You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lordholland4293

Boycotting CVs in Clan wars

25 comments in this topic

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles

Founds this on the EU forum.

I havent seen this posted on this forum yet, so i thought id spread some awareness. There is currently work undergoing on an effort by about 100 EU and NA clans to boycott the upcoming CB seasons unless carriers are changed/removed from the mode. Here is the invite message to the discord server:

"For those of you unaware, this past season of clan wars included aircraft carriers, the class that functionally removed destroyers and battleships from the game mode. Due to this, and how utterly terrible and boring this past season was, a number of NA and EU clans have begun to gather to attempt to coordinate a boycott of clan battles if carriers are to be in the game mode in the future. This is being discussed and coordinated within this discord: https://discord.gg/d7Q9CT4

I havent seen this posted on this forum yet, so i thought id spread some awareness. There is currently work undergoing on an effort by about 100 EU and NA clans to boycott the upcoming CB seasons unless carriers are changed/removed from the mode. Here is the invite message to the discord server:

"For those of you unaware, this past season of clan wars included aircraft carriers, the class that functionally removed destroyers and battleships from the game mode. Due to this, and how utterly terrible and boring this past season was, a number of NA and EU clans have begun to gather to attempt to coordinate a boycott of clan battles if carriers are to be in the game mode in the future. This is being discussed and coordinated within this discord: https://discord.gg/d7Q9CT4 We look forward to seeing you there!"

We look forward to seeing you there!"

• Cool 7
  • Boring 4

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

cv truly ruin random and clan battles but getting them removed from clan battles is a start and hopefully wargaming will take this into consideration the amount of people speaking out against how poorly balanced cv are and look into making changes or even just moving cv and subs to their own game mode.

its unrealistic that wargaming will listen to the playerbase from a long history of dealing with them but we HAVE gotten a reaction from the main wargaming office over the boycott server, so there is hope.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,060 posts
36,029 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

its unrealistic that wargaming will listen to the playerbase from a long history of dealing with them but we HAVE gotten a reaction from the main wargaming office over the boycott server, so there is hope.

What did they say?

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles

so we've had the discord growing the past couple days. We were hoping to coordinate and work it with the EU clans and they have joined the discord with a vengeance. We are hoping to get things ironed out and an announcement out next week. At last count there were were over 120 different clans and over 1500 players on the discord so far. THe number of Hurricane and Typhoon clans on there from both EU and NA is unprecedented.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

so we've had the discord growing the past couple days. We were hoping to coordinate and work it with the EU clans and they have joined the discord with a vengeance. We are hoping to get things ironed out and an announcement out next week. At last count there were were over 120 different clans and over 1500 players on the discord so far. THe number of Hurricane and Typhoon clans on there from both EU and NA is unprecedented.

thats great, saw your name on there duck and was like I know him

Members
124 posts
2,067 battles

BOB, The Boycott of Babies.... People who claim to be competitive but cant handle a class in battle so they petition to remove it instead........ WG gaming needs to explain that ALL class have the same right in battle and stand behind their game and run it as it was designed. Funny thing is that clan battles we're kicking every night and we had some with and some not with CVs.  If you cant handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen

I'm sure this is the same type of people who whined over Artillery  claiming they are a broken class.  WOT clan wars are a joke now from what it use to be. Such competitive players calling the shots on whats best for the game . Are we going to have a repeat here? I sure hope not. 

Rather than Boycott. Why not just ask for two CWs event side by side. One with them and one not. This I'm sure will take some work but also make it where a clan can only run in one and not the other.

Edited by motleytanker
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 17

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

I hope Wargaming listens. The player run competitive tournaments have been outstanding and fun to spectate, and they all share something in common. I'd join in, but my clan is pretty much MIA at this point, so I can't participate anyway. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles

Why stop at removing them from CB... CVs should be redone again, until they do... Remove them from the game...

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
13,060 posts
36,029 battles
3 hours ago, motleytanker said:

BOB, The Boycott of Babies.... People who claim to be competitive but cant handle a class in battle so they petition to remove it instead........

Hahaha.  

Hahahahahaha. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,428 posts
694 battles

WEEGEEE doesn't give a flying [edited] about clan wars or the people who play them.

And they won't ever remove CV's. Just like how submarines are gurrenteed to come to random battles come  hell or high water WG has spent far too many resources and time to get rid of CV's.

Also If the rumor mill is to be believed Soviet CV's are on the horizon. or more accurate complete WG fakes are on the horizon just like most of the russian tree already.

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,484 posts
10,518 battles
4 hours ago, motleytanker said:

BOB, The Boycott of Babies.... People who claim to be competitive but cant handle a class in battle so they petition to remove it instead........ WG gaming needs to explain that ALL class have the same right in battle and stand behind their game and run it as it was designed. Funny thing is that clan battles we're kicking every night and we had some with and some not with CVs.  If you cant handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen

I

+1

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
11 hours ago, motleytanker said:

I'm sure this is the same type of people who whined over Artillery  claiming they are a broken class.  WOT clan wars are a joke now from what it use to be. Such competitive players calling the shots on whats best for the game . Are we going to have a repeat here? I sure hope not. 

Rather than Boycott. Why not just ask for two CWs event side by side. One with them and one not. This I'm sure will take some work but also make it where a clan can only run in one and not the other.

7 hours ago, Xplato said:

WEEGEEE doesn't give a flying [edited] about clan wars or the people who play them.

And they won't ever remove CV's. Just like how submarines are gurrenteed to come to random battles come  hell or high water WG has spent far too many resources and time to get rid of CV's.

Also If the rumor mill is to be believed Soviet CV's are on the horizon. or more accurate complete WG fakes are on the horizon just like most of the russian tree already.

10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why stop at removing them from CB... CVs should be redone again, until they do... Remove them from the game...

Quit being ignorant  noobs and look at the discord and see what it being done, you assume

• Meh 1

[NG-NL]
Members
261 posts
9,183 battles

Isn't it nice to have a cause to fight for?

Maybe keep it to 1 new thread each day, though.

P.S. Dark grey text is unreadable to people who use Dark Mode. Normal text works better.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,428 posts
694 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

Quit being ignorant  noobs and look at the discord and see what it being done, you assume

Nothing is being done, or will be done.

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
24 minutes ago, Xplato said:

atleast we can try to reason with wargaming about the terrible content, most of us have already moved on to other games and have no issue dropping this dribble game completely but we enjoy the competitive clan battles so we can make an attempt to convince them to change.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,428 posts
694 battles
7 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

atleast we can try to reason with wargaming about the terrible content, most of us have already moved on to other games and have no issue dropping this dribble game completely but we enjoy the competitive clan battles so we can make an attempt to convince them to change.

Welcome to what anyone with a brain has been saying about arty in World of tanks since it was added in 2012/2013. Now tell me has arty been at all changed to make it less cancerous? nope.

CV's will follow the same way.

• Cool 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
Just now, Xplato said:

Welcome to what anyone with a brain has been saying about arty in World of tanks since it was added in 2012/2013. Now tell me has arty been at all changed to make it less cancerous? nope.

CV's will follow the same way.

it would be unrealistic to expect wargaming to listen to player feedback but its a game we previously cared about and enjoyed playing so there is no harm in trying.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,428 posts
694 battles
9 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

it would be unrealistic to expect wargaming to listen to player feedback but its a game we previously cared about and enjoyed playing so there is no harm in trying.

Pretty much my stance. But I'm extremely jaded after 6 years of WOT and 5 years of WOWS.

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
14 hours ago, motleytanker said:

We can handle them in CW when they become balanced. Currently, they are not so they shouldn't be in that mode.

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
1 hour ago, Xplato said:

WG is somewhat listening - they have nerfed some of the CVs before and they are nerfing Hak in the current test update.

[XXX]
Members
522 posts
939 battles
5 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

WG is somewhat listening - they have nerfed some of the CVs before and they are nerfing Hak in the current test update.

Yeah that Haku nerf isn't a SPECIFIC Haku nerf? You wanna know why they're going a 'global AP bomb nerf'? It's so they can nerf the Enterprise...since she's a premium they can't touch her specifically otherwise according to EU law they HAVE to give a refund for the money spent...and rather just suck it up, eat the cash refunds out of the billions of pounds they've made and put the ship back into the shop, they do 'global' nerfs so they can say it didn't specifically target the Enterprise it was just a 'game wide change'.

They nerfed the Graf Zepplin...the poor thing is on life support as it is. It and the Audacious fight back and forth over being the worst tier 8 CV...

This has bugger all to do with the Clan Wars boycott, I doubt they even CARE about the NA and EU clan wars boycott, sure they might make a token gesture but that's all its going to be.

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles
17 hours ago, motleytanker said:

Thank you so much for your invaluable input sir! I just know that your wise words have come from your many seasons of clan battles experience, or just being in clan period, a hurricane clan I'm sure! I just know that being among the NA server's top clan battles players that you with no doubt have the answer to get us out of this conundrum!......Now, sarcasm aside, your are entitled to your opinion for sure! But, being that you have 0 clan battles experience, and never even been in a clan for that matter, you really don't have a credible opinion on this issue.