You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DudeWhereIsMyTank

Tier 8 ranked sprint favourites

35 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
2,482 posts
15,344 battles

T8 has a lot of good ships.  Sadly, it has a LOT of good BBs, which is why the queue has 90+ BBs in it, and single digits of others.

• Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
564 posts

Lots of BB's but it seemed pretty balanced so far.. 2ish DD's and 2ish cruzers and a carrier and the rest BB's.   Only one blowout out of about 6 games, seemed pretty good so far.  Good mix of ships.   I been seeing Baltimores which seem pretty tough, i hit them but get hardly any damage for some reason. Was so bad i stopped wasting my shots on them but could have been there good luck and my bad luck.  No ships seem to be standing out yet.   Have fun

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Cool 1

Members
159 posts
8,829 battles

As a DD player, I intend to focus on DDs that have some AA available: Olan, Akizuki, LoYang, an maybe that strange Russian DD.

If the CV meta ls light then I'll include the Cossack (my personal favorite). It just doesn't do very well with CVs present.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

I might try a couple old favorites in Benson and Amagi, since I'm re-grinding those lines anyway.

Anyone who has been around long enough will recall when T8 Ranked used to be known as "World of Bensons".

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,015 posts
7,823 battles

T8 match....      Vlad, a whole host of DDs..  Prince Eugen,   I also think Tallinn w, Radar upgrade mod could play personally?   Almost any T8 CV, except GZ?   Sleeper - Saipan...   very powerful against T8 ships and AA if flown well.     

[Y0L0W]
Members
642 posts
20,626 battles

If you’re on the red team it’s best to bring a Monarch.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,191 posts
28,079 battles

Akizuki, possibly Harekaze.

Nothing else holds any appeal for me.

If I even care enough to play.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
39 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

Indomitable, saipan, orkan, Kidd, maybe asashio if the BB meta stays

Never bring Implacable hiuahsiuahsiuahsias. The worse ever.

Saipan is cool as it has t10 planes.

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,960 battles
41 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Never bring Implacable hiuahsiuahsiuahsias. The worse ever.

Saipan is cool as it has t10 planes.

Indomitable not implacable..... 

Members
1,650 posts

on CL: Bayard & Mainz. Pyort Bragation deserves some battles as well. I may go with Chapayev if radar turns to be imperative.

on DD: Cossack, pure fun...

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

Indomitable not implacable..... 

Yeah!! I was just kidding with him!!!

I am almost on audacious for god sake!

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,960 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Drug out Lenin.  Works well when not up tiered.  

Yeah ill use lenin also, I don't mind being up tiered in her.. That armor is glorious... She has strengths and weaknesses 

Members
1 post
3,086 battles

So far I've been using my Odin and its been fantastic. Likely going to play some games with Cossack as well since its a delight to play when you aren't being heavily uptiered. haven't seen a ton of radar in the sprint either yet.

[TORCH]
Members
712 posts
19,010 battles

I'm a cruiser guy.  Of the T8 cruisers I have available in my port, it's looking so far like Hipper will be the go-to.  Lots of BBs out there, so far, and few CVs.  If I start seeing more CVs, might go with Cleveland, but so far, I'm feeling more need for Hipper's heavier guns than Cleveland's AA and radar.  Plus, Hipper has hydro that lasts forever (I use the hydro upgrade).

[TIRP]
Members
36 posts
6,050 battles

Glad to see at least some mention of Hipper. I have Tallinn, but not sure I feel comfortable enough with it in ranked yet. I do have Kagero, but I have a real hard time in DD's... some luck with USN DD's, but not in higher tiers. I don't think I can get a Vlad built out and ready for this ranked sprint. I think I'm best in BB's and am really enjoying the Izmail and Sinop (not as much). Yeah... I only have the those three T8's currently.

I do think I need to go back and study a bit on the Hipper as I've gotten used to French cruisers now and really haven't done great in the Hindy. Any Hipper vids/posts recommended here?