You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HuGe_1

Free Captain Respec - What happened to it??

12 comments in this topic

[HIT]
Members
8 posts
13,910 battles

Did WOW discontinue FREE captain respec's? It used to be available whenever ranked or clan battles first started. 

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
5 minutes ago, HuGe_1 said:

Did WOW discontinue FREE captain respec's? It used to be available whenever ranked or clan battles first started. 

WoWS discontinued free captain respecs after and during Clan Battle seasons due to the introduction of Tier X CVs. Here is their explanation:

image.thumb.png.3d32483e3a4201305507fb47c56be203.png

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/clans/clan-battles-warriors-path/

WoWS has never had free captain respecs for Ranked Sprint.

Does this answer your question?

Good luck in Ranked Sprint!

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

wargaming says we should be using the same captains in random battles as competitive with cv therefore we dont need free respecs, just slightly out of touch with how the game runs.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2

[BUOY]
Members
1,338 posts
16,872 battles
16 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

wargaming says we should be using the same captains in random battles as competitive with cv therefore we dont need free respecs, just slightly out of touch with how the game runs.

Considering the direction they've been going this past year, I think they're completely in touch and just looking to ring the cash register. Note how we didn't get a free upgrade demount in .9.5 even though many were nerfed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,330 posts
14,924 battles

They decided that since CV's are in Ranked and CB now that respecs are not needed.

[SALVO]
Members
8,248 posts
6,105 battles

Never give something for free when someone is willing to pay for it

[GWG]
Members
7,595 posts
14,471 battles

In the past (but not every time), there was free captain resets after the close of Clan Battles.

These were not immediately after...  sometimes a week or two, and only available for a couple days -- and ONLY for those who participated in Clan Battles.

Gotta keep your eyes open and check every day.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They decided that since CV's are in Ranked and CB now that respecs are not needed.

More likely they are using it as an excuse for not giving us free captain respecs. And right when I actually could use a captain or two reset as well. ( I tend to carefully plan ahead well enough that I typically have never needed numerous captain respecs with the biggest reset session I did was just after CV Rework when I reset all CV captains so they could be used on other ships as needed.)

Was contemplating changing my mind from Bourgogne to Shikishima, but that would require a captain to be reset and changed into manual secondary gun build. But if there are no free captain respecs I will simply have to proceed with the original Bourgogne plan because I at least have an excellent captain for that ship already thanks to Jean Bart. And this is an example of a double edged sword WG is doing where if no captain respecs it might influence the players buying decisions  to the point they pass over or greatly delay purchases. Like Shikishima is going to require that I generate like 3 million Elite Captain XP in order to create a brand new captain before I can get the ship. Which I guess is just as well seeing how it will take a long time to get 24,000 Steel saved up with coupon after Bourgogne’s 22,500 Steel cost with coupon.

[PVE]
Members
8,504 posts
24,614 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

More likely they are using it as an excuse for not giving us free captain respecs. And right when I actually could use a captain or two reset as well. ( I tend to carefully plan ahead well enough that I typically have never needed numerous captain respecs with the biggest reset session I did was just after CV Rework when I reset all CV captains so they could be used on other ships as needed.)

Was contemplating changing my mind from Bourgogne to Shikishima, but that would require a captain to be reset and changed into manual secondary gun build. But if there are no free captain respecs I will simply have to proceed with the original Bourgogne plan because I at least have an excellent captain for that ship already thanks to Jean Bart. And this is an example of a double edged sword WG is doing where if no captain respecs it might influence the players buying decisions  to the point they pass over or greatly delay purchases. Like Shikishima is going to require that I generate like 3 million Elite Captain XP in order to create a brand new captain before I can get the ship. Which I guess is just as well seeing how it will take a long time to get 24,000 Steel saved up with coupon after Bourgogne’s 22,500 Steel cost with coupon.

It only takes a little over 1.8M (or thereabouts...forget exact amount) to bring a commander from 0-19 points not 3M.

9 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

They did one free respec a couple of months ago. I reset every captain I had almost.

When they did that 1 they announced it was the last 1.