You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Keep which 2 of 3? - Udaloi, Grozovoi or Khaba

24 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles

Just finishing up the RU DD line... wondering about how the tier 10s stand up these days. Which 2 of 3 should I keep? The Udaloi, Grozovoi or Khaba?

And to have a bit of a rant about the Tashkent - I'm definitely not keeping her. What a POS she is. Good AA, but big deal - not nearly as good as Uda who has Def AA consumable. Not enough gun range, torps that can barely 8km (if Max'ed out) reach beyond the huge spotting range, and don't do any more dmg than the Uda's 10km torps. No heals at all, 3k more HP and slightly smaller profile - but that's not enough. And one more smoke & engine boost then the Uda, like it matters. 

Members
580 posts
7,375 battles
Just now, TheArc said:

Just finishing up the RU DD line... wondering about how the tier 10s stand up these days. Which 2 of 3 should I keep? The Udaloi, Grozovoi or Khaba?

And to have a bit of a rant about the Tashkent - I'm definitely not keeping her. What a POS she is. Good AA, but big deal - not nearly as good as Uda who has Def AA consumable. Not enough gun range, torps that can barely 8km (if Max'ed out) reach beyond the huge spotting range, and don't do any more dmg than the Uda's 10km torps. No heals at all, 3k more HP and slightly smaller profile - but that's not enough. And one more smoke & engine boost then the Uda, like it matters. 

Rumor is khaba might become a special ship like moskva?

[-N-]
Members
263 posts
15,717 battles

Keep Khaba and Groz. Two T10s mean you have two supercontainers during the Birthday event and 2 santa crates during Christmas.

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,726 battles
8 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I do not like Groz personally. I cannot do a thing with it.   

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles

The T10 you ditch becomes the Snowflake/Anniversary supercontainer you didn't get which could have given you the forbidden ship you always wanted.

Getting it back when you find later on that you need it at short notice could be a difficult proposition unless you have spare port slots and plenty of credits.

1 hour ago, MinkeWhale said:

Oh God, please not another speed grind! :cap_fainting:

At least this time I'd be starting from fully researched Tier 8 rather than just researched T7 B hull! Time to start doing the math, I guess.

ETA: The Math (all figures from the Wiki).

IIRC I have about 40,000 XP on the Kiev right now, after researching all the B modules. It's another 120,000 for me to get to Tashkent.

Once there, the Tashkent B hull is 40,000 XP and unlocking Khaba is another 226,000.

All up, that's a 386,000 XP grind, plus a total of 32 million credits for both stock hulls. 

If WG does a Moskva job on the Khaba, I'll be holding off until I know exactly what they're giving and under what circumstances. If it's the same as for Moskva - i.e. merely having tech-tree Khaba researched would put "Special" Khaba in your port on the day of the change - I'd be very tempted to grind as far as unlocking Tashkent and then FXP the rest. Hell, even totally FXPing it from where I am now would be worthwhile. That much FXP is very close to what our only FXP T7 ship is worth, and we know now what they normally charge for FXP at Tier 10. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-K-]
Members
8,340 posts
14,112 battles
10 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Thing is, like it or not, Tashkent as an overall package is arguably better than Khabarovsk these days.

If I were to pick two of three, I'd pick Udaloi and Grozovoi from a performance standpoint.  However, maybe consider keeping Khab just in case she is removed and becomes a special ship like Moskva.

9 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

I'd almost bet on it.  

Khabarovsk has been power-crept so hard and is quite a different animal than the rest of the line playstyle-wise.  Whereas the other high tier RU DDs are fairly nimble and have somewhat usable torpedoes, Khabarovsk is basically a one trick pony that handles like a brick and is susceptible to eating full battleship penetrations.

My money is that the new R-10 design (https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/supertest-soviet-freemium-tier-x-destroyer-r-10/) will replace Khabarovsk at T10 in the gunboat branch for a more fluid transition up at the high tiers of the line.  Poor Khab will likely receive some kind of buffs to make her more competitive and appropriate as a special ship.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,733 posts

Keep them for the coal/steel/whatever flakes, and for the possible replacement/shuffle that's rumored. 

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,835 battles

What SHOULD you do?

You should keep all three.

You should also get back your Tashkent.

You should learn how to play each of them as they each are dangerous in capable hands.

People, it is not the ships.  There are darn few 'bad' ships out there and none of the four mentioned here are in that category.  The problem is people do not learn the ships and try to play them how they play other ships.  Each bloody ship is different and each takes a bit of 'tuning in' by the captain driving her.  The ship is fine.  The captain is the one that is lacking 95%+ of the time.

Time in the ship, boys, time in the ship.  

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles

Thanks for the feedback folks.  

13 minutes ago, Sabene said:

You should keep all three. You should learn how to play each of them as they each are dangerous in capable hands.

You must like the "work/grind" aspects of this game more than I do. And that's all good, but not for me. You go enjoy it! :)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,135 posts
18,987 battles
1 hour ago, MinkeWhale said:

Do you have any source on that whatsoever?

As for the OP's question, Grozovoi > Udaloi > Khabarovsk.

[META_]
Members
1,230 posts
16,066 battles

I Play dds a lot and khabarovsk is my only tier 10 dd loser... I'm not saying she can't and doesn't win just you don't have the dpm as high as many other dds or other attributes lower dpm dds use to win. I make wows ship guides @ Meta_man2002 check them out, happy hunting Captain 😎 

[TBW]
Members
10,287 posts
17,483 battles

I keep all ships, so I wouldn't be the one to offer advice, however, my advice is to keep them all.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
580 posts
7,375 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Do you have any source on that whatsoever?

As for the OP's question, Grozovoi > Udaloi > Khabarovsk.

Absolutely not. What source could I offer that would make it more than a speculative rumor and not official?

Sorry for expanding the conversation with this speculation.

OP I would go Udaloi > groz > khana.

Udaloi is a rare good t9, and should see less cvs. T9 matches are more fun.

Edited by MinkeWhale

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,135 posts
18,987 battles
1 minute ago, MinkeWhale said:

Absolutely not. What source could I offer that would make it more than a speculative rumor and not official?

Datamined ships, leaked stats, things like that. Something being in the pipeline. Separate, reliable CCs mentioning something would also be - ... well, more reliable than these rumors.

Members
580 posts
7,375 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Datamined ships, leaked stats, things like that. Something being in the pipeline. Separate, reliable CCs mentioning something would also be - ... well, more reliable than these rumors.

Flamu. Just did a khaba video a few days ago, said there is a more Tashkent like t10 in the potential pipeline. He said it could make sense that it will be a moskva like move. But again I don't consider that more than a rumor.

Edited by MinkeWhale

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,135 posts
18,987 battles
1 minute ago, MinkeWhale said:

Flamu. Just did a khaba video a few days ago, said there is a more Tashkent like t10 in the potential pipeline. He said it could make sense that it will be a moskva like move. But again I don't consider that more than a rumor.

Same here. I do consider Flamu a reliable source, but it's the use of the word 'potential' and the lack of news from other CCs that make me think it's just speculation.

Oh well. I have Khaba and she's not in the way so I'm not selling her. We'll see what happens.

Members
580 posts
7,375 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

Same here. I do consider Flamu a reliable source, but it's the use of the word 'potential' and the lack of news from other CCs that make me think it's just speculation.

Oh well. I have Khaba and she's not in the way so I'm not selling her. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, I just have khaba collecting dust/snowflakes. 

Didn't you find it strange that they buffed udaloi but left khaba alone on that patch? 

Edited by MinkeWhale

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,835 battles
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

You must like the "work/grind" aspects of this game more than I do. And that's all good, but not for me. You go enjoy it! :)

Nope.  There is no 'work' to this game because if there were....why would any sane person play?

What DOES happen is people put pressure on themselves.  They want to get to the end.  They want the OP ships they have heard about.  They want to be 'at the top'.

Well, cutting corners may get you to the end ships but that doesn't mean you are all that good in them.  We have all seen people with tier ten ships play poorly.  They raced to top tier but didn't really learn the ships along the way.

Don't confuse work with being proficient.  

Race to the end.  Have at it.  Berate ships you can't master quickly.  Have at it.  Feel pressure to 'win'.  Have at it.  Get frustrated because you don't want to spend the time.  Have at it.

Makes no difference to me.   :-)

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,835 battles

Odds are, should you sell any of those ships...you will want it/them back later.  And buying back a ship is a huge detriment to your credits stockpile.

Tiers 1-4....unless you love them sell them

Tiers 5-10...best to keep them as they pop up on missions or have needed battle characteristics or are good to have for birthday/snowflake times.

Just sayin'.

You do as you wish.

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles
15 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Nope.  There is no 'work' to this game because if there were....why would any sane person play?

That's how I like to play it too - I do my utmost to not ever feel like I'm in a "grind" in the game. And the Tashkent has definitely been the kind of crap ship IMO that it just is a poor comparison to every other one. So I have no interest in putting in the time/effort to learn it, for me, that would feel like learning to crawl faster when I already walk. So that's where we differ on the value of keeping it and learning it. 

7 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Odds are, should you sell any of those ships...you will want it/them back later.  And buying back a ship is a huge detriment to your credits stockpile.

Hrm, you and I differ on that - though it might depend on how much you play your premiums vs how much I do. I almost always keep the 10s, though I actually don't play them all that often. However, that might change as these two are actually the last 10s I wanted to work towards. I still don't have the JP or UK tier 10 CVs (I got rid of the JP one during the initial refund offer when they released the CV 8.0 patch.) But as I just find CVs pretty boring I don't play them.

Anyway, I literally have every other tier 10. And with the 3 new premiums just released - Sieg, Agir & Odin (which I'll earn out either today or tomorrow in the dockyard,) I'm set for new and interesting ships for a while (and a growing 47M credits.) So selling whatever ships isn't a big deal... but I play more than most folks - and play my premiums more than most folks... so credits aren't ever any real "grind" for me, credit concern is definitely never "huge" in any way.

Edited by TheArc

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Sabene said:

Well, cutting corners may get you to the end ships but that doesn't mean you are all that good in them. 

With respect to Moskva - guilty. But there was no way on earth I was going to miss out on the opportunity the RU cruiser split offered to get a Tier 10 coal special for the price of a tech-tree XP grind. Without that, I'd probably never have got past the Shchors. However, the grind got me a Kraken in the Donskoi, so I can't complain.

However, now I get to go back down to Shchors and relearn the RU cruiser game at mid tier (to get Tallinn). Plus I'd already had Salem and Minotaur for quite a while before getting Moskva, so at least I was no stranger to Tier 10.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,835 battles

Anyway, I literally have every other tier 10. And with the 3 new premiums just released - Sieg, Agir & Odin (which I'll earn out either today or tomorrow in the dockyard,)

Ahh, I see where we differ.  You throw money at this game.  Clearly you paid the 8k gold to get the head start on the Odin so you could have it two weeks before most people.

Me, I spend little beyond buying premium time.  And even then I earn time and gold in game through Clan Battles, Ranked Battles, special missions, etc.  Sitting on 480 days of premium, just a tad under 10k gold, 740M credits, 55k steel and little interest in spending .  200 ships in my port -- way more than I can play so the attraction of the latest and greatest is, umm, muted.

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,835 battles

@TheArc Your WR in the Tashkent may not be where you would like but your personal rating is very respectable.  Given the few battles you have had in the ship an educated observer might suggest that you just had some poor teams for your Tash ...

Would be a shame to see you give up on the ol' gal.

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles
26 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Ahh, I see where we differ.  You throw money at this game.  Clearly you paid the 8k gold to get the head start on the Odin so you could have it two weeks before most people.

Me, I spend little beyond buying premium time.  And even then I earn time and gold in game through Clan Battles, Ranked Battles, special missions, etc.  Sitting on 480 days of premium, just a tad under 10k gold, 740M credits, 55k steel and little interest in spending .  200 ships in my port -- way more than I can play so the attraction of the latest and greatest is, umm, muted.

Yeah, I spend a bit. Nothing like I did the first year or so. As to the Odin, I bought the 8K because I really was glad to finally see some good heavy cruisers in the game and I wanted to be sure I'd get the Odin without having to actually pay attn to whatever the directives were. Plus I figured for another 4.5K (or was it 5.5K) it wasn't a biggie. As to Clan & Ranked, etc. I tend to fall asleep just when CB is going (I'm 50 and am usually up around 5AM for no good reason, and crashing around 10PM... it is just what it is.) I bought a year of prem this Xmas, and it seems like with the ways to earn it that that it'll never run out... I'm at 324 ;) 

I'm ok with spending a bit on the game since it is still a cheap hobby relatively speaking. Over the holidays with the PR mess (and yah I put down 2 boosters for that POS...) I was informed I'm not nearly a whale, which is fine with me. It boggles my mind the money some folks spend on games (see Star Citizen,) but hey, I figure up to $50 a month is all good, as long as WG earns it without doing super stupid stuff and I'm having fun.

Note: Releasing subs at all tiers into random battles in their current version (w/o any way for 1/2 the ships to actually fight them,) would definitely fall under "really stupid stuff" IMO ;)

17 minutes ago, Sabene said:

@TheArc Your WR in the Tashkent may not be where you would like but your personal rating is very respectable.  Given the few battles you have had in the ship an educated observer might suggest that you just had some poor teams for your Tash ... Would be a shame to see you give up on the ol' gal.

You're much more of a collector than I am, I only have 78 in port to your 200, so I'm not nearly as attached to them as you are. As to my PR, I only play for the win... if that ends up giving me a decent PR than fine, but I just don't like the ship, especially when compared to the other DD at 9. PR wise, I've definitely learned that some ships I do well in just aren't that much fun for me. And some ships that are fun I don't have a great PR in. Anyway, tnx for the input. o7