You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

How do I renew my Russian Bias?

40 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,086 posts
18,898 battles

I think my Donskoi is broken ...

kxV8Q9R.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles

By pledging elegance to Comrad Elmo...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

kxV8Q9R.jpg

Hit yourself in the head with a hammer? 

That usually restores the feeling that there's Russian bias in this game.

Members
4,332 posts
11,177 battles

Donkey’s old Russian bias. You need the new one obviously. Get Nevsky while it’s still new, or acquire a day one Petro for the New Bias (tm) (offer available while supplies last)

[TBW]
Members
10,276 posts
17,433 battles

Renew it in Co op, apparently it works 91% of the time, of course it can only go up from there.

image.thumb.png.38a0037ff69fce4b636970fbc5a9b833.png

[NMKJT]
Members
2,665 posts
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Get a new russian ship, that resets it unless that ship is stalingrad.

[TBW]
Members
10,276 posts
17,433 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

By pledging elegance to Conrad Elmo...

Conrad the Comrade?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,086 posts
4,071 battles
27 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Donkey’s old Russian bias. You need the new one obviously. Get Nevsky while it’s still new, or acquire a day one Petro for the New Bias (tm) (offer available while supplies last)

This, your Bias is clearly out of date and you need to upgrade to the newest version.

Purchase of new Soviet premium ship will also renew it:Smile_teethhappy:

[PIMPS]
Members
1,481 posts
58 minutes ago, Lert said:

Or... you are slipping due to age and are now seeing signs you are past your prime.:cap_wander:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,086 posts
18,898 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

Or... you are slipping due to age and are now seeing signs you are past your prime.:cap_wander:

Implying I had a prime to begin with.

• Funny 2

[PIMPS]
Members
1,481 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Implying I had a prime to begin with.

implying you are past it whether you missed knowing about it or not.:Smile-_tongue:

Those guns of yours are too far gone for a re-bore in your turrets.

Edited by Chain_shot

[Y0L0W]
Members
499 posts
16,546 battles

Free Russian Bias renewal made available with the release of patch 9.6.

[TDRB]
Members
5,113 posts
13,721 battles
57 minutes ago, Lert said:

kxV8Q9R.jpg

WOW! loosing with a Russian ship multiple times. I do not know that was possible.

[TF16B]
Modder
646 posts
798 battles

It's expensive, just wait till an end of summer sale or something, get yourself 30 days worth... and for a few bucks more you can get a flag and 3pt commander with it too. :Smile_veryhappy:

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,415 battles

Easy, just buy something premium & Russian. War Evil WANTS you to ........ :cap_like:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,976 posts
20,643 battles

Comrade Lert,

We seem to have found the problem.

The old developers have been sent to gulag, and new modelers have instituted the required historical Mother Russia superiority. 

You are using an old cruiser.

The new tier 9 cruiser should end any chance of loosing.

If you still insist on using the perfectly adequate Demitri Donskoi,  may we recommend the following:

Double rudder modoule. 

Range modoule.

And the captain skills DE & IFHE.

You should be able enforce the Supreme Mother Russia damage output.

Yours truly, 

The Comizar of WG historical balance.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
3,106 posts
25,887 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Hit yourself in the head with a hammer? 

That usually restores the feeling that there's Russian bias in this game.

just bad luck.......................

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

Alaska - Unless you got Stalingrad which is the Gold Standard of Super Cruisers, which is also pretty exclusive club to be a part of, Alaska sets the tone that all the other Super Cruisers are compared to.  All around a very solid Super Cruiser.  Good offensively, good defensively, and brings Radar Cruiser utility to a team.  In contrast the other IX Super Cruisers are found wanting in some glaring issues, even the new German Super Cruisers.  Even "Russian Bias" Kronshtadt her gunnery is wild and inaccurate, and she got pulled from the shop!  She also has a 25mm bow while Alaska has 27mm.  And no, Kronshtadt doesn't have an Icebreaker Bow.  Azuma has solid guns and HE shells, but her armor is the laughing stock of all Super Cruisers.  Her Citadel can be exploited very easily if a mistake is made, and yeet her out of the map.  Meanwhile we have had posts by BB players being frustrated in Citadeling Alaska, threads asking where they got to shoot to Citadel her... It's not the waterline apparently!  Siegfried & Roy Agir have terrible HE & AP DPM when compared to Alaska.  AK has useful HE still but she also has USN CA style AP with special bounce angles.  The new Germans also cannot do the Radar Cruiser job which Alaska can capably do.

Alaska's features and arrival were so widely celebrated that people got her in large numbers.  She was so popular that she broke 100k Random Battles in 3 days after release, a number that takes other Premium Ships MONTHS to get.  Nobody ever complained she was too much of a good deal rolled into one.

Let's pretend we go back in time to the innocent year of 2017 or 2018.  Someone comes telling us that in 2019, WG will release a new Premium Battleship.  It goes 30+knots, has ACCURATE 457mm guns that can reload in 26 seconds, has ACCURATE long range secondaries that fire quickly, and has an improved heal.  Oh, it also will have Engine Boost.  It also has sufficient deck armor thickness to mitigate quite a bit of raw HE shell damage.

People would scream that's OP with that list of features on a single ship.

But that ship goes Live.  And her name is Georgia.  And apparently that wee bit of Bias is fine, as people celebrated her arrival and got her en masse.

Massachussetts - Sturdy South Dakota-class hull like Alabama.  High TDS, among the best for BBs in general.  Good agility.  Useful 406mm guns with good Overmatch benefits.  Improved Heal.  Mega Secondaries.  Abnormally accurate Secondaries, to boot.  Meanwhile German BB players don't get the benefit of accurate Secondaries despite being the Brawler BB Line, and the 380mm guns of Bismarck-class in Tier VIII are nowhere near the goodness of the USN 16"/45 guns of Tier VIII.  With 38mm deck armor as with all High Tier USN BBs, Massachusetts will mitigate a lot of direct HE shell damage from HE spammers.

Benham - 16 torpedo torpedo salvos which can be spec'ed to reload in 65 seconds.  IJN DD Yugumo has 8 torpedoes for 96.9 seconds reload in a torpedo focused build.  The only way Yugumo can drop 16 torps is to remove Smoke consumable and use Torpedo Reload Booster in its place.  Even then, TRB has limited charges.  Meanwhile Benham will drop a sea of 16 fish in the water every 65 seconds, no TRB consumable access granted, nor needed for her.  Benham will flood the areas with 16 fish in barely over a minute like a TRB Build Yugumo, but do it as many times as she wants (unlike Yugumo), and still have Smoke... Also unlike Yugumo.  But the only ones that complained about Benham were IJN DD players when they saw that Benham paid no price for all that.  Yugumo has to make serious concessions and even then TRB had limited charges.

... No USN Bias here?  Yet the moment there's a decent Russian Ship the pitchforks are out?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,378 posts
9,691 battles

Seems like there is a distinct lack of vodka here, so you're doing it wrong.