You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramagar_RoK

CV match making

10 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
458 posts

Seriously, a T8 CV should NEVER have T6 ships in the match.  Make them wait.  The T6 ships are nothing more than targets.  Three games today 1 T8 carrier and all others were T6 with like 1 T7.  The crap play the T8 CV's bring to a match like that is beyond retarded.

Edited by Ramagar_RoK
  • Boring 2

[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,664 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Seriously, a T8 CV should NEVER have T6 ships in the match.  Make them wait.  The T6 ships are nothing more than targets.  Three games today 1 T8 carrier and all others were T6 with like 1 T7.  The crap play the T8 CV's bring to a match like that is beyond retarded.

In that case can my tier 8 CV ONLY get tier 8 games at max and never be in tier 10? That'd be wonderful thanks!

• Cool 4

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles

I had a heck of a match-up on the Public Test Server a short while ago.

[RAIN]
Members
284 posts
9,649 battles

bruh anything 2 tiers above you is going to make you into a snack

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
35 minutes ago, Skyspartan said:

bruh anything 2 tiers above you is going to make you into a snack

Tier 8 to tier 10 I will agree because the power and protection gains between tier 8 and tier 10 is far larger than it is for any other two tier difference. For the other two tier gaps the bottom tier can perform just fine if played intelligently. Now the low and no AA ships in tier 3, 4, & even 5 that the tier 4 CV's see do have a very real issue.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Tier 8 to tier 10 I will agree because the power and protection gains between tier 8 and tier 10 is far larger than it is for any other two tier difference. For the other two tier gaps the bottom tier can perform just fine if played intelligently. Now the low and no AA ships in tier 3, 4, & even 5 that the tier 4 CV's see do have a very real issue.

Most T6 and 7 DDs do not compare well to a T8 DDs ability to outspot them. You can have an Akizuki able to get the jump on a lot of DDs that often don't stand a chance in a fair fight, and if a good high stealth T8 DD abuses the discrepancy in their detection, you can have functional permaspotting going. The first time that happened to my Leningrad ruined that ship for me. I only consider the bottom tier situation when playing a ship, and a T7 DD with poor detection is... not going to compare favorably, and it's just gotten worse since then, what with her speed no longer being that impressive.

Many T6 and 7 BBs have a lot of trouble against T8 BBs because of overmatch and the 32mm plating T8+ get. Not to mention speed and accuracy differences. For instance, comparing NM and Col to NC. Sure, speed isn't everything, but put a slow ship on a T8+ map and the large size of the map becomes apparent.

If T9 cruisers see T7 cruisers, that heal is a very hard thing to compete with. 

T7 AA compared to T8 AA is often a hilariously large leap in effectiveness.

The moment you try to directly compete with the capabilities of ships 2 tiers apart, many things tend to fall apart. This is why it's unwise to look at it that way. If one is bottom tier, you aren't pitted against a top tier, you are pitted against whoever was matched to whatever you are. If you do better than that person, you've done your job. It's up to one's self to decide what that means, though. If I outdo my top tier team mates, well that's what makes me the most happy in this game. :cap_haloween:

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,918 battles

CV Match Making is as bad as any in WoWS. What else is new?  Move along. Nothing to see here.

• Cool 1