You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tigermaus

Odin - Steel for extra directives - broken?

28 comments in this topic

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,134 battles

So I bought the Odin before this 3rd directive began. I completed 2 of the Phases (where a Shipbuilding upgrade is awarded) and only received 250 Steel 1x.

Shouldn't the award be 250 Steel for each Completed Phase after the Odin is unlocked/purchased per the note at the top of the Dockyard after you complete Odin?

[PVE]
Members
13,978 posts
29,530 battles
4 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

So I bought the Odin before this 3rd directive began. I completed 2 of the Phases (where a Shipbuilding upgrade is awarded) and only received 250 Steel 1x.

Shouldn't the award be 250 Steel for each Completed Phase after the Odin is unlocked/purchased per the note at the top of the Dockyard after you complete Odin?

I am done stage 3 and have got my 750 (3X 250) each time.

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,134 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

I am done stage 3 and have got my 750 (3X 250) each time.

Not sure whats going on then. Do I need to complete the 3rd directive in it's entirety to achieve the 750 Steel? 

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,431 battles
52 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

Not sure whats going on then. Do I need to complete the 3rd directive in it's entirety to achieve the 750 Steel? 

Have you completed any phase since buying the ship?

Edited by slider37

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,134 battles
5 minutes ago, slider37 said:

Have you completed any phase since buying the ship?

Yeah, I completed 2 but was only paid out for one. I just got another 250 Steel for a phase I completed a few days ago :/

I did send a ticket in so maybe they corrected it/

[CHAIR]
Members
15 posts
14,959 battles

I have yet to receive any steel and I bought the first eight stages when it was first offered. I bought a total of 10 stages. no steel at all

[WOLF3]
Members
30,997 posts
26,056 battles
14 minutes ago, a4ordy said:

I have yet to receive any steel and I bought the first eight stages when it was first offered. I bought a total of 10 stages. no steel at all

IIRC, the Steel is part of the rewards for continuing to do this stuff AFTER you have acquired Odin.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

"You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 1

[CHAIR]
Members
15 posts
14,959 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IIRC, the Steel is part of the rewards for continuing to do this stuff AFTER you have acquired Odin.

Haze,

Thanks for the reply. Odin is sitting in port as we speak... I was wondering if the steel won't be awarded until the event is over? Only reason I chimed in was because other people are having the same issue.

[WOLF3]
Members
30,997 posts
26,056 battles
1 minute ago, a4ordy said:

Haze,

Thanks for the reply. Odin is sitting in port as we speak... I was wondering if the steel won't be awarded until the event is over? Only reason I chimed in was because other people are having the same issue.

In that case, if you got Odin already and have been completing stuff, go into the Dockyard.  At the bottom there should be a button to collect Steel.

It's not like completing regular Daily missions and stuff where the reward is automatically given.  You have to manually collect.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 1

[CHAIR]
Members
15 posts
14,959 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In that case, if you got Odin already and have been completing stuff, go into the Dockyard.  At the bottom there should be a button to collect Steel.

It's not like completing regular Daily missions and stuff where the reward is automatically given.  You have to manually collect.

Haze,

I've included a screen shot. Don't see where the "steel" button is...

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.06.24 - 15.56.10.14.png

[PVE]
Members
13,978 posts
29,530 battles
2 hours ago, Tigermaus said:

***Just so you/others understand and to be clear. There are a total of 20 building phases to complete the dock yard event. The event is broken up over 6 weeks/stages. Each stage allows you to earn 3 building phases. 3X6 = 18 earnable. The other 2 MUST be purchased with Doubloons.  "IF" you buy out some of, or all of, the other 18 with Doubloons too, then however many you bought out, and then subsequently earned by playing, will award 250 Steel as compensation. The ONLY way to get Steel out of this is to buy out some or all of the 18 "earnable" Building Phases. Max Steel you can get is 18X250 = 4500***

There are 2 tasks each stage (week) that give a building phase. They are the only ones that give Steel out of the bunch of available tasks as long as you have bought them out with Doubloons. Once you complete the 7 tasks required to complete the stage (week) you get the 3rd and final building phase as the final reward (you also must have bought it out with Doubloons to get Steel). So, these are the ONLY tasks (some are an either or task) that give Steel for duplicates each week...

Stage 1: (Keel Laying)

• Place top 2 on team 10X -or- Earn 30K Base XP = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Sink 18 ships = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Complete any 7 tasks for final reward = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)

Stage 2: (Steam And Steel)

• Earn 180,100 XP = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Place top 3 on team 12X = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)

Stage 3: (Ready For Launch)

• Place top 2 on team 15X -or- Earn 42,500 Base XP = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel) 
  • Earn 5,200,000 Credits = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)

Stage 4: (Full Combat Readiness)

• Cause 1,150,000 Damage = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Sink 71 ships, solo caps, or asst caps = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Complete # of tasks required (7? - doesn't say and not available yet) for final reward = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)

Stage 5: (Show The Flag)

• Place top 2 on team 10X = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Sink 64 ships -or- Earn 49,500 Base XP = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Complete # of tasks required (7? - doesn't say and not available yet) for final reward = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)

Stage 6: (Reinforcing The Fleet)

• Earn 140,000 XP = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)
  • Sink 55 Ships = 1 Building Phase (250 Steel)

Hope this helps. :cap_like:

EDIT - and as HazeGrayUnderway mentions above you have to go into the dockyard and manually collect the Steel when you earn it. Next to the Dockyard Text up under the event banner a little gold icon will appear when it is time to go in and collect. IF it is not allowing you to do so or is not showing it then contact support if you should be getting it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,348 posts
16,903 battles
13 minutes ago, a4ordy said:

Haze,

Might be time to submit a technical support ticket then.

• Thanks 1

[CHAIR]
Members
15 posts
14,959 battles

So having been in contact with Support  this is the replies I received.

Thank you for contacting the support team.

I would ask you to draw your attention to the following news: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel.

To receive steel you need to complete the directives. 

Should you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have a great day and enjoy the high seas.
Yours sincerely.

My reply

In the forum, several people have stated that they have received steel for completing a stage(s). This is my issue, I have yet to receive any steel. Only steel I have received is for completing the daily mission which is 40. Included is a screenshot of the three directives I have completed to date. Hope this helps

Their Reply

Thank you for coming back to us.

There is no error in this situation. As was mentioned before, to receive Steel, you need to complete all phases with doubloons. You completed only nine phases with doubloons. Therefore, you couldn't get Steel.

I hope my explanation will help you to sort out this matter. Should you have any questions regarding our game, please let us know.
Regards

I am at a loss on this.

[WOLF3]
Members
30,997 posts
26,056 battles
On 6/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, a4ordy said:

Haze,

I noticed the top of your Dockyard screen doesn't show completion.  Mine is below with it done.

YzVVaWW.jpg

[PVE]
Members
13,978 posts
29,530 battles
9 hours ago, a4ordy said:

I would ask you to draw your attention to the following news: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel.

Yours sincerely.

My reply

In the forum, several people have stated that they have received steel for completing a stage(s). This is my issue, I have yet to receive any steel. Only steel I have received is for completing the daily mission which is 40. Included is a screenshot of the three directives I have completed to date. Hope this helps

Their Reply

There is no error in this situation. As was mentioned before, to receive Steel, you need to complete all phases with doubloons. You completed only nine phases with doubloons. Therefore, you couldn't get Steel.

I hope my explanation will help you to sort out this matter. Should you have any questions regarding our game, please let us know.
Regards

I am at a loss on this.

You don't get steel JUST for completing a building phase. They must be bought out with Doubloons 1st as the info says.

For me I bought the 8K Doubloon Starter Pack and then used 21K more Doubloons to buy out the whole event (it takes 29K this way) BEFORE I started grinding tasks. You had to get the starter pack before completing anything or it was not available to you. So I completed the Dockyard before I started playing through the directives to earn the building phases. Now, every time I complete a task that awards a building phase (2 tasks and final reward for that week/stage) I get 250 Steel. 750 max per week, 18 total building phases only of the 20 total give Steel, so 18X250 = 4500 max Steel possible. 

According to the info you posted you only purchased 9 phases with Doubloons. They are telling you that you must buy them all out to get Steel not just some. I was under the impression you got the Steel for any phase you purchased and then completed (up to 18 of the 20) but it appears you needed to do a full buy out like I did to get the Steel.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
2,845 posts
15,096 battles

I have Odin and have been getting Steel

To get the Steel, you need to complete the Directive Missions.
You know those symbols in the Directive missions that look like a sideways Square with a bunch of arrows pointing up and say earning them will complete a building phase?

Those are what you need to get the steel. Complete the missions with those symbols and the overall directive and you'll get the steel.

Once you have Odin, there is no reason to collect anything from the Dockyard screen: you have all the rewards from there already.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
13 hours ago, a4ordy said:

Their Reply

There is no error in this situation. As was mentioned before, to receive Steel, you needed to complete all phases with doubloons . You completed only nine phases with doubloons. Therefore, you couldn't get Steel.

Regards

I am at a loss on this.

Looks like that person told you you had to purchase the entire ship with doubloons in order to get any steel at all.

Is that the experience others have had? Has anyone done a partial buy (and has completed it) that is getting steel, or only those who did a full buy?

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,134 battles
8 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Looks like that person told you you had to purchase the entire ship with doubloons in order to get any steel at all.

Is that the experience others have had? Has anyone done a partial buy (and has completed it) that is getting steel, or only those who did a full buy?

I completed 9 phases (or thereabouts) and bought the rest. Yes, you get steel for the rest of the Directives (250 for each one one the ship building phases in each directive..ie, the missions you get the little diamond with the arrows).

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
Just now, Tigermaus said:

I completed 9 phases (or thereabouts) and bought the rest. Yes, you get steel for the rest of the Directives (250 for each one one the ship building phases in each directive..ie, the missions you get the little diamond with the arrows).

That’s good to know. I have a friend who bought nine phases, and has completed nine, and is looking at finishing the ship next week, and at getting the first increment of steel.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
15 hours ago, a4ordy said:

Yours sincerely.

My reply

Their Reply

Regards

I am at a loss on this.

Here's how I understand it, and I'm not sure what your situation is, so bear with me. 

1)  There are 20 stages, 18 of which can be completed via doing the various Dockyard missions that drop stage tokens and completing 7 total for each directive to drop another stage token. 

2)  To get Odin, you have to buy at least 2 tokens with doubloons at some point.  

3)  If you buy more than 2 tokens and thus have the ship completed before you've obtained all the tokens from the directives/missions, you'll get Steel for any stage token you get, but only AFTER the Odin has been completed.  

If someone bought tokens but didn't complete the ship yet, or completed the ship but aren't finishing the directives/missions, they won't be getting any steel.   

You have to buy more than two stage tokens AND complete the ship AND keep finishing directives/mission, to get the steel -- again, as I understand it.  

[CHAIR]
Members
15 posts
14,959 battles

Thanks for the help guys. I figured if I bought the starter pack I would get some steel. I will never make this mistake again with WG (Not sour about this, just pissed at myself for not paying attention).

a4ordy

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
5 minutes ago, a4ordy said:

Thanks for the help guys. I figured if I bought the starter pack I would get some steel. I will never make this mistake again with WG (Not sour about this, just pissed at myself for not paying attention).

a4ordy

If you bought the starter pack, that was 8 stages, meaning you have 6 extra.  (20 stages, 18 max obtainable via directive/mission, need 2... leaving 6 if you bought 8.) 

Once you get to 20 stages complete and get the Odin, if you keep completing Directives/Missions, you'll get 6 steel drops.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter