You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Lenin or Bayard?

16 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Hello,

I have a 25% off coupon which I can use to get either the Lenin or Bayard. They are my short list.

So far I have researched their stats on both wows-numbers and wowsft and watched YT reviews.

I like cruisers.  My faves are Salem, New Orleans, Cleveland, Fiji, and Shchors.

Given a choice between a good CA and an equally good CL, I'll usually prefer the heavy.

Which would you recommend for a potato on his way to unicum*? 

:Smile_child:

* Unicum status estimated around 2029-30 A.D.

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,189 battles

Heads it's Lenin, Tails it's Bayard. I assume you have a coin. Sounds like you would prefer the Bayard though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Thanks 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Yeah, it's a dead heat between the two.

Forgot to mention that I read LWM's reviews too.

Do you know if I'll get the option to use the 25% off coupon in the Armory if I buy the ship from the WOWS shop with cash instead of doubloons?

Edited by TheGreatBlasto

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,189 battles
2 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Yeah, it's a dead heat between the two.

Forgot to mention that I read LWM's reviews too.

Do you know if I'll get the option to to use the 25% off coupon in the Armory if I buy the ship from the WOWS shop?

I do not believe that they transfer to the Premium shop. I think the Bayard has made me more XP and such per battle, I haven't used Bayard in Randoms but I have used it more in Co op than the Lenin.

image.thumb.png.1c7ee01fa062882792e7325f602a673b.png

image.thumb.png.c9d91681dc1a1a11890be64e882433f0.png

image.thumb.png.1cc53009432d70d686d9c29ec8825e9a.png

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles

I do not have the Bayard but the lenin is good, with her armor scheme I average more potential damage in it than my massachusetts..... Massachusetts has the quick heals but lenin doesn't catch fire as often so you do not need heals as often..... 

Members
357 posts
5,926 battles

Bayard, easy.

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I like cruisers.  My faves are Salem, New Orleans, Cleveland, Fiji, and Shchors.

Then you'll be right at home with Bayard. I picture here as a much more versatile Cleveland with the ability to go 40+ kts, mount torpedo tubes, and burst down enemy with her main battery reload reload booster (MBRB).

Speed will allow you to evade more easily and reposition when you need to, but the real prize is the MBRB. I can't tell you how many times that has saved me in close-range engagements when I've loaded AP against cruisers.

The ship is frightening for BBs to fight against if you know how to use islands and detectability. The best part is when BBs damage con your fires. If you are in a good position, you can pop your MBRB and by the time their damage con is up, you''ll still have 2-3 salvos of HE in air to proc it again :cap_haloween:

Probably my favorite ship in the game, I think buying her with the coupon is the smartest premium-ship decision I ever made

• Thanks 1

Members
876 posts
5,967 battles

Lenin’s good but doesn’t offer a huge difference from Vladistock as far as play style goes, in my opinion. I’m not much of a cruiser guy but I love the bayard. Some ships are just fun. Zipping around with crazy conceal, speed boost mod, and tons of pew pew is my definition of fun. Just know when to silence your guns and don’t get hit haha.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Thanks to every one.

You guys have me leaning towards the Bayard.  Right now my only French ship is the Richelieu which has gotten me excited about the tree.

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
32 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Thanks to every one.

You guys have me leaning towards the Bayard.  Right now my only French ship is the Richelieu which has gotten me excited about the tree.

Don't forget to pick up the Aigle for coal, she is nice 

[Y0L0W]
Members
641 posts
20,613 battles

I'd get Lenin. Strong BB and fun to play. From the times I played Bayard via rental, it was just like and squishy fire spamming cruiser. Like Smolensk with a french speed boost.

Edit:

Just read your post. If you like cruisers like Cleveland and Shchores, Bayard is probably more suited to your playstyle.

Edited by Bortt
  • Thanks 1

Members
641 posts
90 battles
6 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Hello,

I have a 25% off coupon which I can use to get either the Lenin or Bayard. They are my short list.

So far I have researched their stats on both wows-numbers and wowsft and watched YT reviews.

Given a choice between a good CA and an equally good CL, I'll usually prefer the heavy.

Which would you recommend for a potato on his way to unicum*? 

* Unicum status estimated around 2029-30 A.D.

Buy Bayard and create new CCCP clan, Gallic ships are best....

[RBMKI]
Members
376 posts
6,252 battles

Lenin will consistently get you top billing in Co-Op for quick dismissal of those pesky directive requirements that are now so common.

Nine forward-facing shells of big caliber Stalinium deal massive damage to any targets at brawling ranges, especially when you catch them broadside. Mount a ram flag for even moar hilarity and results.... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by MudRaker227

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles
7 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Do you know if I'll get the option to use the 25% off coupon in the Armory if I buy the ship from the WOWS shop with cash instead of doubloons?

You can buy doubloons in the premium shop with your coupon, and then buy Bayard in the armory with your armory-coupon.
I did that and bought Mainz that way.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
On 6/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Bayard, easy.

Then you'll be right at home with Bayard. I picture here as a much more versatile Cleveland with the ability to go 40+ kts, mount torpedo tubes, and burst down enemy with her main battery reload reload booster (MBRB).

Speed will allow you to evade more easily and reposition when you need to, but the real prize is the MBRB. I can't tell you how many times that has saved me in close-range engagements when I've loaded AP against cruisers.

The ship is frightening for BBs to fight against if you know how to use islands and detectability. The best part is when BBs damage con your fires. If you are in a good position, you can pop your MBRB and by the time their damage con is up, you''ll still have 2-3 salvos of HE in air to proc it again :cap_haloween:

Probably my favorite ship in the game, I think buying her with the coupon is the smartest premium-ship decision I ever made

Sounds really cool. Just Got mine!

Once i played against her as Bagration she eat my HP.

• Cool 1