You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WutDaRut

Clan Brawl 11 on July 4th - Not fair to Americans

26 comments in this topic

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles

As an American I find it very frustrating that you have Clan Brawls take place on the 4th of July. This is a holiday where many Americans will be outside, having a BBQ, drinking, and watching fireworks.

This is extremely poor planning on Wargaming's part, unless the goal was to make a large portion of the NA player base unavailable.

Edited by WutDaRut
typo
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

Members
668 posts
20 battles

Something tells me that they didn't really take into consideration what some of the residents of one of the many countries that play the game would be doing outside the game when they scheduled their fairly routine Saturday night clan brawl.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles

I just laugh and move on. A Russian company making the event on July 4th is just a small poke at ya so don't worry about it lol.

• Funny 3

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles

When you have a global presence you have people who are hired to research these type of things. The game is about naval warships, a lot of it based on historical facts, a lot of it based on paper napkins, the US has its own tech tree (obviously), there is a NA server...there is NO WAY this slipped their mind.

May the salt be with you.

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles
3 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I just laugh and move on. A Russian company making the event on July 4th is just a small poke at ya so don't worry about it lol.

Heh you are probably right about it.

[TDRB]
Members
5,329 posts
13,743 battles

1st, this is game is played globally, not limited to the USA.

2nd, WG does strange things.

3rd, is it rally something to fret about?

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

1st, this is game is played globally, not limited to the USA.

2nd, WG does strange things.

3rd, is it rally something to fret about?

1. I agree...and if they had an event on a holiday where another large portion of their player base resided they should be equally annoyed too.

2. I agree

3. Well I am part of a salty clan (have to live up to the name), and if no one says anything then this could become the norm for others. Always a fan of speaking up.

Cheers.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,150 posts
4,345 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Something tells me that they didn't really take into consideration what some of the residents of one of the many countries that play the game would be doing outside the game when they scheduled their fairly routine Saturday night clan brawl.

I'm guessing this, it just didn't occur to them that this particular Saturday night might be different. But yeah, pretty much everyone on NA has other plans that day.

If anything, it highlights the way departments don't talk to one another. There's always a HUGE sale for this weekend, so clearly someone at WG knows this is a major holiday. But they also appear not to have mentioned this to whoever schedules CBs.

And judging from the number of red names watching this thread, it appears notice has been taken.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

And judging from the number of red names watching this thread, it appears notice has been taken.

:Smile_hiding:

Edit:  I agree.  This is pretty tame as forum threads go, and does present the issue clearly.

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,223 posts

Just another good reason that brawls should be over a weekend not just a single night.

• Cool 1

[DRY]
Members
202 posts
8,847 battles

Forgoing my right as a red-blooded, born and bred citizen of the United States to be entitled and whine like a child when anything inconveniences me in the slightest; who cares that this one is on the 4th? Oh well, you miss one.

That said, I doubt I'm the only one who will probably never seriously participate in clan events or even join a more serious clan because I'm just not going to commit some of the best time slots in my week to gaming. I mean, I might game in those time slots... But I'm not committing to it. What's with this, anyway? Are they trying to keep numbers down?

Edited by ProfessorLumpy
  • Haha 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

On the other hand, Americans are more likely to be off work that day, and able to get up early or stay up late.  

I'm an American, I'm not offended, and you don't get to be offended for me. 

• Meh 1

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

On the other hand, Americans are more likely to be off work that day, and able to get up early or stay up late.  

I'm an American, I'm not offended, and you don't get to be offended for me. 

I'm not offended, and don't get offended.

Many holidays coincide with people being off - which on paper sounds like a good idea to run an event on a day where people are off. The thing with the 4th is though, is that people are usually active outdoors.

Perhaps this is why a Russian company wouldn't think that much into it.

• Meh 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,806 battles

Profit will still be be made, be it by vendors in BBQ, drinks, and fireworks-and by WG.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,175 battles

Could of been solved with a simple Google search but oh well. It's not a big deal tbh. There's only a few na clans that take cb brawl seriously outside of the resource grind. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,846 posts
15,122 battles
1 hour ago, WutDaRut said:

As an American I find it very frustrating that you have Clan Brawls take place on the 4th of July. This is a holiday where many Americans will be outside, having a BBQ, drinking, and watching fireworks.

which part of the US are you in?

everything is canceled here.

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

which part of the US are you in?

everything is canceled here.

I live in Georgia.

Not planning on going to any large events, but I plan to be outside by the pool with the wife and some neighbors for a good BBQ and beers.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,709 battles

Folks,

If I am spending more time moderating than I am trying to read a conversation because there are too many personal attacks or attacks towards peoples nation of origin, there is a problem.

Follow the forum rules and keep your personal opinions about various nations OUT of a conversation.

-Hapa

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,816 posts
12,832 battles

Risky business doing anything.  Wear a mask!

[-SBS-]
Members
13 posts
5,601 battles
28 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

If I am spending more time moderating than I am trying to read a conversation because there are too many personal attacks or attacks towards peoples nation of origin, there is a problem.

Follow the forum rules and keep your personal opinions about various nations OUT of a conversation.

-Hapa

Thanks. Was just making an observation from me and my clan mates point of view (who reside in US), so that perhaps WG will take it into consideration some day - obviously too short notice for this case. Didn't intend, or want, to rile up folks from other countries.

Wish everyone the best.

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,351 posts
13,340 battles

With COVID lighting off the way it is in the states, any reasonable excuse to get people inside is a good thing.  I have it right now, and it's not fun.

[HINON]
Members
9,010 posts
13,176 battles

who cares? this game wont be worth playing in about a year or so if WG keeps doing things the way they have been recently

• Meh 1