You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Trying to queue up for T4

9 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
823 posts
9,356 battles

So I decided to try out CVs. I know, I know, I'm the devil, but I was like, what the heck. They aren't going anywhere, might as well give it a whirl. Maybe it's just becuase its the weekend, but getting in a T4 battle is taking a long time!image.thumb.png.3c2d2e8c7ac3e926570f590f4d65eb16.png

• Meh 1

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
128 posts
5,971 battles

Tier 4 is one of the few exceptions with tons of CVs. Mostly because its the first time people get to try them and also because Its the easiest tier to seal Club with CVs as most ships have little to no AA. You will usually get a lot of Matches with double CVs when in Tier 4 Range.

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,416 battles
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

So I decided to try out CVs. I know, I know, I'm the devil, but I was like, what the heck. They aren't going anywhere, might as well give it a whirl. Maybe it's just becuase its the weekend, but getting in a T4 battle is taking a long time!

This is because it takes a huge amount of exp research the T6 CV from T4 (as T5 CV has been removed)

So new CV players who aren't good enough to gain a lot of exp per game is forced to play a lot of games.

Adding on top of the fact that there will no longer be triple CV games (a VERY good thing), it floods the queue with CVs.

A small solution is coming in the next patch to reduce the amount of exp needed to research a T6 but until then this is the norm.

Members
113 posts
3,192 battles
18 minutes ago, IN_GENERAL said:

Tier 4 is one of the few exceptions with tons of CVs. Mostly because its the first time people get to try them and also because Its the easiest tier to seal Club with CVs as most ships have little to no AA. You will usually get a lot of Matches with double CVs when in Tier 4 Range.

This is why I don’t play at tier IV now. It’s really no fun at all. Seems like one is taking WW2 type air attacks and damage in a pre-WW1 type ship.

Members
270 posts
5,091 battles

Honestly anything below T4 I just play co-op. Battles are shorter, and so are queue times. Maybe play some co-op?

[SALVO]
Members
4,408 posts
3,819 battles
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

So I decided to try out CVs. 

It has been like that for a long time...

Hey WG, why don't you create a specific T4 Operation for CVs. It would give them a place to grind the class other than Randoms

Members
5,364 posts
1 hour ago, IN_GENERAL said:

Also, it takes a LOT more XP to get from Langley/Hosho/Hermes to Ranger/Ryujo/Furious than it takes to get from, for example, Wyoming to New York.  

If people want to go up to the higher tier carriers, and don't have the free XP lying around, then they have to play them.  Are there seal clubbers?  Yes.  There's no more CV seal clubbers at T4 than there are DD seal clubbers at T4.  Somehow, though,  the CV ones are 'evil', but the DD sealclubbers are on the side of the angels?

Members
5,364 posts
1 hour ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Honestly anything below T4 I just play co-op. Battles are shorter, and so are queue times. Maybe play some co-op?

Co-Op sucks horribly for carriers, more so than surface ships.  A damage over time class doesn't do so well in short Co-Op matches, unless you play at 2 AM, where you're the only human.  Even then, a T4 carrier doesn't have the punch to not get sunk by the rush.  A T6/T8 can run like hell and sink stuff behind them if they're alone.  Langley can't do that, for instance.