Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Players Blinded By Dockyard Missions Lose Sight

18 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,840 posts
22,716 battles

I have no problem with any kind event be it Dockyard or a new line that gets a ship or anything else for that matter but people are getting blinded by these events and missions and are blowing games because WHY ?

Got to get one more CAP.

Got to sink one more SHIP 

Need to 5 Torpedo HITS

Need three more FIRES 

Need three more DEFENSIVE FLAGS

And the list goes on, have played 3 games so far tonight and should have won all three had the lead had the ship numbers and had the cap lead but NO as usual players just couldn't be satisfied with keeping a firm grip on the game and just taking the win, the suicide mentality kicked in and they had go that extra km and get themselves killed one by one.

So its 2 down and 1 up so far tonight.

Sure maybe they opposition just rallied possible but from where I was it look like the blood went some peoples head that was it.

I had 2 missions to do in Dockyard 2 / 3 that I thought I would not be able accomplish so I didn't even try and focused on just winning and low behold at the end of the respective matches over the last week or so I looked at my mission chart and found I finished them.

So just play the game to win and the pieces fall in place.

Enough with the LEEROY JENKINS and just keep winning your games.

Otherwise you can always play this game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[O_O]
Members
6,426 posts
15,262 battles

I'm accomplishing most of those tasks in Co-op, because I can focus on those goals, the games are faster, and the win is 98% assured, anyway.

If I need defense ribbons, I camp outside the cap, wait until a bot goes into the cap, and then farm away.  Well, for as long as I can until my team mates destroy most of the bots and the game ends within 5 minutes.  As I said, the win is virtually assured, anyway.

Many players who are attempting to accomplish these tasks in Randoms are probably doing it because they also need credits and XP for tasks, so they are trying to knock tasks out concurrently.  Here is where I agree with you...I believe players should work on the YOLO tasks in Co-op because those efforts, successful or not, probably won't affect the other players who want the win.  Once those tasks are either complete or close to complete, I can go into Randoms and play as I normally would to work on credits, XP, and cleaning up the bits of those other tasks.  At that point I want to play well and win, because that helps with my credit and XP earnings.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,972 posts
14,258 battles

I do all the combat-related tasks in co-op FIRST.

If I've still got economic tasks left at the end of that, THEN I go to Randoms because I know what I want to do is going to happen anyway if I put in my best effort.

The problem you've got, OP, is people who are so flush with false pride they won't let themselves touch PVE.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,618 posts
11,245 battles

Actually, I thought they got this one right. In the past I've definitely had some frustration with the weird Mission parameters that WG puts out there for the way it encourages people to do things that are counter to winning the match too often.

However, I haven't felt that way with this dockyard at all, the only exception was the mission to get spotting damage, which I misread and thought was 150k shooting, but was only a 105. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Well some missions coincide with good play. Like if you need to set X amount of fires then use a notorious fire starting ship that you know you are good at and breeze through them with normal gameplay.

Or the torps / fires set in IJN DD mission this week I went ok I need to grind a bit more XP for Akizuki anyway so guess I will use Shiratsuyu to make some progress. And the results were good as I added another 13 Torp hit / fire ribbons to the total, good play keeps you alive and keeps you racking up additional of what ever you need.

[POP]
Members
2,840 posts
22,716 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I do all the combat-related tasks in co-op FIRST.

If I've still got economic tasks left at the end of that, THEN I go to Randoms because I know what I want to do is going to happen anyway if I put in my best effort.

The problem you've got, OP, is people who are so flush with false pride they won't let themselves touch PVE.

Actually I play a lot of Coop these days but I felt like starting ball rolling in random for a change, I'm a big advocate of Coop but I still like playing randoms, I'm not out to pad my stats or anything.

Winning is not everything but throwing a certain victory by players having a rush of blood ruins the fun for the rest of the team.

cheers

[POP]
Members
2,840 posts
22,716 battles

Its not like the missions have to be done in a insane amount of short time that you have take unnecessary risks. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,972 posts
14,258 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

Winning is not everything but throwing a certain victory by players having a rush of blood ruins the fun for the rest of the team.

Amen.

As toxic as this is when it happens, it's much less toxic than the Indianapolis Marathon was. 

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

WG should stay away from the missions that require Destroyed ribbons.  Every time we get one of these it brings out the worst in people.  Now we have the PvP regulars in PvE with some really nasty attitudes bringing down the whole experience.  They come into coop not knowing that you need to yolo, then the salt begins.  People are too worried about completing all 71 kills or even the entire directive within a hours of its release.

Edited by Rustyhole

[POP]
Members
2,840 posts
22,716 battles

I thought Benham was a nightmare myself that last round was a killer.

Edited by tm63au

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
57 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I have no problem with any kind event be it Dockyard or a new line that gets a ship or anything else for that matter but people are getting blinded by these events and missions and are blowing games because WHY ?

Got to get one more CAP.

Got to sink one more SHIP 

Need to 5 Torpedo HITS

Need three more FIRES 

Need three more DEFENSIVE FLAGS

And the list goes on, have played 3 games so far tonight and should have won all three had the lead had the ship numbers and had the cap lead but NO as usual players just couldn't be satisfied with keeping a firm grip on the game and just taking the win, the suicide mentality kicked in and they had go that extra km and get themselves killed one by one.

So its 2 down and 1 up so far tonight.

Sure maybe they opposition just rallied possible but from where I was it look like the blood went some peoples head that was it.

I had 2 missions to do in Dockyard 2 / 3 that I thought I would not be able accomplish so I didn't even try and focused on just winning and low behold at the end of the respective matches over the last week or so I looked at my mission chart and found I finished them.

So just play the game to win and the pieces fall in place.

Enough with the LEEROY JENKINS and just keep winning your games.

Otherwise you can always play this game.

The problem isnt on missions, but on players... They could do some of those missions on coop... (as i did)

[WOLFG]
Members
9,546 posts
8,473 battles

Maybe it wasn't the directive missions.

Leeroy Jenkins wasn't completing some directive when he went Leeroy Jenkins.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

I never pay attention to missions, I learned thousands of games ago you will lose or make stupid moves doing that than just letting them come naturally.

Problem is the OP is correct and that is part of the problem with the game. It has become one mission after another and the reward for it is making people do stupid things which hurts the teams and game.... Its the guy holding a dollar in front of you on a string, you hurt yourself trying to get it. OH YOU ALMOST GOT IT

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,084 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Personally, I have no problem with PvE other than the fact I find it boring and unrewarding.  It has nothing to do with pride from my standpoint.

Nothing against others that partake in it, however.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,972 posts
14,258 battles
49 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

It has become one mission after another and the reward for it is making people do stupid things

The reward for it is making STUPID, THOUGHTLESS, SELFISH people do the same stupid, thoughtless, selfish things they always do.

Intelligent people do these missions in such a way as to not screw it up for others.

Please lay blame where blame is due.

• Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,943 battles

unknown.thumb.png.a91678b34c904d2cd7ca17676b278db8.png

I had a lot of fun doing the kill/cap missions in coop.

Frankly, I think this Odinevent is excellent. Accessible, not overly difficult, and well-organized.

Sign in to follow this