You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Weekly Combat Missions: Canada Day

20 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,055 posts
14,450 battles

New combat missions are available! Find out what bonuses and rewards await you in the coming week.

Read it on the portal

[CRF]
Members
878 posts
8,535 battles

Dragon Mission 3 - earn 10 achievements - can't be done in Co-op, can it be done in Operations (haven't played in Operations in ages, and there have been so many changes....)?

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
318 posts
9,936 battles

I was hoping we would get new camouflage for Haida along with the rental giveaway but a Canada Day patch is certainly nice. The expendable camo will probably remain a collectible in my inventory.

[HEAVY]
Members
7 posts
15,443 battles

You can earn achievements in Operations.  Does anyone know the benefits of Canada Day expendable camouflage?

• Cool 1

[SCRUM]
Members
53 posts
12,903 battles
40 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

Dragon Mission 3 - earn 10 achievements - can't be done in Co-op, can it be done in Operations (haven't played in Operations in ages, and there have been so many changes....)?

2 Asian Lantern camos ... awesome! ... one, kill stuff ... ok ... two, damage the enemy ... ok ... wait, ... wth!, ... three, undertake to outdo Superman in Co-op (the only thing I ever do in this game) ... what kind of crackpots are designing this game?! ... <<sound of a kick in the nuts>> sorry but, "no Asian Lanterns for you."

Edited by Player_1632443379
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,736 posts
15,788 battles
24 minutes ago, Player_1632443379 said:

Co-op (the only thing I ever do in this game)

You have over TEN THOUSAND battles and you haven't even changed your system-assigned name yet?

39 minutes ago, TOM_1125 said:

You can earn achievements in Operations.  

This.

1 hour ago, Beleaf_ said:

I was hoping we would get new camouflage for Haida along with the rental giveaway but a Canada Day patch is certainly nice. The expendable camo will probably remain a collectible in my inventory.

She already has the T7 standard and the maple leaf camo. Purely out of interest, what else were you thinking of?

Give me the current maple leaf camo with a commander XP bonus and I might just think about it. Otherwise I'm not spending 2K dubs just for eye candy.

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
151 posts
18,590 battles
27 minutes ago, SaniClaws said:

Hey, Folks!  A preemptive Happy Canada Day to you all..  I had the opportunity many moons ago to actually board the Hiada, whilst moored at Ontario Place.  Already obtained the Canada Day emblem, & was hoping perhaps there was a revised or additional commemorative issue, but hey.. its great that anything is offered in the 1st place!  Its a chance for others who didn't get it last time to do so!

Wish to obtain Haita sometime soon through credits, if at all possible.

Cheers, stay safe & out of the spray!  And a HUGE THANK YOU to the TEAM running this awesome game!

SaniClaws//

ps..  Oh, & yet again I get called out by a player who spent their round HIDING to save paint, leaving me hanging trying to ASSIST 2 other ships getting pinched.. and then commenting that I'm not a 'good player' after snooping my 'STATS'.. wow... I had brought the issue up on other forums regarding ASSISTANCE, RESCUE & SACRIFICES made during these rounds that are in no WAY regardless yet alone reflected on any record.. SO...... I wish I recalled the few players who called me out, so that NEXT TIME we're on the same 'team', I'll be SURE to ignore any pleas for assistance come the time they call for it.. sadly.

Hopefully the FRANCHISE Peeps figure a way to recognize this wee caveat of confusion for those who risk their ships & crews whilst trying to STEP UP for fellow players in need..

Been trying to come up with ways to do so - perhaps a small vote after each round on an existing screen to suggest accolades for other team mates who stepped up - OR - an algorithm that identifies respondent attempts to assistance requests automatically (& in addition to the vote).. IN THIS LIGHT, might as well throw-in a vote for biggest TURD on the team who runs off & hides, let alone systemically refuses to help others in a time of battle..  Its just a game, however, it also reflects our behaviour by default to an interesting degree, so maybe use this as a self-identifying gauge to your capacity to consider OTHERS every once in a while.. Just sayin'..  HOHOHO - See you out on the water!

Blacklist them. You'll never see their pleas for help.

• Cool 1

[RANGR]
Members
364 posts
4,232 battles

As a Canadian, this tiny bit of recognition makes me happy, thank you.

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
878 posts
8,535 battles
3 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

the efforts of the commonwealth forces in both WW1 and WW2 have always been a bit understated in the history books....

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,473 posts
20,531 battles

you dont get achievments in co-op  how dumb is that 

shot-20.06.24_19.38.45-0659.jpg

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,473 posts
20,531 battles
7 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

this was last years event  permenant camo  for haida . it went on sale in the shop with the camo 

shot-20.06.24_19.45.25-0383.jpg

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,473 posts
20,531 battles

ranked battles . wait forever to get in and find 3 ships in team  not there most likly still waiting to get into battle or been disconected to server which is the norm 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[RIO]
Members
36 posts
7,828 battles

I asked them to provide a discount on Haida for Canada Day. And maybe consider doing the same for other nations. Got a standard answer that was half on-topic and half off-point.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,473 posts
20,531 battles

pretty sure last year was when haida first appeared  and it was for canada day and the patch  so its a repeat from last year except the addition of the expendable camo  this year  . but you can tell its USA bias because we get 1 event for canada day and  4th of july gets about 3 days event 

• Meh 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
151 posts
18,590 battles
10 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

ranked battles . wait forever to get in and find 3 ships in team  not there most likly still waiting to get into battle or been disconected to server which is the norm 

This has what to do with the topic?

• Meh 1

[RIO]
Members
36 posts
7,828 battles

Looks like there is a Haida Admiral Pack available for a discount. I was hoping for a discount on the base ship but a 10 point commander for Commonwealth ain't bad given there aren't a lot of Commonwealth commanders out there. $15 extra bucks to get a head of a commander grind.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,473 posts
20,531 battles

have to agree , after all  the stars and strips  are given out more times  . its only fair us canadians  can get something 

[RIO]
Members
36 posts
7,828 battles

If you are on the fence about getting the Haida Admiral pack, it includes a mission that adds +200% xp for each battle played for 34 days.