Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Sarcasticat_

Truly Professional Help Needed!

3 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,128 battles

It has really come down to this decision on which computer to get.

This

Case    1 x NZXT Phantom 240 Gaming Case - White
Case Lighting    1 x Cold Cathode Neon Light - Blue
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction    X
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion    1 x iBUYPOWER Internal USB Expansion System
Processor    1 x AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive    X
Processor Cooling    1 x Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Copper plate for best cooling performance) - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
Memory    1 x 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module [AMD] - Corsair Vengeance
Video Card    1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 4GB - EVGA Superclocked - Single Card
Free Stuff    1 x [FREE] - iBUYPOWER High Performance Gaming Mouse Pad - FREE with any System ($29 Value)
Motherboard    1 x Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970
Power Supply    1 x 800 Watt - LEPA MaxBron 800W - 80 PLUS Bronze
Primary Hard Drive    1 x 240GB Kingston V300 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
Data Hard Drive    X
Optical Drive    1 x LG 14x Blu-ray Re-Writer, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black
Media Card Reader / Writer    1 x 12-In-1 Internal Media Card Reader/Writer - Black
Sound Card    1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card    1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System    1 x Windows 8.1 + Office 365 Trial [Free 30-Day !!!] 64-bit
Keyboard    1 x [FREE] Tt eSports Backlit Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Combo - Free w/ ALL iBUYPOWER Desktop
Speaker System    1 x Logitech S120 2.0 Speaker System
Advanced Build Options    1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
Advanced Build Options    1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring

Total Price: 1501, Customized: 03-30-2015 10:08 PM

OR

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=9631272&sku=XYE-102870507&SRCCODE=WEM4480IM&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEM4480&cm_lm=1662ca4aae53c437e5b1f7957fb01fa9

Personally, I'd go with my own computer,

My reasoning is that (even though my processor isn't as good) I have got everything else better (And TigerDirect doesn't even tell me the motherboard specs, or the name) for just $100-120 more than this computer. I thought the processor on the CyperPowerPC was ridiculous and would cost a lot on electricity bills (even 4.0GHz is a lot) and my GTX 970 (3.5) 4 GB Video Card is SuperClocked for only $7 or so more.

Plus my SSD+HDD Combo is better :hiding:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Sorry I am not a pro but Protocol49 ( in WoT ) is a builder and I go to him with all of my questions .

Wish I could help more .

Alpha Tester
166 posts
842 battles

From personal experience I would avoid CyberPowerPC, just from a quality control standpoint. I bought one 2 years ago for myself and one for my wife, her's started having problems right out of the box, none of the rear panel USBs worked, turns out that they were not plugged into the motherboard. The wires were zip-tied to a bundle and would not even reach where they needed to go. How did that make it past any QC checks they supposedly did?

My computers problem was more subtle and had no impact on operation, but had a major impact on my opinion of the company. After 2 years the fan on the CPU cooler started acting up, nothing that CyberPowerPC did wrong, it was a bad spot in the motor. Warranty was expired, about a month ago, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade the CPU/Motherboard. When I went to install the new motherboard I discovered 3 of the 6 screws that were supposed to be holding the old motherboard in place were not only missing, but were not inside the case, so the system had to have shipped minus 3 screws, also 2 of the screws that were there were cross threaded, damaging both the screws and the brass inserts. A quick trip to a local computer repair store, whose owner and sole employee is a regular customer of mine, and I had new screws and brass inserts. Missing and cross-threaded screws have no real impact on the operation, but being a life-long maintenance technician it shows carelessness and again has a negative impact on my opinion. I will personally never buy another of their computers, nor recommend it to anyone else. Well maybe my Father-in-Law but that is another story......

Edited by hawkeyededic

Sign in to follow this