Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

Peeps really want to play BB. LOL

26 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
1,300 posts
13,482 battles

I've played about half Lightning and half Massachusetts.  Never had to wait more than a few seconds when playing Lightning.  LOL

image.thumb.png.c1b544bf614d2d4efb100cc7f534ce8b.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

Another reason I switched to cruiser was the waiting time. Battleship wait seemed quite long whereas with the cruiser I went right in. Worked for me because I wanted to try playing cruisers anyway; helped me rank out so win win. 

EPIC WIN - Very Demotivational - Demotivational Posters | Very ...

• Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
564 posts

I feel like they should have left the MM alone and allowed 4 or 5 or 6 Battleships...  its what the people want to use so what if its a field of mostly BB's.. it is what it is.. why did they limit them..  sort of like dont fix what isnt broken

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,026 battles
4 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I feel like they should have left the MM alone and allowed 4 or 5 or 6 Battleships...  its what the people want to use so what if its a field of mostly BB's.. it is what it is.. why did they limit them..  sort of like dont fix what isnt broken

So they can shove CVs down our throats, of course. If they relaxed the ship type of restrictions everyone would switch the battleships so they could avoid aircraft carriers.

Again, and again the developers show that they know no one wants to play with aircraft carriers. They simply don't care.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 4

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

There is a CV in every game. No wonder everyone wants to play BB.

Members
156 posts
3,492 battles

Earlier I was trying to get a game in my North Carolina. Had to wait about three minutes before the MM could finally fit me in. Meanwhile, my Akizuki and Mogami got in in like 5 seconds. Kind of shows the current state of the meta...

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

who would want to play cruiser or dd when cv exist?

• Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
564 posts
2 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

who would want to play cruiser or dd when cv exist?

actually between the t8's i got i think ill take the Cleveland over the Roma if cv's are in the match...  the poor Roma isnt that good with AA and they pick on it.  The Cleveland is better.   lol

[WOLF1]
Members
6,321 posts
1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

CVs want to play, too, but they get limited, and you're fine with that.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander as well.

Don't like your own medicine given back to you?

• Meh 1

Members
907 posts

I've only taken the HSF Harekaze out so far, as it's one of my favorite DDs and I am using both the 100s and my 19 pt IJN gunboat captain. I'm not overly concerned with carriers, and almost no one dares to take a radar cruiser out. The few losses I've had boiled down to a Mass. or a Tirp not playing well, and I have a feeling that these are folks who bought into higher tiers without the requisite experience.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,562 battles

Would love to see someone from WG or maybe a mod chime in to try give us the company line to explain this. Wondering what spin the spreadsheet comes up with.

[-ICE-]
Members
564 posts
5 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

CVs want to play, too, but they get limited, and you're fine with that.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander as well.

Don't like your own medicine given back to you?

Makes no sense.. if 100 bb's are waiting and 2 carriers then most games are carrier free. I don't get ur post but ok. Rem this is ranked sprint a quick specialty not random

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Boring 1

Banned
1,684 posts
4 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

I've played about half Lightning and half Massachusetts.  Never had to wait more than a few seconds when playing Lightning.  LOL

image.thumb.png.c1b544bf614d2d4efb100cc7f534ce8b.png

In the directives there is a mission for 1900 000 damage and one for 24 000 000 potential

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It's a snapshot of a particular point in time.

I am not saying it hasn't been the norm, but it would be good to have WG 'comment' on what they think has led to these ratios, should they continue.

@Hapa_Fodder @Mademoisail

This is what the matchmaking has looked like for this ranked sprint no matter when it is. Huge lines of BB's, minimal everything else.

That last ranked sprint was nothing like this, even though BB's got the most out of the arms race mode.

People don't want to take ships that lose half their health from one attack by a carrier into a ranked mode.

It doesn't help that most of the maps in this season have poor terrain for cruisers.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,735 posts
11,257 battles
4 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Makes no sense.. if 100 bb's are waiting and 2 carriers then most games are carrier free. I don't get ur post but ok. Rem this is ranked sprint a quick specialty not random

That’s not how the MM system works in ranked and ranked sprint. The system tries to make a game that isn’t all BBs (I’m not sure what the exact limit is), so BBs are stuck in the queue waiting on CVs, cruisers, and DDs. Remember, there is no limit to how long you can be waiting for a battle in this mode, so there are no queue dumps. As soon as these other classes (including CVs) populate the queue in appropriate numbers, MM drops them and the BBs that have been waiting the longest into a match. If CVs were few relative to DDs and cruisers, we would see more matches without a CV. But they are not, so we don’t.

The limits on CVs in randoms often make CVs players spend quite a bit of time sitting in the queue. It just so happens that the meta of this ranked sprint forces that wait on BB players instead.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
660 posts
20 battles

Well BB's are historically well known, they have big guns which appeal to some people, they are a very strong type in WoWs, and they are by far the easiest to play ships in the game.  This leads to them being rather popular.

So, especially in something like ranked where people want a ship they feel comfortable in, playing BB's is like hugging their mum.

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts
1 hour ago, macktkau2 said:

This is what the matchmaking has looked like for this ranked sprint no matter when it is. Huge lines of BB's, minimal everything else.

That last ranked sprint was nothing like this, even though BB's got the most out of the arms race mode.

People don't want to take ships that lose half their health from one attack by a carrier into a ranked mode.

It doesn't help that most of the maps in this season have poor terrain for cruisers.

Absolutely no disrespect to you macktau2 - if that is what you have seen then that is what you have seen. Your logic of taking something sub optimal into battle can also not be faulted.

But your experience of matchmaking, is your experience - one persons (I'm not saying others will not have had a similar experience).

I was just commenting that it would nice if WG could produce the figures and possibly explain (if it remains as above) why THEY think it is the way it is. I would find it interesting, when they indicate they want all players/ship types to have an equal chance to feel 'engaged' when playing the game - that the ratio above indicates they do not.

Again, that is if the ratio presented above remains. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
83 posts
8,779 battles

i have had a heap of cv free games,  and they are too busy farming the BB's to bother with me anyway. i am a new starter in akizuki, and my biggest problem has been the other DD's

Members
4,671 posts
45,422 battles
3 hours ago, kishan99 said:

It is because of CVs

Wooster..Commanded by Colonel Sanders.

CV..Commanded by (Redacted) 

CV: "What's the matter Colonel Sanders, Chicken!?"

Wooster: "Prepaaaahhh..Prepare ship, for DFAAm and evasive action...Fwawk! I forgot to load AA signals!" 

0 posts
3 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

This

and until WG admits that this is problem we have a problem

• Boring 1

[DOG]
Members
1,300 posts
13,482 battles
12 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Yeah, I don't see the need to limit the number of BBs in a battle.  When I'm playing a DD, I'd love to play against 6 BBs and 1 DD.  Hilarity would ensue.  Or, alternatively, it might be cool to get an all BB game now and then.  See what it's like to have capital ships face off in a battle line.

Sign in to follow this