You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

How is you ship building goin? What about ranked sprint?

26 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles

How are you progressing with the ship building event? I started the 3 set of directives last night. I've been more or less taking a break from the everyday grind of WG's events which translates to "I haven't been playing as much in the last few weeks."

In somewhat of a change for me I've played a few ranked sprint battles. I had fun in all but one.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,088 posts
4,341 battles

Ship building is coming along. Finishing up the third set of directives today, should have the Graf Spee in the next day or so. Graf was my objective going in, but I'm enjoying the event, so if things keep on going this well I may shell out just to see the finished product. The ship doesn't excite me that much, but 3500 doubloons for a T8 premium and completed dockyard is pretty good IMO. We'll see though, I may burn out before the end. It's miles better than the PR event though, WG did a great job with this one.

Ranked Sprint: Just hit Rank 2. Using it to grind the Vladivostock (not a great season for a DD). Plenty of people who can't figure out that those circles in the middle of the map are important for winning, but there's enough of them on the red team too that it's been relatively smooth sailing (knock on wood). Should Rank out in the next few days, that coal is going to help my grind for Thunderer.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles

Great here. Ranked out with a 64% win rate on my Shokaku. Ranked sprint has been great for ship building. Blew through the third set of directives in a couple days. Had to actually wait for the 4th set to come up today.

Edited by xalmgrey

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles

Behind on dockyard due to hiking but I'll finish the XP grind to start Stage 3 at latest once Killer Whale opens up. I don't really plan to buy Odin as I already have Tirpitz. If I get through the 18th phase, maaaaaybe. 

Ranked also behind but should get Rank 5 tonight. 

[TRU]
Members
761 posts
22,711 battles

Ranked out by only using the Enterprise at a 70+% win rate.  Felt great, but dirty.  

3 stages to go on the dockyard!

• Meh 1

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles

Nope. Not doing it. I'm too busy grinding for the Ryujo, and besides, I like the Dragon port better.

Members
116 posts
1,474 battles

Ranked feels great, getting good wins with my Baltimore and Amagi which I'm grinding. Mostly losing in my Atago but top the scoreboard every time so not annoyed yet. Feels much easier to carry and more enjoyable than T7 ranked was but probably because this is Ranked Sprint! 

The dockyard was really slow, I spent almost a week trying to get 1600 main battery hits in my Guepard but got it done 2 days ago. 4/7 through the 2nd Directive so pushing a little harder now to catch up!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles

I am behind again on last weeks directives but am not worried as I did spend the 8K doubloons for the head start.

[VORTX]
Members
659 posts
8,311 battles

Grind for Odin is going fine. Just got Graf. Glad I never bought it (lol). Its fine, but sort of boring. Maybe I'll play it more in the future, tier vi is still mostly fun! Of course the cool looking camo is an extra 5k doubloons. lol, nope. 

Ranked. So far so good there too. Up to 4. I've been doing one a day. Its hard with all of the toxic personalities in there. I can't ignore it and end up telling someone off. Can't believe I've never been chat banned, just dings to my non existent karma! 

Thanks for checking in. :cap_fainting:

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,065 posts
19,384 battles

To be honest I forgot to collect the latest reward and start the next phase in the dockyard. I’m still not familiar with the new layout of the port UI. Like getting a new cell phone and having to learn to navigate it.

This season of Ranked Sprint went well. One of the easier ones for me personally. The option was there so I took it. I was 50% Akizuki and the rest split up between Shokaku and Lexington. The dark side...

8B6CC898-EAE0-4B05-8E6F-650DE7A710AD.jpeg

E0861D9B-4B38-4B6B-9688-6EAC6219494C.jpeg

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
46 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Nope. Not doing it. I'm too busy grinding for the Ryujo, and besides, I like the Dragon port better.

My selected port is Fjords, and I’ve been grinding out the dockyard build just fine.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles

Have about 400 main battery hits in UK DDs left to do to finish up stage 3 (so about 30-40 minutes max in co-op with my only UK DD Icarus), and then I’ll be starting on stage 4. 

Haven't played much ranked sprint after the first day because of the really poor quality teammates. May try again today or more likely tomorrow and see how they are now. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles

To be honest I forgot to collect the latest reward and start the next phase in the dockyard. I’m still not familiar with the new layout of the port UI. Like getting a new cell phone and having to learn to navigate it.

Yes, it does take a little getting use to but I like the changes made to the port overall.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
5,378 battles

I ranked out but it wasn't too much fun. 

Don't want to play DD's because of CVs

Don't want to play CAs because of BBs

Don't want to play BBs because of 3+ min wait time 

And don't want to play CVs cause it's almost cheating. 

I would have preferred T7 or T9 ranked even with [edited] ships like Belfast

• Thanks 2

[ALLY]
Members
400 posts
21,334 battles
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

I ranked out but it wasn't too much fun. 

Don't want to play DD's because of CVs

Don't want to play CAs because of BBs

Don't want to play BBs because of 3+ min wait time 

And don't want to play CVs cause it's almost cheating. 

I would have preferred T7 or T9 ranked even with [edited] ships like Belfast

Wow Potato,

I ranked out also, but I did not have all the issues you did.  I started playing my Edinburgh after I saw all the BBs in the queue.  Then I played my Z23 and got down to rank 5.  Then I played my Atago and ranked out today.  I am not that good in a CV to consider it cheating, but I did not want to hurt the team by playing it.  Was in one match with a CV that was stuck at rank ten.  He was not only no help, but hurt all the teams he was matched with including the one I was playing with him.

As for the Dock Yard, I have completed directive 3 and have finished 3 of the missions in directive 4.  If it continued like this, I will probably spend 3500 dubs for the Odin.  I should have Graf Wednesday.  I have about 17k damage to finish the fourth mission to get the ship.

C130 signing out

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles

After a handful of battles, I left Ranked Sprint well alone. The teams I've had so far just aren't worth dying for, which is what I end up doing every time trying to save their sorry aft-ends.

Picked up 7.05 million credits, a pretty new permacamo and a captain for the Graf last night. 

[KJHWK]
Banned
122 posts

Maybe if the ship yard would open in less than 5 minutes I'd pay more attention to the Ship Building event but I don't really want the ship that is on offer so....meh.

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles

I'm one phase from Graf Spee (tho I already have it). And regarding ranked sprint, I played exclusively Prinz Eugen this season, I had a few issues at first but I wasn't playing to my ship's strenghts and was too aggressive. I ranked out last sunday after an unlikely win streak:

RankedOut.png.5b45751dfe88e9aa2ef7e3e9e8abadea.png

That defeat was at rank 2.2.

... I guess I borrowed luck from someone.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
13 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

Of course the cool looking camo is an extra 5k doubloons. lol, nope.

You mean the National one? The XP and credit boost benefits (far in excess of normal permacamo) can be worth it if you play the ship A HELL OF A LOT, because the ship XP is at least a partial contributor to commander XP, but it's VERY definitely an individual choice. I was able to justify it for the Warspite and Shinonome, but not for the Graf Spee. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

I got pissed off a few nights ago because of getting shite teams in a row, including the same potato CV player two games in a row. That plus getting bored of randoms meant I uninstalled and will take a break for a while.

When do the directives run out, I've only got one of them left, not even sure I'll come back.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
2 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

I got pissed off a few nights ago because of getting shite teams in a row, including the same potato CV player two games in a row. That plus getting bored of randoms meant I uninstalled and will take a break for a while.

When do the directives run out, I've only got one of them left, not even sure I'll come back.

Directives for the current event end on 2 August (3 August is the official date, but that's the server changeover at 3 am Vancouver time or something stupid like that). If you uninstalled a few nights ago, you still have THREE to complete. 

• Thanks 1

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

I only need 1 more level of dockyard for the Level 10 reward Ship (just realised I didn't specific that was what I was going for, not the full 20 levels), as I got all 9 of the levels from the first 3 directives. Getting 1,115,000 damage (which is one of the "1 level of Dockyard" reward missions in Directive 4) should take me less than 10 games in my high tier secondary Battleships.

Thanks. I'll give it a couple of weeks rest at least.

Edited by macktkau2

[COB]
[COB]
Beta Testers
880 posts
6,477 battles

Ranked went well. I ranked out in my Kaga at a 76% win rate. 

The dockyard...I'm at stage 2 and not going anywhere. I have limited time to play so the heavy grind events never turn out well for me 😢

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,766 posts
21,666 battles

Bought two tokens, finished stage 11, working on stage 12 now.