You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Florendo19

Back from a month long break and suddenly very bad

9 comments in this topic

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,377 battles

I took a break recently and when I came back I suddenly feel like a low 40% WR player. Now the only major in game change between when I stopped and now is the CA line split for the Russians so I know its not the game and that its really just me. Who knew the difference a month makes? Anyway just my observation on how dedicated this community is to make me feel dull after only a month away. Anyway back to getting back up to speed.

[WORX]
Members
10,617 posts
18,506 battles

A mouth of not doing a particular activity, will set you back a lot...

Give it a week and you'll be up to speed in no time.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
2 minutes ago, Florendo19 said:

I took a break recently and when I came back I suddenly feel like a low 40% WR player. Now the only major in game change between when I stopped and now is the CA line split for the Russians so I know its not the game and that its really just me. Who knew the difference a month makes? Anyway just my observation on how dedicated this community is to make me feel dull after only a month away. Anyway back to getting back up to speed.

I'm sure that things like aiming could be a bit off after a month (I usually aim by "feel"), but it's also possible that you just had a streak of losses. Everybody has those (me too).

Good luck and hope you'll get back to winning again! :cap_rambo:

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

A mouth of not doing a particular activity, will set you back a lot...

Hehe.

But yes, true.

[SALVO]
Members
4,352 posts
3,781 battles

Kinda understand what you mean, I went away only 3 years and also felt a bit lost on returning.

[META_]
Members
1,221 posts
16,026 battles

Could be a little aiming, could be forgotten a little strategy, it'll come back.. 

[TIMT]
Members
639 posts
3,404 battles

Had a similar issue after not playing for two months while traveling. I was just no longer used to doing all the things at the same time (it took me actual effort again to just steer my ship correctly, aiming was way off), so I played badly for about a week. It comes back though with a bit of practice, don't worry.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

I got to my peak performance by playing this game a lot, when I stopped playing for a while well I played worse. It's just the nature of the beast. Changes in the game and meta only amplify the issue of being out of practice. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

It can be surprising how quickly the rust builds up when you take a vacation. My suggestion is to drop down to the middle tiers, 5 - 7 and work it off there.