpitz. Never got to fire a shot at it. Too much island cover for it to use. 

Talked to guy afterwards, he was 17-0 at that point, finished with 1 loss. 

Conquerer would be extremely annoying to deal with 1v1.

I played a lot of Atago and wrecked every CV or DD (lost 1 DD match to a Fantisque, very good player in it)  I played against, and did very well against most BBs. (lost maybe 2-3 matches)  Only time I lost to a CV was the first time I played one in the Trip...and I did get some shots off.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,807 posts
12,801 battles

Charging Shim... with TA F3s.. good night.  If you don't kill them.   I wouldn't bother with this format.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,494 battles

At T10 I am taking the Repub.  You can hang with any BB, waste any CA, and do very well against any DD.  CV might worry me a bit, but Repub has speed to find that CV.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
5,370 battles

Marceau, it has enough DPM to outmatch any DD it comes across, enough torps to Yolo any CA and BB, and decent AA for CVs. 

Or maybe that new German CV, although it depends on how good it's secondaries are. 

[DVYJC]
Members
4,189 posts
10,784 battles

I expect French DDs would be strong. The Tier VIII Ranked Sprint 1 v 1 was one of my best seasons, I think I had a 68% win rate in Le Fantasque (overall rate dragged down a bit by derping around in a few other ships). When facing a CV, just hit W and then as soon as you are spotted, hit speed boost and YOLO the carrier. Worked every time but once for me against battleships as well. Only a few cruisers were any trouble, and it was not a cruiser meta. Destroyers came down to who was the better skipper.