Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1SneakyDevil

Dockyard - Stage 10

7 comments in this topic

Members
3,757 posts
23,311 battles

I you already own the Graf Spee when you claim the Stage 10 rewards in the dockyard it could cause your existing captain in the ship to be reassigned.

Happened to me yesterday and I had to contact support to find out what happened. Apparently my captain in the Spee had a specialization of Dresden so it sent him to the reserve even though he had more captain skill points than the 10 pt captain you are awarded.

Pretty stupid of WG to code it to bump the existing captain to the reserve.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

It's probably the non-Graf Spee specialty.   I didn't have a captain on my Graf Spee, so I can't compare notes.  In general, there should never be anything that bumps captains off existing ships or automatically reassigns them to other ships or changes their specialty -- sadly this happened in the USN cruiser split, even if you had taken captains off the ships, it reassigned them all over the place based on their specialty in ships that had been changed around.  

In the future, check the Reserve before getting too worried.   

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

Yeah Mine was bumped to reserve as well. 

I had Reinhard Von Jutland in her and when I went to look he's been bumped to the reserve.  

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles

I've won the Warspite a couple of times since buying her. In both cases, I'm pretty sure my captain got bumped. 

How many points is the giveaway captain, BTW? I didn't look because I usually don't care; for me, premiums are almost exclusively for putting existing captains in. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I've won the Warspite a couple of times since buying her. In both cases, I'm pretty sure my captain got bumped. 

How many points is the giveaway captain, BTW? I didn't look because I usually don't care; for me, premiums are almost exclusively for putting existing captains in. 

[F4E]
Members
283 posts
7,077 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The captain you get with the Graf Spee is a 10-pointer.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
19 minutes ago, MN_Nice said:

The captain you get with the Graf Spee is a 10-pointer.

Excellent. 

Given what's coming up next, it'll be useful to have a spare 10 pointer I can make a carrier captain without having to respec him as well as retraining. Going to sit on my hands until I see what the best builds for the German CVs work out to be.

Sign in to follow this