Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Unless The Four Goal Haul Is back Explain This

19 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
3,264 posts
25,378 battles

Yes I know you can play in other modes but some people just don't and wont.

So how are they suppose to get 10 achievements for the Canada Day Patch in Coop ?

shot-20_06.27_00_40.52-0408.thumb.jpg.485b5a38ee62a8a92ddb825b7a476add.jpg  

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Not the first time this has happened. 

It's so small that any malice would be laughably petty, so I doubt there's anything deliberate involved.

But, after repeated instances it just comes across as sloppy and negligent.  

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,534 posts
18,537 battles

It's poor wording. It's a consequence of the original text being written in another language, with a somewhat different structure.

[UNHLY]
Members
3,264 posts
25,378 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not the first time this has happened. 

It's so small that any malice would be laughably petty, so I doubt there's anything deliberate involved.

But, after repeated instances it just comes across as sloppy and negligent.  

I guess Coop players could mount RAM flags and hope they make it across the front line 10 times, though I cant see a BB at 20 knots getting past 30 plus knot DD's.

WG :Smile_facepalm:    

cheers

Edited by tm63au
  • Haha 1

[UNHLY]
Members
3,264 posts
25,378 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's poor wording. It's a consequence of the original text being written in another language, with a somewhat different structure.

True I can imagine that but really they don't have anyone to translate then proof read, anyway  it is what it is.

cheers  

Edited by tm63au

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,709 battles

This was not a malicious thing. It was a simple error, there is a person that probably went through all the missions adding PvE as an option and didn't note that specific mission.

You CAN do this in Scenarios though if you're a PvE player.

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[ARGSY]
Members
24,534 posts
18,537 battles
Just now, tm63au said:

True I can imagine that but really they don't have anyone to translate then proof read, anyway  it what it is.

cheers  

The people who are translating and proof-reading are, I suspect, also primarily Russian-speakers.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,496 posts
23,959 battles

Just a copy-pasta faux pas.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, tm63au said:

True I can imagine that but really they don't have anyone to translate then proof read, anyway  it what it is.

cheers  

IMO, the language excuse wore out a couple years ago.  

If it was the real problem, they've had more than enough time to fix it -- so either it's not the real problem or they don't care to fix it.  

Doing it in Scenarios would likely involve enduring Defeat at Newport Station multiple times... no thank you. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[-A-8-]
Members
574 posts
23,006 battles
12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

This was not a malicious thing. It was a simple error, there is a person that probably went through all the missions adding PvE as an option and didn't note that specific mission.

-Hapa

Although as the scenario of the week is Defeat Of Newport Naval Station it kinda knocks that one out of the group too :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
11,082 posts
19,206 battles
43 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa 

You could, if you have a full team and play other scenarios. Defeat at Naval Station Newport is hard to even get 1 or 2 stars with a random team. @Hapa_Fodder could you pass on to who ever this stuff gets passed on to, that this Operation needs to be for tier 7 ships or it needs to be toned down a bit. This Operation is not worth even playing in a random team. It's not very fun to know that you will never (OK there is a chance I suppose, maybe 1 out of a few hundred battles) make a 5 star win, so I just don't play your fine game much for a week when it's the Operation. I mean how hard would it be to test this Operation with tier 7 ships. Would it even take 10 minutes for a dev to make the change? It seems to me they would still have 9 minutes to drink their morning coffee. Another tier 7 OP would be much appreciated by the PVE playing population and WG would gain much praise.

Some PVE players are exclusively Co op, not me of course, but yeah, they are excluded. PVE Perks Matter.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,461 posts
30,254 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Yes I know you can play in other modes but some people just don't and wont.

So how are they suppose to get 10 achievements for the Canada Day Patch in Coop ?

shot-20_06.27_00_40.52-0408.thumb.jpg.485b5a38ee62a8a92ddb825b7a476add.jpg  

Just to clarify, you need 10 achievements to complete the Dragon Boat Festival mission.  I'm not sure that trying to get 10 achievements (even in operations) would be worth the effort to get 2 signals and 2 camos (IMHO.)

The Canada Day event requires:

1. Set 10 fires
  2. Earn 1,000,000 credits
  3. Receive 3,000,000 potential damage

[UNHLY]
Members
3,264 posts
25,378 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Just to clarify, you need 10 achievements to complete the Dragon Boat Festival mission.  I'm not sure that trying to get 10 achievements (even in operations) would be worth the effort to get 2 signals and 2 camos (IMHO.)

The Canada Day event requires:

1. Set 10 fires
  2. Earn 1,000,000 credits
  3. Receive 3,000,000 potential damage

Thought it was altogether as one event, either way its still makes life difficult for those Coop players keen to do this event.

cheers   

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

OP did you miss the 20 other threads on this? :Smile_hiding:

You can earn these achievements in the other coop. They call it scenarios. I did 8/10 in there between yesterday and today.

• Boring 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,078 posts
14,256 battles

To be fair, there are achievements you can earn in co-op currently (all the naval warfare achievements unless they’ve been changed since I got them four years ago). I doubt anyone playing for this mission hasn’t already completed them, but the possibility is still there. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,309 posts
24,204 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Ah, what Achievements are in Scenarios?  I don't ever remember seeing a Kraken or First Blood???  Is there a list somewhere?  And, since the scenarios were monkey'd with, I haven't played them in weeks....  Nor, has anyone else I sail with.....

I'd appreciate where to look for what is available in Scenarios.

Members
4,168 posts
14,887 battles
11 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Ah, what Achievements are in Scenarios?  I don't ever remember seeing a Kraken or First Blood???  Is there a list somewhere?  And, since the scenarios were monkey'd with, I haven't played them in weeks....  Nor, has anyone else I sail with.....

I'd appreciate where to look for what is available in Scenarios.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

Actually a bunch more than I thought.

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,309 posts
24,204 battles
50 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

Actually a bunch more than I thought.

Thank you.  For some reason, those achievements never equated to "random level achievements."  Getting ten of them will take a long time I suspect..........    Thanks again.

@Hapa_Fodder is there a place when links provided above could be saved in our accounts.   Like a reference library in the Captains Logbook??? 

Sign in to follow this