You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Klaus the Conqueror

Now That the Submarine Mode Has Ended

15 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,350 posts
14 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

How about credits for my useless tokens?

You'll get 15,000 credits per token. See here: 

Edited by henrychenhenry

[REVY]
Members
2,842 posts
15,085 battles
14 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

GZg6bu3.jpg

RjUC23z.jpg

ihPWgm3.png

Still have a copy of that and a functional Pentium computer to play it on.

14 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

U1EMhAf.gif

They recently opened a 'Retro Arcade' and toy store near me.
Lots of old and classic arcade games including an original Donkey Kong machine.

Sea Wolf is also present there.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles
16 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

U1EMhAf.gif

Oh my God.

That brings back memories. How many 20c coins did I put into machines like this? Man, if I had one of these in my basement I'd never be able to get my kids away from it.

• Cool 1

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

Speaking about subs, I still have mine despite them saying they would take them away after the event... Because I found out that you could buy them and keep them yet they said they would be removed anyways, guess not.

[SYN]
Members
1,423 posts
11,072 battles
On 6/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, neptunes_wrath said:

U1EMhAf.gif

Oh man! I had so forgotten Sea Wolf. One of the few arcade games I liked.

[HINON]
Members
9,003 posts
13,164 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 11:24 AM, CenterForDiseaseControl said:

I smell troll post

rich coming from the guy that has the guts to make a post like this during the pandemic of the same virus thats killing 100s of 1000s a day

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

Members
6 posts
393 battles
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

rich coming from the guy that has the guts to make a post like this during the pandemic of the same virus thats killing 100s of 1000s a day

People have been warned. No one took it seriously. Now they listened 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,446 posts

Ive lived those days. Started gaming back in the 60's The 80's time period was really good particularly with the rise of the Windows games such as Seawolf. And Jane's 688 etc. Even Genesis had a nice little sub situation. Learn a little Russian as you go.

Red Storm Rising on Amiga I believe would be another. Kirov Battle Group inbound, a batch of harpoons,48's and toms.

Its not difficult to fire those games up now. On two of my older computers on the shelf. I think one or two requires a DOS Mem Configuring if I have not forgotten.

My last retail sub game, for which I still have the discs would be the silent hunter 5 from ubisoft. You also had the nintendo version of sub work. A friend of mine would conn the boat and do the shooting while i handled the bearings and math to reach a shot solution for him on the other controller as the DD's roared in with their props and pings. As long as he had numbers he could complete the kills. So it at times sounded like a study in math in there.

I remember a cutscene played when a submarine captian dropped his coin in the loading sequence. I could not find that anywhere but it's pretty good for what they had in terms of what? 16 bit video?

I enjoyed the Wows Sub time in public with the leander. It added a dimension to the fight that was missing. Somewhat addictive, how to kill a sub without getting chomped by a BB.