You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

In Spite of it all... I still love this game.

30 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
277 posts
12,500 battles

As do I I’ve taken several breaks from the game but always come back 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles

Yeah, despite WG's best efforts to stifle my interest, I'm still here.

Five years in, I'm just a bit more selective on what I choose to spend my time and money on, versus my unbridled loyalty in the early days.

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
574 posts
19,920 battles

I too still love this game but have cut way back on my spending. I still get premium around Christmas when it’s half price (at least the last few years) and buy some Santa crates to see what pops up. Other than that, there’s nothing in the premium shop that interests me. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
23 minutes ago, IAF_NASTY said:

As do I I’ve taken several breaks from the game but always come back 

Same with me, although some of the more lengthy breaks were mostly when WG had Mac wrapper messed up, and couple shorter break times were hardware replacement for me. Always left me very hungry to play, lol after a break that ended last August I went on massive spending spree that consumed estimated 200-300 million credits credits and greatly expanded my fleet of ships in port.

I have finally gotten my in game funds back in order and am actually progressing beyond my old credit peak. My next major spending spree would be when Italian BBs arrive or if Battlecruiser lines are added. Otherwise my current ship goals are mostly coal, steel, and considering Free XP ships. Also leisurely working on getting Akizuki and Des Moines. But the point I am at in the game is rather nice as I have much of what I need so that no desperate rush to get ships I need as I have ships that can fill their role. And with a large credit reserve I am very flexible on using what I want and outfitting it however I choose. :Smile_smile:

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Five years in, I'm just a bit more selective on what I choose to spend my time and money on, versus my unbridled loyalty in the early days.

Grinda new Line! Every line every nation has its unique gameplay.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

In the early days you had premiums like Warspite, Scharnhorst, ect. That you could not go wrong with and were not as costly as some of the more recent ships. And the more recent ships you have to look before you leap as you could easily jump into a major disaster of a bad ship that you paid $50-$100+ on getting. I have not spent any money so it’s mainly the time invested for me.

Which I have to say it has been enjoyable. I do see a period upcoming where things might get a bit too rough. But there is another fun looking game releasing in August that I may check out for a month or 2 or so if need be while waiting out WOWs if need be. Really glad I missed out on some of the worst of the CV Rework horrors lol.

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles
1 minute ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Grinda new Line! Every line every nation has its unique gameplay.

I've already done them all, and several more than once.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I've already done them all, and several more than once.

How many ships do you have?

I am sitting in a humble 137, but i dont have the experience you have.

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles
37 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

How many ships do you have?

I am sitting in a humble 137, but i dont have the experience you have.

Somewhere in the 350 range.

48 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

In the early days you had premiums like Warspite, Scharnhorst, ect. That you could not go wrong with and were not as costly as some of the more recent ships. And the more recent ships you have to look before you leap as you could easily jump into a major disaster of a bad ship that you paid $50-$100+ on getting. I have not spent any money so it’s mainly the time invested for me.

Which I have to say it has been enjoyable. I do see a period upcoming where things might get a bit too rough. But there is another fun looking game releasing in August that I may check out for a month or 2 or so if need be while waiting out WOWs if need be. Really glad I missed out on some of the worst of the CV Rework horrors lol.

The best part about the early days premium ships was that they all brought something unique to the table (for the most part), since there were only a few nations and tech trees at that time.

Now, everything is becoming blurred with gimmicks crossing over to other nations and overlap.  The most recent example, battleship Champagne, brings nothing new to the table that the plethora of other T8 BBs don't already have covered.  So unless a ship allows me a new way to play or avenue for fun that my port doesn't already cover, I'm not interested.

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The best part about the early days premium ships was that they all brought something unique to the table (for the most part), since there were only a few nations and tech trees at that time.

Now, everything is becoming blurred with gimmicks crossing over to other nations and overlap.  The most recent example, battleship Champagne, brings nothing new to the table that the plethora of other T8 BBs don't already have covered.  So unless a ship allows me a new way to play or avenue for fun that my port doesn't already cover, I'm not interested.

Isnt champagne unique? Which ship play as sniper?

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles
4 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Isnt champagne unique? Which ship play as sniper?

Only unique amongst French battleships as it's the only one with 406mm guns.

Japanese battleships were the original sniper-style battleships (and still are for the most part).

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles

So can you fight a bit for Operations players, I/we would like some new Operations and continued work on Operations. For Gods sake ask them if they can do something with Operation Defeat of Naval Station Newport. Personally I think that they could just make it a tier 7 Operation. If your looking for content spend today and tomorrow playing Newport (do a little Operations content) and see what I am talking about. The Newport scenario is nigh unwinnable with a random team and teams never choose to play it unless someone needs the star rewards. We would at least like a straight forward answer as to why WG has pretty much abandoned Operations. WG says that the population/interest just isn't there. I really don't believe that it is just I and a few other people that like them.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Yeah saw it in battle I was on and was not impressed in the least with it.

Shikishima on the other hand is growing on me since with some of the latest CV specs it’s armor should hold up better than the 32mm coveted Bourgogne, and the Shikishima AA mounts will certainly be more resilient than French AA mounts are. If WG insists on trolling my games with some new ridiculously damaging CVs, I intend to troll the CV players right back by sneaking in a formidable AA platform. Just a question of which ship, but I still have a little time to decide as it will either take me until August or some time in July  before I have 24,000 Steel. Then I will decide and by then Shikishima’s true nature and abilities will be more battle tested. The idea of having 97k HP vs 75k HP is also being noted.

Bourgogne is concerning me though as my Jean Bart fell down to 42% AA and got mauled by Aircraft.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Pretty much this^

I've not played for months, came back for the RU cruisers, which I actually enjoy... But really nothing else interests me.

I have 130 ships, and most of them haven't been played in a year. I have enough coal for a ship, but there are no ships worth getting.

Even have enough doubloons to get the Mainz, but why? I have plenty of tier 8's now, plenty of tier 8 cruisers that I enjoy. If I want a tier 8 light cruiser, I have Bayard, Chappy, Irian.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts

Only unique amongst French battleships as it's the only one with 406mm guns.

Japanese battleships were the original sniper-style battleships (and still are for the most part).

IJN cant go on brawls? They rely on back gameplay too? I am just at Kongo..

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So can you fight a bit for Operations players, I/we would like some new Operations and continued work on Operations. For Gods sake ask them if they can do something with Operation Defeat of Naval Station Newport. Personally I think that they could just make it a tier 7 Operation. If your looking for content spend today and tomorrow playing Newport (do a little Operations content) and see what I am talking about. The Newport scenario is nigh unwinnable with a random team and teams never choose to play it unless someone needs the star rewards. We would at least like a straight forward answer as to why WG has pretty much abandoned Operations. WG says that the population/interest just isn't there. I really don't believe that it is just I and a few other people that like them.

Yeah they made it a self fulfilling prophecy cause of course the numbers are going to be bad when there's the same 5 operations for years on end. People who aren't satisfied with the current operations aren't going to be likely to play the old ones. Add new, historically relevant operations and people would flock to them. 

[1RD]
Members
164 posts
15,972 battles

Thanks for featuring me!

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles
20 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Until they find a way to sustainably monetize Operations, I don't think there will be much of a future for them (sadly).

18 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Even have enough doubloons to get the Mainz, but why? I have plenty of tier 8's now, plenty of tier 8 cruisers that I enjoy. If I want a tier 8 light cruiser, I have Bayard, Chappy, Irian.

Agreed.  While Mainz does pique my interest mildly, it really doesn't do anything that any of my current fleet of T8 cruisers can't handle.  Plus, Prinz Eugen already exists in port as T8 German premium.

17 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Not typically their role, but it doesn't mean you can't try.  Amagi is likely the best of the tech tree at brawling if you really, really wanted to.

The rest of the ships don't have a good enough armor scheme to handle heavy brawling like the German or Soviet BBs do.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
661 posts
6,278 battles
14 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I've run secondary build Yamato, Musashi, Kii, among others.  They're meme worthy and definitely not for the faint of heart.  The sides are a known weakness for example.  But the guns up close are something to behold, assuming they don't overpen your opponent's armour.

You can brawl, but don't be surprised if you get citadel'd frequently.

[AOI]
Members
260 posts
13,954 battles

After 12K games 4 plus years I have reduced my game time by 98%..MM being the biggest issue along with WGs over the top obsession with balancing every single tiny aspect of the game especially the ship classes and ships themselves..I plan to still play a few times a month but have moved on to other games now..My current game time is 4 games in 6 weeks.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Until they find a way to sustainably monetize Operations, I don't think there will be much of a future for them (sadly).

Agreed.  While Mainz does pique my interest mildly, it really doesn't do anything that any of my current fleet of T8 cruisers can't handle.  Plus, Prinz Eugen already exists in port as T8 German premium.

Not typically their role, but it doesn't mean you can't try.  Amagi is likely the best of the tech tree at brawling if you really, really wanted to.

The rest of the ships don't have a good enough armor scheme to handle heavy brawling like the German or Soviet BBs do.

I have Ignis Purgatio...

3 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

I've run secondary build Yamato, Musashi, Kii, among others.  They're meme worthy and definitely not for the faint of heart.  The sides are a known weakness for example.  But the guns up close are something to behold, assuming they don't overpen your opponent's armour.

You can brawl, but don't be surprised if you get citadel'd frequently.

So they fit for mid range.

[META_]
Members
1,221 posts
16,026 battles
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

So exactly which part do you love? The slow death of destroyers, the soul crushing cvs, the state of the game for battleships? Just curious.... These are your recent videos... I used to like your videos and I still watch them but you have been way more negative than positive...... And yes we have opinions about the game but you are like the media (influencer) when you say dds are dying or BBs are horrible the masses follow.....I enjoy the game, I try to help others. The game is fluid, it changes... You either grow or get left behind.. So tell us, what do you love exactly about the game? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,090 battles
16 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I have Ignis Purgatio...

Which is an Amagi in all but name.  Like I said before, it's probably the best brawler of the line, but far from purpose-built.

[SYN]
Members
15,858 posts
12,803 battles

I don't think I'll ever reinstall.

I'm just here to donkey punch the forums.

• Cool 1