Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dionkraft

Ships up in the trees side of mountain - training room

5 comments in this topic

Members
3,377 posts
6,787 battles

I guess I fell upon a bug in the traiing room while I was testing out something,... Two enemy ships out of the water and hugging the mountain in MAP: BIG RACE with 2x2 format. 

I can confirm it is not my computer or mods as I have WOWs installed on two computers and they do the same thing each and everytime.  

Choose as your ship: German DD: G-101

Select 2x2 and 60 minutes duration

Choose bot ships not moving as: Chakuma cruisers

Map: BIG RACE

Select Battle and Cap: B gets capped as both ships are on the mountain.  Like this:

Side Note: Shooting at them just goes thru and thru.  They have no collision mesh in that position. Check out your results...if your curious !

shot-20.06.28_05.01.28-0483.jpg

shot-20.06.26_19.00.06-0059.jpg

shot-20.06.21_14.38.09-0749.jpg

Members
587 posts
884 battles

Seen similar results in a Mikasa event, for some reason the friendly ships spawned right in the middle of the map. Since a spawn point was blocked by an island, the game tried to spawn 2 ships in the same location. Except they repelled each other and flew into the air, getting stuck on that mountain.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,088 posts
18,898 battles

Every map has a number of pre-designated spawn points for different types of ships. This bug can happen when a player spawns more of a type of ship than that map has spawn points for. There might be other causes too, but this is the most common one.

• Cool 1

Members
3,377 posts
6,787 battles
10 hours ago, Lert said:

Every map has a number of pre-designated spawn points for different types of ships. This bug can happen when a player spawns more of a type of ship than that map has spawn points for. There might be other causes too, but this is the most common one.

Thank you for the explanation as to this occurance. I did a 6x6 battle with with bots and moving just for fun and found out any ships above water and stuck were immune to any damage from enemies firing !  They became the DEF guns in a sense and could aim below their original intended design limitations.   Anyways...hope all is well with your cat as well ! 

[WG]
Developers
344 posts
9,687 battles

It's a known issue with that map. As far as I remember it can only be reproduced in the Training room and only in one mode I just don't remember which one. 

Sign in to follow this