You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

Henri IV IFHE nerf?

10 comments in this topic

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
8,874 battles

I seem to be unable to select IFHE after selecting DE on my Henri IV build. 

Does anyone know if something has changed as of late?

Capture 2.PNG

Edited by Systemlord_1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,131 posts
5,990 battles

That cross over it means that It is not recommended. I suggest not taking IFHE in the first place, however, unless you run into a lot of Kurfursts, as you end up ruining a perfectly good fire chance. If you want to annoy a Kurfurst, you're much better off taking the Hindy anyways.

:SerB:

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
8,874 battles
13 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

That cross over it means that It is not recommended. I suggest not taking IFHE in the first place, however, unless you run into a lot of Kurfursts, as you end up ruining a perfectly good fire chance. If you want to annoy a Kurfurst, you're much better off taking the Hindy anyways.

So what you are saying is if I hadn't chosen DE the IFHE would be selectable?

Edited by Systemlord_1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,131 posts
5,990 battles
1 minute ago, Systemlord_1 said:

So what you are saying is if I hadn't chosen DE the IFHE would be selectable?

No. It's not recommended. It's the games way of telling you that "You can, but you really damn shouldn't"

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,424 posts
21,280 battles

You can still pick IFHE if you're really stubborn. It's not disabled.

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
8,874 battles

The reason for selecting the ship is I want to start fires, but had seen Noster's videos and he was using both IFHE, DE and will be happy not to cut my fire chance 50% which kind of waste. I'm on the fence about the last remaining skills, considering RDF because I want to be aggressive when the opportunity presents itself since I have the speed factor, I have the speed boost mod in slot 2. I was also considering Vigilance (and expert loader) not just for me but it would greatly help the team play. 

Edited by Systemlord_1

[PVE]
Members
8,179 posts
24,227 battles
2 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I seem to be unable to select IFHE after selecting DE on my Henri IV build. 

Does anyone know if something has changed as of late?

Capture 2.PNG

Can't see the selection of DE affecting whether IFHE is crossed out or not.

Are you sure it was not crossed out before?

Usually if a skill is not recommended for a ship it will be crossed out from the start...not just triggered by the selection of another skill.

But as stated before...you can always choose any skill for any commander if you have the points...the cross outs are just "recommendations".

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
8,874 battles
9 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Can't see the selection of DE affecting whether IFHE is crossed out or not.

Are you sure it was not crossed out before?

Usually if a skill is not recommended for a ship it will be crossed out from the start...not just triggered by the selection of another skill.

But as stated before...you can always choose any skill for any commander if you have the points...the cross outs are just "recommendations".

Just out of curiosity I selected the IFHE and DE, went into a training room but couldn't tell the difference at all. I still set a lot of fires though which makes me wonder since it's not recommended if anything really changed. 

Edited by Systemlord_1

[PVE]
Members
8,179 posts
24,227 battles
5 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

Just out of curiosity I selected the IFHE and DE, went into a training room but couldn't tell the difference at all. I still set a lot of fires though which makes me wonder since it's not recommended if anything really changed. 

DE increases fire chance...IFHE decreases fire chance but allows you to penetrate thicker armor.

The armor thresholds IFHE allows you to penetrate varies based on the ship.

The amount of armor thresholds you get from putting IFHE on the HenriIV doesn't justify the amount of potential fires that are reduced do to using IFHE overall.

A single training room battle doesn't give you a good sample size as fires are RNG based...sometimes you'll get none & sometimes you'll get a lot.

Also (& more importantly) player ships have fire prevention options (commander skill & signal) that bots in the training room don't get so it will be much easier to start fires in a training room as opposed to an actual battle w/humans.

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
7,417 battles

WIthout IFHE, the Henri IV has an HE penetration of 40mm, and a fire chance of 22%

With IFHE, the penetration is 50mm, and the fire chance is 11%.

With IFHE and DE both, the penetration is 50mm and the fire chance is 13%.

It's really not worth it anymore.  40mm of penetration will punch through all DDs, all CL armor except the main belt, CA bow, stern, and upper belt, all BB bow (excepting the icebreaker on certain ships) and stern, plus the decks of.

• All cruiser deck armor, except that of the RU T10 cruisers: Petroplavlosk, Moskva, and Stalingrad
  • French T8-10 BBs
  • US T8-10 BBs
  • UK T8-10 BBs
  • Russian T8 BB (main deck)

With 50mm of pen, it will punch through these additional decks (and nothing else):

• German T8 BB
  • German T9 BB (about 65% of all deck, with certain portions still immune)
  • German T10 BB
  • Second deck of Russian T8 BB
  • Russian T10 cruisers Petroplavlosk, Moskva, and Stalingrad

So, IFHE gets you maybe 7 ships that you can now hurt. Not worth a 4-point skill.  Frankly, I don't think DE is worth it either. 

• Cool 1