You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IRISHSDOWN

Have you taken a break yet?

35 comments in this topic

[SAPP]
Members
110 posts
9,288 battles

So, I know the game has its flaws but I enjoy it.....but.....I've played it so long I think I need a break from it.  How long was your break?  I'm just gonna try for a while and see if I miss it.  I just don't want to come back to find out we have laser guided missiles or something.  Peace!!

• Cool 1

Banned
1,684 posts

As i see it the longer your away the worse WG makes the game for comebacks. Leave now with Subs in sub mode battles when you come back they will be in every mode. CV's will be unstoppable with massive buffs to its birds. DD's will be port queens. BB's will be fodder for Subs and CV birds. Any hope for CA's will be in fast smoking rapid fire starting form. The future of WG is disintegrating and They seem to enjoy the frustration they hand out to the player base.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts

Took a break for a couple years. Came back because my buddy irl wanted to division in it.
Since then the longest I've gone was maybe 2-4 weeks, engrossed in another game.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles
3 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Took a break for a couple years. Came back because my buddy irl wanted to division in it.
Since then the longest I've gone was maybe 2-4 weeks, engrossed in another game.

Same.

2 years

[PHU]
Members
337 posts
6,006 battles

My last break was around the time of the Azur Lane event. It was around 4 months I think. Played a bunch of other games on Steam I wanted to play. If you're feeling burnout, definitely take a break. The point is to have fun, so if you're not having it, go do other things.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I left pre CV rework.  Came back during the Italian Cruisers event.  I then just took a week break from this game to calm my mind.  I now limit myself to 5 games a day (if that, less)

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles

A week or so when on vacation?

Otherwise no real break since 09/15.

Haven’t played Randoms/Ranked with any real seriousness since my Dad died three years ago.

[--K--]
Members
5,424 posts
18,723 battles

Lately I've taken a day or two off because of personal real life commitments. Leaving me with little time to play WoWs.

But even than some days I log in and log off after a few games because I'm disgusted with the state of the game and how some ships have been treated. Not even 40 steel for daily missions is enough to keep me playing against Random Teams and the Spread Sheet. For instance last night I took out the Khaba and the Shima and immediately regretted that decision as both of these ships are crap in the current meta. To many Radars, Carriers and ships with shells that hit like a train.  

I'm honestly wondering how long WoWs can keep up this crap. 

• Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Members
821 posts
11,441 battles

I don't think I've had a long break since I began in 2015.
Only like 1-3 days of not playing.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,479 posts
23,914 battles

Been at this game since start of open beta in July 2015. My only breaks were forced breaks (no internet access). I did decrease the number of games I play in Random but picked up more Co-op and Scenario battles.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,073 posts
14,206 battles

When I first started playing at the end of open beta, I didn’t play anywhere near as regularly as I do now, so I might play a day and then not play for the next week. Since I started playing regularly, the longest was about three and a half months (mid June to early October 2018) when my parents and I were packing up one house to sell after I graduated college, then spending two weeks driving across the country to move me for grad school and getting settled into a new apartment and first quarter. Before and after that, I’ve had shorter periods where my schedule didn’t allow me to play but they typically only lasted a week or two. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,505 posts
11,131 battles

I left the game for about 3 months during the start of the CV rework and am so glad that I did. I am now down to playing one or two low tier battles first thing in the morning (6 am) and perhaps an hour everyday during the early evening (perhaps 5 or so battles). Becoming so tired of so many multiple currencies and various ships behind an ever-growing set of paywalls.

I understand that WG wants to encourage evermore battles being played but will note that this could be accomplished by simply making the game more fun rather than just developing a continuous stream of different grinds....

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles

Hmm, I have yet to take a long break. It would seem I have a tendency to commit to something I passionately  care about. A character trait that is recently despised. I think I landed the TARDIS in the wrong time period...

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts
3 hours ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

So, I know the game has its flaws but I enjoy it.....but.....I've played it so long I think I need a break from it.  How long was your break?  I'm just gonna try for a while and see if I miss it.  I just don't want to come back to find out we have laser guided missiles or something.  Peace!!

After 18-24 months or so of play I decided to take a break which ended up being around 6 months long - I just found other games to play; there are plenty out there.

My return to game and the last year of play has resulted in less and less games. More and more gimmicks are introduced and the play doesn't seem as balanced, as the MM doesn't seem to be able to balance the number of gimmicks. I am practically full time Co-Op now and have no wish to jump on the WG Cash Cow Train of grind after grind. Have to admit the Co-Op environment is great and is what has now probably kept me playing the game - a great bunch of people!

I'll keep playing until I get sick and tired then take a break; who knows for how long?  :Smile_honoring:

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles

I am prepared to take a break at any point if I feel I need to by having a very nice reserve supply of 160+ million credits, over 3 million free XP,  well over a hundred ships on hand in port with adequate captains for them if not excellent captains, and I also keep varying amounts of Elite Captain XP, signal flags, and Camo paints on hand. So if I were to take a break for indefinite period of time I can come back and jump right into what ever the meta and new ships are by what ever means are necessary to play in the given meta at the time.

Optimally though if I were to schedule myself a lengthy break from WOWs I would be ok with the resource amounts on hand I mentioned above. But would need to try and ensure I had 1-3+ million Elite Captain XP on hand just in case it were needed upon my return. Some ships and ship lines are not exactly low point captain friendly and having an appropriately leveled up captain can be essential. And recently I kind of had to deplete my ECXP reserves down to 100k -500k range instead of the millions I sometimes have had / where I like to try and keep on hand.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
8 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I left the game for about 3 months during the start of the CV rework and am so glad that I did. I am now down to playing one or two low tier battles first thing in the morning (6 am) and perhaps an hour everyday during the early evening (perhaps 5 or so battles). Becoming so tired of so many multiple currencies and various ships behind an ever-growing set of paywalls.

I understand that WG wants to encourage evermore battles being played but will note that this could be accomplished by simply making the game more fun rather than just developing a continuous stream of different grinds....

Lol I was forced into months of break time due to WOWs technical issues for MACs then I ran into hardware issue that I had to fix. But ironically it saved me from the most brutal time period of the CV Rework based on what was happening in the Forum. But at least I had been able to accept full compensation for both USN and IJN CV lines tiers 4-9 quite made me a fortune in credits and FXP. Also was able to reset all my CV captains for free and have them available for use on other ships. So I would say things worked out very well for me since I got the wealth from the CV Rework and only was able to return to playing after the worst imbalances were resolved.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,041 posts
17,421 battles

I haven't taken time away from WoWS since I started playing in Open Beta.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles

Why would I want to take a break from this? It's so much fun!

Do I understand the desire to drop a particular game for a while and pick up something else? Hell yeah. But not this one and not at this time. 

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
796 posts
7,267 battles

Last time I took a major break, the ARP promo was on its first go-around.  About a year long hiatus or so.  Didn't think I'd return.  MOBA's were occupying me at the time.

[--V--]
Members
1,540 posts
14,283 battles

After CV Rework garbage, took off for a few months.  Came back occasionally to see if they'd fix the problems.  After about 6-7 months I realized WG had no intention of fixing the real problems with the CVs,,, still don't,,,, so I just keep playing occasionally.   Nothing like the 30+ matches per day I was playing before CV Rework.

[CNO]
Members
6,594 posts
19,839 battles

My only breaks are forced (due to life's challenges).  Some days I can play several matches...some days none.  I play across tiers and different types, so lots of variety.  And still have a LOT of new (for me) ships to learn.  WG cranks 'em out way to fast...so I'm way behind...probably never catch up.  But that's OK.  Having plenty of fun with what I've got.  

[FFG30]
Members
49 posts

I take 1 -2 day breaks I have only played  14 months, I do not play random all that much , I got some great help from the people on the forums was play random all the time but the MM was hard to overcome. So now I  play Co Op and some operations. I still will do a day or two away as the MM gets bad even in Co op . I work on my shooting skills in Co op. Glue my eyes to the Mini Map

Members
158 posts
1,630 battles

several, longest one was almost a year and then i started playing on this account to start from scratch and regrind what i had, long before the RB was introduced unfortunately.