Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Titus_Pullo_13

Flat Trajectory?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
147 posts
3,925 battles

While I enjoy the plunging, high arch shells of many of the ships, which BB or Cruiser guns have the flattest trajectory?

I want to shot lasers for a change even if the range is shorter. 

I've seen too many of my targets get destroyed just before one of my salvos pepper the fiery corpse. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
58 posts
1,585 battles

Russian 180's and 220's, particularly the 1000m/s guns on the Nevsky.

Check the shell velocity in the stats, the faster the shell, the flatter the trajectory.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
147 posts
3,925 battles
16 minutes ago, Mawz77 said:

Russian 180's and 220's, particularly the 1000m/s guns on the Nevsky.

Check the shell velocity in the stats, the faster the shell, the flatter the trajectory.

I'm a long way from the Nevsky but I have the Kirov with 180's. I'll take note of the characteristics. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,771
[KWF]
Members
4,385 posts
6,405 battles
17 minutes ago, Mawz77 said:

Russian 180's and 220's, particularly the 1000m/s guns on the Nevsky.

Check the shell velocity in the stats, the faster the shell, the flatter the trajectory.

That's not necessarily true. Air drag and weight play an equally important role. For example the 100mm of the IJN gunboats that have 1000 m/s start losing speed quickly and at 8km are already floaty.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles
29 minutes ago, FranklinjVI said:

I want to shot lasers for a change even if the range is shorter.

As far as Cruisers go these have great initial velocity.

shot-20_06.27_12_59.25-0138.thumb.jpg.bdd0b5ae85e74454ece4e56374287a81.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_58.44-0387.thumb.jpg.2282a19b3619693ad9df92980899db3d.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_58.28-0418.thumb.jpg.d9b2a15785cb24736bc0f97c32fdb6d4.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_58.17-0267.thumb.jpg.30c35e8f03a51a87d6f80f8c6c40185b.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_55.32-0547.thumb.jpg.ea44a554ea4422a4d7c7262ee2d2619f.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_54.33-0617.thumb.jpg.0c613482328727dc9f81e91e249385fb.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.50-0135.thumb.jpg.7b124161c189d1c1b545c35de79961f2.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.33-0102.thumb.jpg.89ad408f4409df67bc356080eb4dcc82.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.15-0286.thumb.jpg.3761c280f42dcc569c8288ed33506993.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.01-0896.thumb.jpg.06ad6d9ac78d44b63a5bb254bb67f7e1.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_50.31-0442.thumb.jpg.59884d5a1a602214089dc59eb3dec1f0.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_50.15-0059.thumb.jpg.b613f81c4b3bc2ac2d74959d372a19f9.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_49.51-0634.thumb.jpg.625f7538fb60e32390473898b8bd269e.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_49.26-0866.thumb.jpg.9f34bf040a15027c5724b7c4bcc32828.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_48.32-0845.thumb.jpg.88c1ec93977740cb7cd0295abcc04dbe.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_48.13-0115.thumb.jpg.12a196444a5fccb40d182d60b1f724af.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_47.39-0729.thumb.jpg.e4af239b2aebe3868cf5d3d1cf171b48.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_47.07-0228.thumb.jpg.83dec06e201e06095bf1fe9c7dfa6a5f.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_46_46-0041.thumb.jpg.5d654731f3060992a7525a756146c6bd.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_46.28-0814.thumb.jpg.21b80ab153c4c20a30c701f41f26cf93.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_45.43-0173.thumb.jpg.fbf246d203f8abe7d0217fd40580191d.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_45.04-0417.thumb.jpg.11b7cb680cf21f12213dd9445b601dfe.jpg

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
147 posts
3,925 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

As far as Cruisers go these have great initial velocity.

shot-20_06.27_12_59.25-0138.thumb.jpg.bdd0b5ae85e74454ece4e56374287a81.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_58.44-0387.thumb.jpg.2282a19b3619693ad9df92980899db3d.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_58.28-0418.thumb.jpg.d9b2a15785cb24736bc0f97c32fdb6d4.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_58.17-0267.thumb.jpg.30c35e8f03a51a87d6f80f8c6c40185b.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_55.32-0547.thumb.jpg.ea44a554ea4422a4d7c7262ee2d2619f.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_54.33-0617.thumb.jpg.0c613482328727dc9f81e91e249385fb.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.50-0135.thumb.jpg.7b124161c189d1c1b545c35de79961f2.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.33-0102.thumb.jpg.89ad408f4409df67bc356080eb4dcc82.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.15-0286.thumb.jpg.3761c280f42dcc569c8288ed33506993.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_53.01-0896.thumb.jpg.06ad6d9ac78d44b63a5bb254bb67f7e1.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_50.31-0442.thumb.jpg.59884d5a1a602214089dc59eb3dec1f0.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_50.15-0059.thumb.jpg.b613f81c4b3bc2ac2d74959d372a19f9.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_49.51-0634.thumb.jpg.625f7538fb60e32390473898b8bd269e.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_49.26-0866.thumb.jpg.9f34bf040a15027c5724b7c4bcc32828.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_48.32-0845.thumb.jpg.88c1ec93977740cb7cd0295abcc04dbe.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_48.13-0115.thumb.jpg.12a196444a5fccb40d182d60b1f724af.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_47.39-0729.thumb.jpg.e4af239b2aebe3868cf5d3d1cf171b48.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_47.07-0228.thumb.jpg.83dec06e201e06095bf1fe9c7dfa6a5f.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_46_46-0041.thumb.jpg.5d654731f3060992a7525a756146c6bd.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_46.28-0814.thumb.jpg.21b80ab153c4c20a30c701f41f26cf93.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_45.43-0173.thumb.jpg.fbf246d203f8abe7d0217fd40580191d.jpgshot-20_06.27_12_45.04-0417.thumb.jpg.11b7cb680cf21f12213dd9445b601dfe.jpg

 

Great variety.. thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles

Roma has very fast shell velocity for BBs, but dispersion is......special let's just say that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[META_]
Members
1,251 posts
16,123 battles

It's a combination, high shell velocity is nice but she'll size tells how long it'll be flat trajectory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×