You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MBRicochet

I guess I must be a sub human spud. Forever cursed in ranked.

15 comments in this topic

[ENDO]
Members
201 posts
5,411 battles

Because clearly spuds clump up in match making and stay together like a cluster of herpes-sores. 6 losses in a row. Then I get a win, then another 5+ losses.  It's always the exact same. Enemy team rolls in together and just thrashed everything while half my team screws off to the edges of the maps. Half of them don't even have camos on, and I'm the idiot trying to actually be anywhere to cover a damn objective. I cannot do anything. I cannot out play this MM. I doesn't matter what I play, or how well I play. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,354 posts
25,622 battles

So you're one of those waiting for other teammates to carry you, Get Gurd Son!

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
12,790 battles

Reevaluate your positioning. Remember you’re the only constant every game. If you want you can send me a replay and I could give you some pointers over a discord call.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Hide your stats so we can't tell how much of the problem you might be contributing to, then complain about teammates.  Solid thread.

Ranked is about two things:

1. The skill to carry your team to victory more often than not, no matter what collection of knuckle-draggers and mouth breathers the MM gives you.

2. The patience to keep going long enough for the good teams and the bad teams to even out, so you can earn a ranking that you deserve.

The less of #1 you have, the more of #2 you need.

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,919 battles

If you're playing well(not just xp) and majority of the matches in the top half of the team it'll come..... I work half the year and play games and poker the other half..... I can get A, A  cracked 5 hands in a row but the law of averages will catch up... I know it doesn't always feel like it will but 2+2=4 so play well and it'll come... 

Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles

World of warships comes with world full of Potato's it's all part of the game................................... 

Beta Testers
272 posts
5,131 battles
24 minutes ago, MBRicochet said:

Because clearly spuds clump up in match making and stay together like a cluster of herpes-sores. 6 losses in a row. Then I get a win, then another 5+ losses.  It's always the exact same. Enemy team rolls in together and just thrashed everything while half my team screws off to the edges of the maps. Half of them don't even have camos on, and I'm the idiot trying to actually be anywhere to cover a damn objective. I cannot do anything. I cannot out play this MM. I doesn't matter what I play, or how well I play. 

Hmmm... but you keep your stats private...:cap_hmm:

heres the thing... took me a long time to figure this out... if you’re on a team of potato’s... trying to hold the caps by yourself will just lead to a quick death...

Ask me how I know... the frustration is real... you try and drag your team with you to cap ...and all it does is get you focussed down when no one supports you. Then the temptation to chat rage become very real...

Instead when this happens... try to hang back and deal as much damage as you can to their important ships... use your potato’s as meat shields...and hope the potato’s on their team start making mistakes... you will have a lot more influence on the game if you can last till the bitter end. I’ve seen many a hopeless game turned into a win, because the enemy team got greedy from the early lead and ended up potatoing harder than we did initially.

[HINON]
Members
14,206 posts

Take a break after losing a set number of matches or it will become a self fulfilling prophecy that you will extend the losing streak.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,914 battles
1 hour ago, MBRicochet said:

Some of us are just average players or a little below average in my case.  The facts are that we are the targets and since the MM doesn't even look at skill, odds are in an unbalanced population with large skill density holes in it, we'll lose far more often than above average players.....  It's just the way it is.......  You can't beat the bank in this game.  It's all about population densities and the MM needs a balanced skill set to even function.  The Cruiser Line Split divided the population and drove large numbers of good players down into Tier 6, 7 and 8 (to farm with radar.)  That drove large numbers of new and average players into Scenarios and COOP.  Update 8.0 was the final straw for a great many and they retired into COOP and scenarios or left the game.  Then, our host neutered Scenarios in an attempt to "force people back into Randoms and Ranked...."; which, is failing IMP because even larger stomps are happening.........alone with a large influx of grade school kids home because of the pandemic......  

Just play COOP with the rest of us Potatoes.........there's nothing else out there worth the frustration anymore.....

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts
1 hour ago, MBRicochet said:

I have the same battles.  I could do 50k damage and be in a blowout win.  Then do 120k damage and be in a blowout loss.  Sometimes it's just luck it seems.  Hang in there though, i'm not very good and was still able to get rank 1 last season.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

How to Motivate Your Team As a 12-Year-Old Squeaker. - Meme on Imgur

The only thing I can say is take a break and try again tomorrow. Communicate at the start of the match which caps to try for. Communicate which enemy ships to target. Keep asking ships that are too far away to move up and support. But, don't spend the whole match criticizing individual players or the team as a whole because that won't accomplish anything. 

Also, feel free to post a replay if you wish and I'm sure people here will analyze (over analyze) it. 

[ENDO]
Members
201 posts
5,411 battles

Most of the people who go off solo or sit back and snipe don't read chat anyway. They need to balance MM with some performance factored. Finally got away from that RNG pit. Won 4 games in a row. Crushing people. Broadside BBs and cruisers on the enemy team. I cringed. They need to fix this. It's nice being on the winning team but it is not fun with all the blowouts. I've had TWO...TWO whole close fun games. Won one, lost the other. TWO. Everything else has been a wreck. Been in the top half of the score most games. Always working objectives. 

You all know MM is screwy. You all know had crippling have 1-2 people who do not contribute is. I guess enjoy looking at my hidden stats? LOL. I hope it bugs ya you weirdos. 

[SALVO]
Members
8,175 posts
6,059 battles
3 hours ago, MBRicochet said:

Keep on going buddy, I'll log on in a couple hours, I need you to keep losing at least another hour more so I can breeze 3-4 levels more tonight. :cap_like:

Your sacrifice is fully appreciated!