Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1SneakyDevil

Newport Scenario Brag and Question

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,757 posts
23,311 battles

Sometimes you just got to carry even harder than normal to pull out a few stars in this Ops, 2 in this case.

Can only what my base XP would have looked like in the old format. :Smile_sad:

And this match started off with someone telling me that DDs were trash and shouldn't be allowed...lol. :Smile_teethhappy: They finished with less than 1/2 my XP.

 

Question - Should WG allow an extra player in this scenario or maybe bump it to T7 ships - What are your thoughts?

 

image.thumb.png.8dfafb676ee5c01ff227052e99ca2739.png

image.png.f56205ad38b1df636d42a00653cffcd0.png

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,115
[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Good game.

WG should leave Newport as is & work on activating the ops removed for the CV rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
897 posts
3,460 battles

Won this a few times in randoms. Not worth the effort and certainly not worth loading up signals/camo.

The thing is way too tightly tuned for the amount of RNG in the game. A friendly destroyer gets crippled or killed early, or even one salvo of shots from a BB don't land (or he gets his turrets crossed up, or is on the wrong side) it's probably a fail for not having the DPM to stop an early breach of the harbor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
37 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

maybe bump it to T7 ships

My thoughts exactly, the only problem is, that it may be too easy then, but I doubt it. It should take all of 30 seconds for a dev to type in 7 instead of 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,757 posts
23,311 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

My thoughts exactly, the only problem is, that it may be too easy then, but I doubt it. It should take all of 30 seconds for a dev to type in 7 instead of 6.

Yeah that's why I was thinking an extra ship. If they bumped it up to 7s then they'd have to rework a few of the lower tier ships out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,757 posts
23,311 battles
35 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

Won this a few times in randoms. Not worth the effort and certainly not worth loading up signals/camo.

The thing is way too tightly tuned for the amount of RNG in the game. A friendly destroyer gets crippled or killed early, or even one salvo of shots from a BB don't land (or he gets his turrets crossed up, or is on the wrong side) it's probably a fail for not having the DPM to stop an early breach of the harbor.

The only thing that was on the ship is the perma camo that came with it. So everything you see on the first screen shot is what the game awarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,665
[SALVO]
Members
4,440 posts
3,825 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

 

Question - Should WG allow an extra player in this scenario or maybe bump it to T7 ships - What are your thoughts?

 

Well done, I've yet to win that thing with a random team.

Maybe pushing it to tier 7 would be better, useful to have another T7 scenario besides Narai

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[-A-8-]
Members
455 posts
19,315 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Sometimes you just got to carry even harder than normal to pull out a few stars in this Ops, 2 in this case.

Can only what my base XP would have looked like in the old format. :Smile_sad:

And this match started off with someone telling me that DDs were trash and shouldn't be allowed...lol. :Smile_teethhappy: They finished with less than 1/2 my XP.

 

Question - Should WG allow an extra player in this scenario or maybe bump it to T7 ships - What are your thoughts?

 

image.thumb.png.8dfafb676ee5c01ff227052e99ca2739.png

image.png.f56205ad38b1df636d42a00653cffcd0.png

2 stars? Replay or it didn't happen :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though, well done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
4 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Sometimes you just got to carry even harder than normal to pull out a few stars in this Ops, 2 in this case.

Can only what my base XP would have looked like in the old format. :Smile_sad:

And this match started off with someone telling me that DDs were trash and shouldn't be allowed...lol. :Smile_teethhappy: They finished with less than 1/2 my XP.

 

Question - Should WG allow an extra player in this scenario or maybe bump it to T7 ships - What are your thoughts?

 

image.thumb.png.8dfafb676ee5c01ff227052e99ca2739.png

image.png.f56205ad38b1df636d42a00653cffcd0.png

Nice one sneaky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Well done, I've yet to win that thing with a random team.

Maybe pushing it to tier 7 would be better, useful to have another T7 scenario besides Narai

or an all 8 tier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

This is one of those scenarios where WG needs to somehow buff the average player. 

It's clear that no matter how many times they try, no matter how much they're warned, about half the players in Defeat at Newport Station simply don't understand the primary defensive goal of keeping red ships from crossing the line and activating the rout.  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,665
[SALVO]
Members
4,440 posts
3,825 battles
4 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

or an all 8 tier

a tier 8 would be too good to believe it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
391 posts
11,062 battles

My problem with this scenario is there is always 1-2 players that leave the defense of the base, go too far out, and get sunk.

This equates to basically a instant loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,196
[INTEL]
Members
1,774 posts
15,706 battles
4 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

And this match started off with someone telling me that DDs were trash and shouldn't be allowed...lol. :Smile_teethhappy: They finished with less than 1/2 my XP.

 I love those "DD's are useless in OPs" guys. Great job and keep carrying the Taters.

@Taichunger and I dragging a team kicking and screaming to a win.

1906229413_17killNewportDiv-Copy.PNG.0c7d98edb5d9d339cb6f607dcc5632f9.PNG

Farra pretending its got Semi-auto Torp mounts :cap_rambo:

Farra270kNewport.thumb.PNG.bee204613e0c25c8350b741236f9be29.PNG

 

Some teams can't be carried.

 

Fushun254kNewport.thumb.PNG.ff269ef3acfb52e7ecd1cc72731d77cb.PNG

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

 I love those "DD's are useless in OPs" guys. Great job and keep carrying the Taters.

@Taichunger and I dragging a team kicking and screaming to a win.

1906229413_17killNewportDiv-Copy.PNG.0c7d98edb5d9d339cb6f607dcc5632f9.PNG

Farra pretending its got Semi-auto Torp mounts :cap_rambo:

Farra270kNewport.thumb.PNG.bee204613e0c25c8350b741236f9be29.PNG

 

Some teams can't be carried.

 

Fushun254kNewport.thumb.PNG.ff269ef3acfb52e7ecd1cc72731d77cb.PNG

 

dds arent useless, its just you have to know how to best utilize your ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
22 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

a tier 8 would be too good to believe it

if WG made a tier 8 they would sell more T8 preminum ships if they made one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,654
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

Other than the other players, for me, the difficulty for this is the same as with all tier VI ops -- tier VI still has too many glaring weaknesses for most ships when it comes to battles that last as long as ops do. 

Almost any ship at tier VI is too slow to get where it needs to go, or too fragile to endure the longer battle, or doesn't do enough damage fast enough to clear bots or buildings or whatever in time. 

Tier VII is where these weaknesses start to mitigate at least enough that they aren't a major issue in an op.  IMO.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,092 posts

This is the only Operation I don't do on a regular basis.

The enemy has RNG advantage.

So many inexperienced players entering this scenario with zero understanding of what must be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,757 posts
23,311 battles
4 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

 I love those "DD's are useless in OPs" guys. Great job and keep carrying the Taters.

@Taichunger and I dragging a team kicking and screaming to a win.

1906229413_17killNewportDiv-Copy.PNG.0c7d98edb5d9d339cb6f607dcc5632f9.PNG

Farra pretending its got Semi-auto Torp mounts :cap_rambo:

Farra270kNewport.thumb.PNG.bee204613e0c25c8350b741236f9be29.PNG

 

Some teams can't be carried.

 

Fushun254kNewport.thumb.PNG.ff269ef3acfb52e7ecd1cc72731d77cb.PNG

 

Very nice games there. Tip of the cap to you as well.

For further laughs this player even went on to say there's very few skilled DD players out there...lol. So while I was in the repair circle I quickly pulled up his stats and he never played a random match his entire time in WoWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×