Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SFNL

Miss Jolly Roger Flags

12 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
130 posts
26,871 battles

Am I the only one who misses the Jolly Roger flags from ranked?  They were always kind of cool, and fun to have on the boat.  Something I looked forward to after each season.  I understand with 3 or 4 seasons a year this isn't feasible, but perhaps some other decorative thing could be done?  The achievement while nice is kind of lame now that we have so many ranked seasons.  I mean one starts in a couple of weeks, and the last one just ended.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,196 posts
5,913 battles

I know! I started ranking out the season after they stopped awarding them. Always been chasing one but it hasn't made a return:Smile_sad:

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles

The next one is only a Ranked a Sprint which are much faster and easier to get through than a normal Ranked season. So the Ranked asornts are mainly just a fun little event to pick up some signal flags and 10,000 coal in. The Real Ranked season’s are still the bigger deal, especially with Steel, doubloons, and other rewards involved.

But your right about it being a pity that there are no more of the black Jolly Roger flags given out. I stopped trying quite as hard to get to Rank 1 after the final season where they gave out a Jolly Roger flags in. These days I typically contently stop regular Ranked in Rank 10-7 range just to pick up some steel and signal flags.

However I do proudly sail under a black flag... The Jolly Roger of the Corgi Fleet. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Funny 1

[WAP]
Members
585 posts
15,597 battles

Agreed.  I was able to pick up two of them and I ALWAYS fly one of the two.  Wish they would make a comeback as they are a rare cosmetic item.

Comp.  #WV44

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,196 posts
5,913 battles

What about adding it into the armory for ranked tokens? That seems like a fair and logical idea since the only other ranked token items are cosmetics. 

[GGWP]
Members
7,589 posts
17,983 battles

I miss them very much as well. They were very unimaginative by the end, but it's not like pirate flags from the 1600s are copyright, there are a myriad of designs to choose and adapt. 

They've taken away exclusivity of reward ships from players ranking out and the exclusivity of steel from players in ranked and CB now. At least throw ranking out players some kind of cosmetic bone besides the silly achievement in our profiles

Edited by Ducky_shot

[IJAG]
Members
331 posts
18,255 battles

I managed to get the flag for season 10 but it's weird looking.

fcbhxrthnh.PNG.a0c42ede29845906b9936de74a26755b.PNG

And yes, it's very sad but the Jolly Roger is very unlikely to return as an award for ranked. WG said it themselves.

1526253822_Screenshot_2020-06-24RankedBattlesTheTenthSeasonWorldofWarships.thumb.png.dc06044073465b5c871d367486d52b1c.png

However, I still don't understand why they had to remove the Jolly Roger flag. They could've just included them as a part of the award along with the steel.

Edited by USAPatriotGamer

[CO-OP]
Members
2,356 posts
28,838 battles

Don't have any of the Black Jolly Rogers, but I do have my beloved red one.

ffbffc996bdf1f48ea980ea0d202f653.png

[IJAG]
Members
331 posts
18,255 battles
5 hours ago, _BBaby said:

What about adding it into the armory for ranked tokens? That seems like a fair and logical idea since the only other ranked token items are cosmetics. 

I sadly see that WG won't be doing anything with the Jolly Roger flag since they've already replaced it with an achievement award.

tbyjdtyndtttb.PNG.3aa1735951a950a30483c88cc5985881.PNG

Which sucks because you can't show it off in battle.

Edited by USAPatriotGamer

[O7]
Members
130 posts
26,871 battles

There really is no visible cue that you spent the time to rank out.  It was a sense of accompliishment, and since all the ships are available now there is no real way to show you did rank out.

Members
2,126 posts
7,633 battles
16 hours ago, Efros said:

Don't have any of the Black Jolly Rogers, but I do have my beloved red one.

ffbffc996bdf1f48ea980ea0d202f653.png

I have this one too.  I don't have the first clue where I got it from.  It wasn't for good performance in ranked battles, that much is certain.  :fish_palm:

Sign in to follow this