You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Ranked vs Ranked Sprint w/irrecoverables

13 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
559 posts

Like it much better with the irrecoverables vrs last ranked with just a few.     Matches seem pretty fair so far..  maybe one more blowout which I got lucky to be on the winning side but the rest about 10 or 11 all pretty even.   Not sure why so many BB's want in but the matches have a good mix of all ships.. about a 2 min wait but thats ok for a evenly balanced match.  

Had to edit the title

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
130 posts
7,523 battles

This is Ranked Sprint vs Actual Ranked. 

Ranked sprint has always had way more Irreversible ranks because it doesnt last very long. also the rewards are not as good.

Ranked however lasts a much longer time and you usually need a lot more battles. I do agree that ranked needs at least an Irreversible at 5 but  having too many would make it too easy to rank out. Ranking out gives a ton of steel so WG will keep it harder to get.

[GGWP]
Members
7,577 posts
17,888 battles

It's called ranked sprint vs regular ranked. Regular ranked has better rewards, no divs allowed and no irrevocable ranks higher than 12 and takes more stars to rank out. 

[-ICE-]
Members
559 posts

Was the last one w/t7 ships... Ranked Sprint or just Ranked it had less irrecoverables.  I guess it was bc isnt this a continuation... lol now im officailly confuzzzzed when I though i got it  haha   either way this format with irrecoverables is better.. its like ur not afraid to play

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles

there are so many bb because who would want to play a dd verse a cv, which then makes cruisers irrelevant too because tier 8 cruiser are woefully bad in comparison to the bb and there are no dd to dab on.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,830 posts
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

there are so many bb because who would want to play a dd verse a cv, which then makes cruisers irrelevant too because tier 8 cruiser are woefully bad in comparison to the bb and there are no dd to dab on.

I have havent yet had a game without a DD. have had several without CVs.

either way, yeah, its BB city out there.

[-ICE-]
Members
559 posts

Always 2 or more DD's so far in my games. I been in a BB bc the only other t8 ship is a Clevland with a low pt capt. Roma my only t8 BB is holding her own.  

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles
9 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I have stupidly been playing DDs because I am trying to play all my T8s at least once. Sure enough, a CV in every DD match. Last one with Kidd got repeatedly griefed by the Sky Cancer rockets. Came in first, killed two Akizukis, yet had no fun at all. 

What a crappy meta. I lean toward the explanation that circulates in many of my WOWs discord groups: most of the devs are poor to mediocre players and can only get damage in CVs, which is why they love them so much. Otherwise it is hard to grasp why anyone would ever want to implement this crappy, moronic meta. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,134 posts

It seems pretty good so far....except....Every winning game I've had was where it was decided quickly at the beginning of the game where we would go.  Every losing game I've had so far, was where people would say one thing, do another or wouldn't agree to anything and ships ended up all over the place.  It is amazing what a simple thing like communication makes such a difference.

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
130 posts
7,523 battles
16 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Was the last one w/t7 ships... Ranked Sprint or just Ranked it had less irrecoverables.  I guess it was bc isnt this a continuation... lol now im officailly confuzzzzed when I though i got it  haha   either way this format with irrecoverables is better.. its like ur not afraid to play

So yes the Tier 7 one was Regular Ranked. Ranked Rewards steel and Ranked Sprint will reward Coal and Flags.

What we are playing is Ranked Sprint. Lowest Rank is 10 in Ranked Sprint. We had one back in the end of April that was Tier 9-10 12v12. 

Regular Ranked Lowest Rank is 20 and it rewards steel for most of the ranks. Much harder and very difficult to rank out in

Members
7,122 posts
22,658 battles

Currently they are maxing BB's at three per team.  Play DD or cruiser insta spawn, play BB, 2-3 minute wait.

I think the huge numbers of BB's is a direct reflection of the talent base of the players of this game. DD's and Cruisers are to hard so they sit in que in the BB factory and pop out like lemmings.

Beta Testers
99 posts
20,463 battles

Honestly I had a very good run today using Benson/Kidd and Cleveland. Think I finished around 79%wr and got to one star away from 2 before I hit back to back loses.

But I agree it worked when the team made a combined effort and didn’t spread all over the map. Based on MM monitor there are a lot of potatoes out there right now.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
10 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Like it much better with the irrecoverables vrs last ranked with just a few. 

“Irrecoverable” would be a rank you can’t get back,

Irrevocable” is a rank you can’t lose.