You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

T8 CVs push out other ship classes from ranked

26 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
901 posts
14,888 battles
Spoiler

ZgHfGWR.png

At least that's what I'm guessing. When CVs are present in almost every game it's hard to play DD and at T8 CVs are just too punishing for DDs. I've tried to play cruisers and it's also quite hard: I turned on def AA and set priority sector while trying to dodge in my Charles Martel but red Enterprise went through anyway and dropped me two times so I lost around third of my HP. This is absolute nonsense. The only class that holds more or less well against CVs are BBs so this is my explanation of this picture.

I'm actually quite disappointed with recent ranked seasons because T7 was dominated by Belfast and T8 is ruined by CVs.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,349 posts
28,515 battles
25 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

The real issue that no one brings up is map size. They are to small for CV's to be included.

Turnaround times are quite fast, especially if the CV is in close with their team.

[CONS]
[CONS]
Members
1,344 posts
8,415 battles
9 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

The real issue that no one brings up is map size. They are to small for CV's to be included.

Dude Juyuos Vebis,
Oink Goltz,
I, the Great Franz von Goltz, agree with you.
In fact, CVs should not be in the map.
Only planes.
Goltz

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
14,619 posts
9,334 battles
10 hours ago, dimzzy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ZgHfGWR.png

At least that's what I'm guessing. When CVs are present in almost every game it's hard to play DD and at T8 CVs are just too punishing for DDs. I've tried to play cruisers and it's also quite hard: I turned on def AA and set priority sector while trying to dodge in my Charles Martel but red Enterprise went through anyway and dropped me two times so I lost around third of my HP. This is absolute nonsense. The only class that holds more or less well against CVs are BBs so this is my explanation of this picture.

I'm actually quite disappointed with recent ranked seasons because T7 was dominated by Belfast and T8 is ruined by CVs.

yeah, Enterprise is definitely OP...

Spoiler

qlSaAgc.png

Also, having a very hard time playing cruisers...

Spoiler

e3Wz7ci.png

Yup, Rank is very much ruined by CVs.

• Funny 1

[GUTS]
Members
964 posts

CVs strike again.  Entire team is dead CV is sailing around farming damage saving a star.

GG

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
5 minutes ago, Learux said:

CVs strike again.  Entire team is dead CV is sailing around farming damage saving a star.

GG

CVs have a massive bexp penalty on a loss, if the CV is actually saving a star the rest of the team was terrible.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[VFW]
Members
1,635 posts
36,216 battles

Funny, played all but one game in a DD.  Did fine and ranked out.  Just need to understand your CV opponent.

vr,

P.S.  Most of the rank matches had a CV.

Edited by TexJapan
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,813 posts
9,979 battles

There's like 4 CV in que and 112 BB 10 Cruisers and 14 DD

Not sure CV are the issue here.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
156 posts
4,159 battles

Whenever I see DD's on my team, they all cower in fear and stay away from the objectives. Normally, I would be complaining about blah blah blah. This time, I don't blame them. With the amount of tier VIII radar and CV's, DD's just have to play extremely safe. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

You can play DDs in ranked just fine. It's quite possibly the easiest class to rank out in if you are halfway decent.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,341 posts
19,460 battles

So after reading this the other day while on lunch break, I went home with a mission.

First battle I did in Rank Sprint took out the Enterprise, and had a great battle and won. Even got a compliment (later went out to get a Lotto ticket).

Next took out the Asashio, did have a CV in the battle, but I never had to turn on my AA and won.

Next tried a Mogami. No CV and no DDs. Team was vaporised but I saved a star.

Final battle of the night took the Asashio out again. No CV, had another great battle and a win.

Big factor for the wins was communication. A plan was in place as everyone was getting up to speed on game start and everyone followed through. Team also supported the DDs.

The Last battle as an Asashio, I went to the B cap alone and was able to cap and got out. As I was leaving, I got spotted by a Lightning. Took some damage, but smoked and broke line of sight, but not before teammates hammered the Red DD. Moved into a position to respot the Lightning and he was sunk. After that it seemed like the red team forgot I was there and I was able to put alot of torps and even shells into several enemy ships.

You can still DD in Ranked, but alot of it can come down to knowing your ship, and trusting on your teammates to back you up.

• Meh 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
10 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

There's like 4 CV in que and 112 BB 10 Cruisers and 14 DD

Not sure CV are the issue here.

There are 112 BBs because there are CVs present, you can't make that connection?  Most cruisers do not have a heal at 40k HP against AP bombs and 10k Lexington HE drops, and most people can't or won't play DDs with CVs present.

• Meh 1

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles
10 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

You can play DDs in ranked just fine. It's quite possibly the easiest class to rank out in if you are halfway decent.

You don't even need to be half decent. I ranked out in the Kidd, and I'm mostly bad, play on a crappy connection, and mostly a BB main. I don't usually even rank out.

Any AA specced DD should be good this season. You can generally run with guns off and cruise toward the first squadron the CV sends out to spot, turn guns and AADF on at 3 km to wipe the squadron, then turn guns off and head toward a cap without worrying about getting spotted.

Most of the maps this time had good hard cover in most of the caps, so as long as I was careful about where I hid I could usually survive the radar/hydro spam. Bonus was that since the CV usually covered spotting, I could often just hug a rock while I capped, or smoke up and spam HE.

Kidd is a great AA boat, but Benson would have worked too (maybe better, since Benson has better torpedoes).

• Meh 1

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
10,450 battles

I've been playing DD primarily and CV a bit in the clan battles.

As a DD CVs have NOT been a problem for me. Most of them are VERY poorly played, and pretty easy to avoid. I don't get it. Just cap the far side from where the CV sends his planes or if he actually pursues you hang back. Help your team catch out and wreck their DD, cap once the CV gets engaged with cap ships, then grab caps and focus on spotting and occasional opportunistic strikes.

I'm way more bothered by the way my team plays than the composition of the other team. Playing DD I almost always manage get my team an edge by takign out DDs and a cap advantage, I keep the enemy spotted, but BBs rush in and die stupid.

Everytime I play CV I feel I have more ability to support the team around the map, but the DDs rush in and get killed in seconds then whine about CVs and radar and the team not supporting them for the rest of the match while their DDs maul us... So I go back to DDs next game.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
10 hours ago, Learux said:

I am just upset I cant play DD's in ranked.

So much hyperbole...  There's 2-3 DD players in every ranked match I've played in that are finding a way.. 

• Cool 1

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
10,450 battles
1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

So much hyperbole...  There's 2-3 DD players in every ranked match I've played in that are finding a way.. 

DDs decide the game. It's probably good that DDs who don't know how to cope with CVs are discouraged from playing, they make it a lot harder on the team.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
On 6/25/2020 at 1:30 PM, dimzzy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ZgHfGWR.png

your argument isnt true... People choose bb cause of great survive skills and power to kill.

i have 2 CVs lines on 10 and 1 on 8, a good DD isnt disrupted that easy.

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
10,450 battles
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

your argument isnt true... People choose bb cause of great survive skills and power to kill.

i have 2 CVs lines on 10 and 1 on 8, a good DD isnt disrupted that easy.

I think it's more that people choose BB en masse because t8 has Mass, Tirp, and Bismark, each of which is stupid fun to play even when you lose. As to the argument about BBs holding up well against CVs.. Massachusetts does do well against CVs, but the Germans are just bait for Enterprise or Shokaku.

Edited by ProfessorLumpy

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
7 minutes ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

I think it's more that people choose BB en masse because t8 has Mass, Tirp, and Bismark, each of which is stupid fun to play even when you lose. As to the argument about BBs holding up well against CVs.. Massachusetts does do well against CVs, but the Germans are just bait for Enterprise or Shokaku.

Everyone can change to other ships. It is just to switch to USA or Japan. It always has a way to play.