Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rokkator

Ranked Sprint queue and BBs

23 comments in this topic

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles

So the queue for this ranked sprint looks like this:

Spoiler

image.png.d0ed78b7075d74e241ab0846711c8984.png

And every single battle I have had so far has been reasonably balanced between the classes:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.31dd5db76419f11819c74957ab42775e.png

I'm just wondering why the MM isn't letting us do 8-on-8 BB battles. 

My secondary-specced Bismarck is itching to go a-brawlin!!

Edited by Rokkator

[UNHLY]
Members
5,056 posts
14,151 battles

Because (as fun as it would be), the MM is designed to make games with 1 cv and a few of each other class. If you’re playing battleships, expect a few minute wait (and unless the numbers have dropped significantly, an extra digit in that battleship number), if you’re playing one of the other classes (especially cruisers and destroyers) you’ll get into battle in a few seconds.

From my trips into ranked, destroyers honestly seem to be the limiting resource in the mm pool this sprint,  and as soon as it gets a few destroyers it grabs the waiting cruisers and carrier pair and whichever 4-6 battleships have been waiting longest.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

who wants to play a destroyer against cv.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

The other team has the same amount of DDs, CVs Cruisers and BBs, you just have to be the better DD is all.

• Cool 1

Members
761 posts
72 battles
12 hours ago, Rokkator said:

Reveal hidden contents

And every single battle I have had so far has been reasonably balanced between the classes:

Reveal hidden contents

My Asashio LOVES the current BB Meta.

• Cool 2

[TNG]
Members
559 posts
11,866 battles
11 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

It's what Lightning's fast smokes were made for.

• Cool 1

[-WD-]
Members
493 posts
9,341 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Still not fast enough.  You sail around at 12 knots and can instantly disappear by smashing T?  Nope.  CV still has the advantage.

• Cool 1

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Yeah and why we have some DDs like Benson, Kidd, Akizuki, and Harekaze that have good AA or at least the potential for good AA. CVs being around have driven up the hassle / cost of my ship captains by having to add BFT skill on top of what ever the minimum number of skill points that a ship requires at minimum before it functions well. Like take Roma for example, I have been doing well in her using the special Admiral Luigi for the captain and just 12 skill points that covers all the basics like CE, AR, SI, PM, but after some relentless CV action in the Sprint today I gave in and spent ECXP on 3 more skill points to get BFT for an +20% in AA damage output.

DDs have been having to undergo similar BFT additions some of which are not as cheap to simply add the skill thanks to some of them having captains that are much higher in level.

[WPORT]
Members
9,875 posts
14,356 battles
16 hours ago, Rokkator said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I saw a similar queue, earlier today when I tried to enter ranked battles with my Kii.

"Nope, I ain't waiting *that* long to get in to a battle", I thought.

Selected my CV's and rotated through most of them, with emphasis on Shokaku for advancing the ship's Captain.  It worked, he gained a skill-point.

Had several good games.  Some wins, some defeats, but plenty of friendly players who brought their "A-game" and made things interesting and fun.  :-)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[WPORT]
Members
9,875 posts
14,356 battles
15 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I play all available ship types.  
What you learn from one helps you play against it with the other.  :-)

[TNG]
Members
559 posts
11,866 battles
4 hours ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Still not fast enough.  You sail around at 12 knots and can instantly disappear by smashing T?  Nope.  CV still has the advantage.

I've had very little issue with CVs while in the Lightning.  By the time your smoke ends, they've gotten bored and gone elsewhere to farm BBs.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah and why we have some DDs like Benson, Kidd, Akizuki, and Harekaze that have good AA or at least the potential for good AA. CVs being around have driven up the hassle / cost of my ship captains by having to add BFT skill on top of what ever the minimum number of skill points that a ship requires at minimum before it functions well. Like take Roma for example, I have been doing well in her using the special Admiral Luigi for the captain and just 12 skill points that covers all the basics like CE, AR, SI, PM, but after some relentless CV action in the Sprint today I gave in and spent ECXP on 3 more skill points to get BFT for an +20% in AA damage output.

DDs have been having to undergo similar BFT additions some of which are not as cheap to simply add the skill thanks to some of them having captains that are much higher in level.

I rarely ever spec for AA (unless I'm a Halland, or MAYBE a Worcester.)  Why buff something that's relative crap anyway?  Not worth it.  

Cvs are most dangerous because of their spotting.  Make yourself annoying by disappearing often and they get bored and leave.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
37 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

I've had very little issue with CVs while in the Lightning.  By the time your smoke ends, they've gotten bored and gone elsewhere to farm BBs.

I rarely ever spec for AA (unless I'm a Halland, or MAYBE a Worcester.)  Why buff something that's relative crap anyway?  Not worth it.  

Cvs are most dangerous because of their spotting.  Make yourself annoying by disappearing often and they get bored and leave.

I am not talking about full AA builds, just a little boost to AA to make it actually do something, and most builds can spare 3 points for the 20% increase in AA effectiveness.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,589 posts
15,337 battles
7 hours ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Was you this morning wasn’t it? Gg

6 hours ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Worked quite well for him. 

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Members
2,307 posts
9,094 battles

This is the worst season of Ranked to date. Not only did WG [edited] up by not having leagues and refusing to match players by rank, they also allowed divisions yet again, didn't pick an odd-numbered tier to remove CVs, and did all of this in a meta that does not allow anyone to play except CVs and BBs. All things that lead to more lopsided autolosses. You can earn more steel just by doing daily missions than playing Ranked at this point.

Even worse? They cap BBs per team at 3, resulting in 8 DD/2CA queuedumps because MM won't empty out the pool of 100+ BBs, which exacerbates the weakness of CA and DD further.

The final straw: let's say you just want the rewards, you don't care about the future of the game and just want to be effective. You'll play a BB...and wait 3-4 minutes in queue because there are literally 100+ of you at any given time and nobody playing any other ship class.

This is just another nail in the coffin. WoWS is [edited]. WG is incompetent.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 2

[DOG]
Members
1,300 posts
13,495 battles

This is why:

image.thumb.png.54c8c774bd20a81222a2569623016fc6.png

Started off playing Lightning.  Won 5 out of 8.  Switched to Massachusetts.  Won 9 out of 10.  And I'm usually much better in DDs than BBs.  Of course, that's because I tend to play aggressively, and doing that in a BB usually gets you focus fired and burned down.  But in ranked, it's not as bad an idea as it is in randoms.  I quit playing Lightning the second time I became the favorite plaything of a CV.

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
559 posts
11,866 battles
19 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Was you this morning wasn’t it? Gg

Worked quite well for him. 

It was.  Nice torp drop as Ducky busted my engine.  But ultimately, this is why I love the RN line.  The ability to vanish every minute or so for about 40 total seconds.  

As you said: works just fine.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,589 posts
15,337 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

It was.  Nice torp drop as Ducky busted my engine.  But ultimately, this is why I love the RN line.  The ability to vanish every minute or so for about 40 total seconds.  

As you said: works just fine.

Of the maps I feel that’s already the strongest dd map in Sprint, Lightning and Cossack can put in real work without 3 ship coordination of a dd, radar and the cv.

by the time you run one of them out of smoke they’ve likely killed your dd and taken map control. And when you had bbs 

like ours :p

[WKY04]
Members
4,063 posts
25,792 battles

Shh. This I why I made it to rank 3 in Cossack quickly. 

[TNG]
Members
559 posts
11,866 battles
55 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Of the maps I feel that’s already the strongest dd map in Sprint, Lightning and Cossack can put in real work without 3 ship coordination of a dd, radar and the cv.

by the time you run one of them out of smoke they’ve likely killed your dd and taken map control. And when you had bbs 

like ours :p

It was mostly down to our Balty hitting his radar just at the right time when I asked.  That and our BBs just managed to live past minute 7.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

I am doing good in my Cossack, still when you have the potato CV it is hard to pull of a win.

I hate playing against CV's!!

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,072 battles
23 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The other team has the same amount of DDs, CVs Cruisers and BBs, you just have to be the better DD is all.

Come on.

The dude you are responding to... Check his stats.

The issue is that CVs are no fun whether or not you are good.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,589 posts
15,337 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

It was mostly down to our Balty hitting his radar just at the right time when I asked.  That and our BBs just managed to live past minute 7.

The Cleveland babysat your Odin that was pushing our spawn well too, kept me from just wrecking him with AP and torps. 

Sign in to follow this