Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Synpax

CUTER, The Clan that Quit Competitive + Win a Premium Ship!

19 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
184 posts
14,725 battles

[CUTER]'s Zui comes by to shed light on what happens when a stalwart of the competitive scene decides to step back and take a more casual approach to the game.  Check out Hapa's forum contest for a chance to win a free tier 6!

https://anchor.fm/the-new-guys/episodes/Episode-031-CUTER--The-Clan-that-Quit-Competitive--Win-a-Premium-Ship-efu2h6

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[OIL-1]
Members
1,487 posts

Piggybacking on the Community Manager to get views. Interesting.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[T-D-M]
Members
127 posts
18,554 battles

Thanks for the heads up on the Hapa_Fodder ship give away in this weeks contest. I would have missed it, if you hadn’t done what Hapa_Fodder has asked us to all do. 

“Feel free to advertise these contests to your friends! The more people that participate the more stuff I intend to start giving away! If you notice, I have increased the camo I have been giving away, so help ME, help YOU.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa”

I try to pass the word on Hapa’s contests whenever I see an opportunity as well. 

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,573 battles

That interview was like pulling teeth. Did you guys even chat with him for five minutes beforehand?

In a nutshell, the CUTER guy said CUTER in general hated the CV rework (shocker!) and basically decided once CVs came into CBs they were done. There was apparently also some internal drama as well which wasn't elaborated on.

The CUTER guy also lamented power creep and Russian bias going back to Stalingrad.

At this point, only about five CUTER members are active in WOWs.

And the rest either went to other clans or are playing war lightning.

Lots of stuff about weebs, anime and other extraneous nonsense in the first 20 minutes of the interview.

The end.

• Cool 5
  • Haha 2

[V1-PI]
Members
442 posts
10,314 battles
17 minutes ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

That interview was like pulling teeth. Did you guys even chat with him for five minutes beforehand?

In a nutshell, the CUTER guy said CUTER in general hated the CV rework (shocker!) and basically decided once CVs came into CBs they were done. There was apparently also some internal drama as well which wasn't elaborated on.

The CUTER guy also lamented power creep and Russian bias going back to Stalingrad.

Lots of stuff about weebs, anime and other extraneous nonsense in the first 20 minutes of the interview.

The end.

thank you for the cliff notes sir

[OIL-1]
Members
1,487 posts
17 minutes ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

The end.

So, more childish whining. Sounds about right. Thanks for enduring the suffrage to bring us the condensed version. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,573 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

So, more childish whining. Sounds about right. Thanks for enduring the suffrage to bring us the condensed version. 

Not exactly. This sentiment as to CVs is very widespread in this game. They just decided because of it they were done. But there seemed to be other peripheral internal factors involved as well. Have a look around and you'll see what the general consensus is regarding CVs in CBs. I sure don't see anyone saying, oh, hurray CVs in CBs! Can't wait. It's the polar opposite.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,487 posts
1 hour ago, M_113 said:

Feel free to advertise these contests to your friends!

I think he meant real friends. He's perfectly capable of spamming the forums by himself if that's what he wanted.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,487 posts
12 minutes ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

Not exactly. This sentiment as to CVs is very widespread in this game. They just decided because of it they were done. But there seemed to be other peripheral internal factors involved as well. Have a look around and you'll see what the general consensus is regarding CVs in CBs. I sure don't see anyone saying, oh, hurray CVs in CBs! Can't wait. It's the polar opposite.

People have been complaining about CVs since before the rework.
I have been complaining about CVs since they were called Artillery in the tank game.
Today everyone is complaining that subs are gonna ruin the game.
Does any of this matter? No.
Why?
Because WG has a well documented history of not giving a crap what the players think,
which dates back to the days of closed beta WoT.

So complaining is just a waste of time. Either deal with it or move on.

Is this the demise of wows? Maybe.
But it doesn't matter, because there are plenty of other games to play.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,573 battles
2 minutes ago, z9_ said:

People have been complaining about CVs since before the rework.
I have been complaining about CVs since they were called Artillery in the tank game.
Today everyone is complaining that subs are gonna ruin the game.
Does any of this matter? No.
Why?
Because WG has a well documented history of not giving a crap what the players think,
which dates back to the days of closed beta WoT.

Is this the demise of wows? Maybe.
But it doesn't matter, because there are plenty of other games to play.

This is all true, yes.

And complaining may be a waste of time.

The majority of the community seems to want one thing or another changed. None of it adds up to balance.

I think people just hope things ultimately change. But it does seem that won't be the case.

Believe me, my eyes are open elsewhere. They have been. We won't be here forever. Straws. Camel's back. Attrition. Etc.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,780 posts
25,578 battles
4 minutes ago, z9_ said:

So complaining is just a waste of time. Either deal with it or move on..

But complaining about others complaining is not a waste of time? I fail to see the logic. 

Not sure you are the arbiter of what can be complained about/talked about/discussed on the forum. Players, often called customers by the more knowledgeable folk, have every right to complain about a product they spend their money on. They can complain and quit, quit then complain, or just keep playing and complain. As long as they are within the rules of the board, they can pretty much discuss how they feel about what is going on. 

Not sure there has ever been a forum dedicated to any game (to my knowledge) where players have not complained. Maybe it is you that should get over it and face the reality that people are going to complain about a product no matter how well it is put together. 

[OIL-1]
Members
1,487 posts
16 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

But complaining about others complaining is not a waste of time? I fail to see the logic. 

Not sure you are the arbiter of what can be complained about/talked about/discussed on the forum. Players, often called customers by the more knowledgeable folk, have every right to complain about a product they spend their money on. They can complain and quit, quit then complain, or just keep playing and complain. As long as they are within the rules of the board, they can pretty much discuss how they feel about what is going on. 

Not sure there has ever been a forum dedicated to any game (to my knowledge) where players have not complained. Maybe it is you that should get over it and face the reality that people are going to complain about a product no matter how well it is put together.

Don't feel bad. I fail to see the logic as well.
Complaining, is what game forums are all about. Probably just an outlet for people to rant.
You see, I could write a tutorial on how to be a better player, but the moderators would delete it within 10 minutes.
And before you call my bluff, (as most people in these forums seem to do), consider this.

All game companies do the same thing. That's why Reddit was invented.
Reddit was great for about 10 years, we all went there for info, but then they sold out.
Now, for 50 bucks a month, WG can buy moderator rights to the wows reddit section, and delete anything they want.

In fact, Fartnite recently removed its forums altogether, and no longer releases patch notes.

Why am I here? To take a break from the mundane grind that I put myself through, in order to get the next shiny toy.
There's still good stuff in this forum, but I've read most of it, and if you're looking at current topics,
80% of it's complaining, so there's not much else to comment on.

[RSL]
Beta Testers
672 posts
9,576 battles
1 hour ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

The end.

Based on your summary it sounds like an episode to avoid. I thought nothing could top Episode 23 with the cringe inducing description of HMS Renown, and the ignorance about the Know Nothing Party.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

Looks like moving on is what they're doing, and giving their reasons why, but you're here calling it childish whining.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
273 posts
7,532 battles
2 hours ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

The end.

Great cliff notes

[OIL-1]
Members
1,487 posts
16 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Looks like moving on is what they're doing, and giving their reasons why, but you're here calling it childish whining.

Why give a reason? I'll just play less and less until other games take all my time.
Nobody cares if you're leaving a game. Even your own family members don't care.
The only people who stop to make a statement as they're walking out the door, is little whiner babies.
When I quit a job, I go to the next job, or go looking for a job. The boss doesn't care why I quit,
and neither do my co-workers. I'll find new friends at my next job.

• Boring 2

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

Prestige clans more or less disband or stop playing competitively because of the CV rework, and WG doesn't see the dead canary in the mine yet?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TNG]
Members
184 posts
14,725 battles

CUTER was a major clan for a long time, and their record in competitive is matched or surpassed by very, very few clans. 

I thought their legacy deserved a retrospective, and we decided to give their leader a place speak.

Not every episode is sunshine and roses, and the subject matter at hand, the death of a once great clan, isn't a cheerful moment, no doubt. 

Anyway, I want to thank all of you that listened, even if it wasn't the most enjoyable episode. We always strive to do better. 

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this