You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Champagne is here...

116 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,481 posts
22,355 battles

Report on Reddit that Champagne appeared in their Armory (EU).

If interested in the ship check the armory after the update and see if NA gets it/it's true

EDIT - it's in SEA premium shop now too

https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wows/filter/?cd=3741267792

EDIT 2 - it is showing as a banner on NA premium shop but the ship isn't there yet so I guess it really is coming today.

EDIT 3 - ship is now available in NA premium shop...

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/?utm_content=cm-top&utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wows-portal

EDIT 4 - Server back up so here are some pics. 1st is the dark or default camo color scheme and second is the light alternate camo color scheme. I like the alternate one and that is what I will run...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 7

Members
4,060 posts
10,082 battles

But is it really Champagne though? If it didn’t come from that specific region of France, it can only be called sparkling Gascogne. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 1

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
903 posts

I saw the ship, but looks like it was removed... Before i could buy her.

ps: at least on website.

Edited by Felipe_1982

[ARGSY]
Members
18,872 posts
13,133 battles

Looks nice. Time will tell how useful she is. Saw a couple of vids (Angry Nerd, Carbine Carlito) and Carlito's at least seemed to show her handling pretty well in Randoms. He seemed to think she wasn't the best brawler, though (bow and stern side armour vulnerable to the secondaries of BBs she faces); so @AdmiralThunder, it will be interesting to see what you make of her.

I felt absolutely certain that Champagne coming was going to mean Warhammer going; I was genuinely surprised to see the Warhammer Amagis still there this morning. Spurred by this concern, I bought the Ignis Purgatio last night (I was going to get her anyway; this just accelerated the process) and there are no surprises. It's exactly what @LittleWhiteMouse says it is, but the premium benefits are nice.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,177 posts
13,469 battles

Yep, banner is up in the Premium Shop, but no option to buy as of 7:30am EST.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
652 posts
6,083 battles

Yep saw it.  Still only a placeholder banner at the moment

[FORM]
Members
1,434 posts
10,316 battles
1 minute ago, KaiserWilhelmShatner said:

Dead link in the premium shop.  In the armory it is 12,800 doubloons for the basic bundle.

Where? It is definitely tier 8, so I filtered by T8 BB and I'm not seeing it... 20200626074128_1.thumb.jpg.06dc1c1fb6a0b16fd6efe51bc2c6e8c9.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
25,656 posts
22,602 battles

Forgot this thing was in testing.  I remember now a particular thread we had discussing some WiP nerfs it had, but apparently it was done to reign the ship in or something.

For those curious, here's Fitting Tool entries for Champagne and Tech Tree Richelieu.

Artillery Chart with Champagne, Richelieu, NC, Amagi, Vladivostok.

Champagn's AP has excellent shell flight characteristics. Most unusual is how extraordinarily strong the AP is in penetration.

sQpUVIn.jpg

I didn't take a long look to compare, just cursory glances at the guns / shells.  No special bounce angles, no short fused AP.

In all likeliness I'll probably get this thing later today, but after I pore through the stats and compare.  I have to go to sleep.

FR BBs are solid ships, I expect Champagne to continue that, but it still needs scrutiny.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Champagne_1920x1

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 2

Beta Testers
148 posts
9 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Where? It is definitely tier 8, so I filtered by T8 BB and I'm not seeing it... 20200626074128_1.thumb.jpg.06dc1c1fb6a0b16fd6efe51bc2c6e8c9.jpg

Under the Featured tab.

ship.PNG

[ARGSY]
Members
18,872 posts
13,133 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

They seem to suddenly be adding a lot of AP with good ballistics and pen at longer ranges...

They want Kremlin to get drunk on Champagne and die of liver failure. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,013 posts
16,156 battles

IChase's review is up on YouTube. He does a nice job describing it's strengths and weaknesses. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

[WOLF5]
Members
907 posts
8,041 battles

Per @Ensign_Cthulhu's comment I look forward to learning from @AdmiralThunder how she plays in Coop.....looks like she would be best played on the back row, angled on to protect that 25 mm bow and targeting ships 20km away; not exactly the typical Coop battle....

[-K-]
Members
8,177 posts
13,469 battles
18 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Forgot this thing was in testing.  I remember now a particular thread we had discussing some WiP nerfs it had, but apparently it was done to reign the ship in or something.

For those curious, here's Fitting Tool entries for Champagne and Tech Tree Richelieu.

Artillery Chart with Champagne, Richelieu, NC, Amagi, Vladivostok.

Champagn's AP has excellent shell flight characteristics. Most unusual is how extraordinarily strong the AP is in penetration.

sQpUVIn.jpg

I didn't take a long look to compare, just cursory glances at the guns / shells.  No special bounce angles, no short fused AP.

In all likeliness I'll probably get this thing later today, but after I pore through the stats and compare.  I have to go to sleep.

FR BBs are solid ships, I expect Champagne to continue that, but it still needs scrutiny.

Didn't this ship get nerfed hard during one of the recent tests?

[ARGSY]
Members
18,872 posts
13,133 battles
1 minute ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Forgive my ignorance,  but isn't this a Gasqoine?

In layout she is; however, she's had her quad 15 inch turrets stripped out and replaced with 16-inch triples. She also seems to have received health pool and armour nerfs.

[REVY]
Members
2,137 posts
11,584 battles
3 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Forgive my ignorance,  but isn't this a Gasqoine?

well.....

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In layout she is; however, she's had her quad 15 inch turrets stripped out and replaced with 16-inch triples. She also seems to have received health pool and armour nerfs.

ninja'd

[PHD]
Members
1,311 posts
5,768 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

well.....

ninja'd

Thanks for the info! :Smile_honoring:

I am at work and just checking in with my phone. I have the other French BBs even if I  only play Dunkerque at present.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,656 posts
22,602 battles
27 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Didn't this ship get nerfed hard during one of the recent tests?

It did, the HP is low like Odin is for the tier.  But apparently there's more. Someone linked iChase's review of the ship, check it out.  There's some crazy strengths and just as crazy weaknesses to the ship.

• Thanks 1

[REVY]
Members
2,137 posts
11,584 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Someone linked iChase's review of the ship, check it out.

I'd rather wait for Littlewhitemouse

HAvRgUA.png

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WOLFB]
Members
3,105 posts
6,907 battles

Like always I like ichase video and this ship isnt for me but I can see why people will want her. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,872 posts
13,133 battles
21 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Someone linked iChase's review of the ship, check it out.

The narration is cringeworthy. Yes, the ship is best at range. Yes, it was fun to make one joke about social distancing. But it very quickly wears thin, and then it gets awkward fast. He takes every opportunity to build his entire narrative around stereotypes of social distancing, social awkwardness, guys who live in their mothers' basements, and overcompensation by means of acquiring large guns.

I had to stop watching after a just few minutes. Whether or not it's true, it gave me the feeling of listening to someone who fits that stereotype talk about himself and/or his prejudices without knowing it. I need brainbleach. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2