You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Titus_Pullo_13

I'm missing something. How does the XP add up it purchase ships?

42 comments in this topic

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles

I've noticed that something didn't add up before but it didn't bother researching till now

Research for the Buffalo is 165,000 XP1.PNG.2e63411eaf1809e1eecfc0b972b2434d.PNG4.PNG.20309bb2f124978576095f7b00031045.PNG

I have 34, 623 XP plus 16,000 Elite Commander XP for a total of 50,623 total XP2.PNG3.PNG

Yet it says I need 22, 823 XP to purchase the Buff. 
4.PNG.20309bb2f124978576095f7b00031045.PNG
If you add my XP and Elite XP I should need 114,377 to research and purchase the Buff. 

Why do I only need 22, 823? Where is the additional XP coming from and where is it listed? 

Thanks

Edited by FranklinjVI
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Members
4,360 posts
11,269 battles

Elite commander xp isn't used for researching ships, only for leveling or reassigning/retraining commanders. Ship xp (the white number/silver star on a ship) is what you use to unlock the next ship in the tree, and free xp (the yellowish green number by the gold star n the second picture) is what's used when you don't have enough ship xp. If you go to your Baltimore, you should have 107,494 xp on it, which is used to unlock the next ship in the tree (Buffalo in this case).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles
2 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

The rest of the EXP is, if I had to guess, on your Balti.

:Smile_facepalm:

:SerB:

But I will still have Balti.. its not like I'm trading it in?

Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles
Just now, FranklinjVI said:

But I will still have Balti.. its not like I'm trading it in?

You won't be trading it. 

:SerB:

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles
3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Elite commander xp isn't used for researching ships. Ship xp (the white number/silver star on a ship) is what you use to unlock the next ship in the tree, and free xp (the yellowish green number by the gold star n the second picture) is what's used when you don't have enough ship xp. If you go to your Baltimore, you should have 107,494 xp on it, which is used to unlock the next ship in the tree (Buffalo in this case).

Thats the answer... so I run the Balti more to get the Buff faster and add Free XP wit Ship XP?

I thought elite commander could be used as free XP. Thannks!

Members
4,360 posts
11,269 battles
14 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

Thats the answer... so I run the Balti more to get the Buff faster and add Free XP wit Ship XP?

Yes, you play the Baltimore to earn xp and you can combine that ship xp with free xp (even though I personally recommend saving your free xp for free xp ships rather than using it to research tech tree ships) once you have enough to total 165k between the two of them.

Elite commander xp can be converted to free xp just like ship xp can (at a rate of 25 ECXP for 1 doubloon to 25 FXP), but like converting ship xp it's not worth it to spend real world money on it. And I'd even say it's worth less than converting elite ship xp, since elite commander xp is always useful for upgrading other captains or speeding up the retraining process if you move one to a different tech tree ship, whereas elite ship xp just sits there on the ship and does nothing once you've unlocked the next ship(s) it leads to. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,043 posts
13,308 battles
19 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

Only for captains, not for ships...unless you pay money/doubloons to convert it to Free XP. Don't be that guy.

• Thanks 1

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Only for captains, not for ships...unless you pay money/doubloons to convert it to Free XP. Don't be that guy.

Yeah... thats a crazy scam.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles
28 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

thats a crazy scam.

How is that a scam?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,635 posts
4,997 battles
57 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

You really should not use FXP to unlock ships faster.  Use FXP to research upgraded modules on new ships or save it to buy FXP ships such as Alaska or Friesland.

36 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

You cannot spend money to convert Elite Captain EXP to FXP.  You spend money to convert Elite EXP on fully researched ships to FXP.

• Thanks 1

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

You really should not use FXP to unlock ships faster.  Use FXP to research upgraded modules on new ships or save it to buy FXP ships such as Alaska or Friesland.

You cannot spend money to convert Elite Captain EXP to FXP.  You spend money to convert Elite EXP on fully researched ships to FXP.

THANKS

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles
16 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

You cannot spend money to convert Elite Captain EXP to FXP.

Yes you can. On the conversion window select the other tab.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,043 posts
13,308 battles
24 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Really?:

KcP9EAQ.png

This has been going on since the beginning of Elite Commander XP. There have been several Elite Commander XP conversion "sales", and each one accompanied by the b!tching that ensues when people didn't realize it wasn't for Elite Ship XP.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,635 posts
4,997 battles
17 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Really?:

KcP9EAQ.png

This has been going on since the beginning of Elite Commander XP. There have been several Elite Commander XP conversion "sales", and each one accompanied by the b!tching that ensues when people didn't realize it wasn't for Elite Ship XP.

OK then.  I was wrong.  I did not know that.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,043 posts
13,308 battles
6 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

OK then.  I was wrong.  I did not know that.

NP. I recall being on of those early b!tchers. No, wait...it was a friend!

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles

Advanced issue found

😐
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Yes, you play the Baltimore to earn xp and you can combine that ship xp with free xp (even though I personally recommend saving your free xp for free xp ships rather than using it to research tech tree ships) once you have enough to total 165k between the two of them.

What do you do with the Premium Ships XP if you cannot advance to the next ship? My Kiroov was recently turned into a Premium. I have about 100,000 ship XP on it but if I cannot use it to advance in that line, where do i apply it?

[TIMT]
Members
659 posts
3,448 battles

Nowhere. You could convert it to free XP using doubloons, but that is not really worth it. Premium ships are primarily for earning credits and training captains as they don't require retraining.

• Thanks 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,043 posts
13,308 battles
5 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

What do you do with the Premium Ships XP if you cannot advance to the next ship? My Kiroov was recently turned into a Premium. I have about 100,000 ship XP on it but if I cannot use it to advance in that line, where do i apply it?

I hope you were able to use some of Kirov’s XP to research the Budyonnyi before Kirov was converted, because like @shinytrashcan said above, Kirov’s XP isn’t going anywhere now. Otherwise, you have to back up at least to Tier 4 to grind XP for the new T5. Or spend to convert XP.

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I hope you were able to use some of Kirov’s XP to research the Budyonnyi before Kirov was converted, because like @shinytrashcan said above, Kirov’s XP isn’t going anywhere now. Otherwise, you have to back up at least to Tier 4 to grind XP for the new T5. Or spend to convert XP.

No, at the time, i didnt use it that much and almost sold it. I've given it another chance I've grown fond of it. 

I've only recently started researching WOWS.

How XP was used wasn't clear to me and its unfortunate its now practically meaningless in this context. I don't want to pay $ (Doubloons) to convert what I worked for. 

Edited by FranklinjVI

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

How is that a scam?

I don't want to pay $ (Doubloons) to convert what I worked for. 

There is no reason for them to charge money -  I view doubloons as cash. 

[--K--]
Supertester
1,225 posts
11,168 battles
39 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

No, at the time, i didnt use it that much and almost sold it. I've given it another chance I've grown fond of it. 

I've only recently started researching WOWS.

How XP was used wasn't clear to me and its unfortunate its now practically meaningless in this context. I don't want to pay $ (Doubloons) to convert what I worked for. 

Just ignore it and watch it grow over time. They do have "sales" were you can convert a higher amount of Elite/premium ship xp to free xp but it still isn't good value. 

Most players in this thread have millions of xp that could be converted but we know better or are far enough along that we generate enough free xp just through playing. 

• Thanks 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
4 hours ago, FranklinjVI said:

Don't be in such a hurry.  You have only 1400 or so battles with mediocre stats and you're apparently charging toward Des Moines.  She's a good ship, but then, so is every other ship at Tier X.  At your present skill level you'd get your [donkey] handed to you nightly.  Diversify.  Play other nations and other types.  You have only 17 games in DDs.  Save your FXP for when you need it.

Wait, how did you get Buffalo?

It can, if you pay.  But ECXP is a lot more valuable leveling up your captains than your ships.  I don't know why WoWS even offers the option...

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Experience

• Thanks 1

Members
147 posts
3,894 battles

Advanced issue found

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Wait, how did you get Buffalo?

I had a ton of ship XP from my  premium ships. 

I cashed some in since I was so close...