You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
leeuniverse

What are your thoughts on the "Odin" ship build?

12 comments in this topic

[LAMP-]
Beta Testers
98 posts
968 battles

Do you think it will be one of the best?  Do you have it, how is it performing comparatively?  It was looking interesting, but I'm not yet an expert on the nuances of ships, so looking for more info.

Also, am I reading it right that you can just "purchase" it by purchasing Doubloons to complete each stage, not having to grind it?
If so, how much would you have to buy after the Starter kit, or ultimately, what would it cost to buy?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,731 posts
11,255 battles
29 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

Do you think it will be one of the best?  Do you have it, how is it performing comparatively?  It was looking interesting, but I'm not yet an expert on the nuances of ships, so looking for more info.

Also, am I reading it right that you can just "purchase" it by purchasing Doubloons to complete each stage, not having to grind it?
If so, how much would you have to buy after the Starter kit, or ultimately, what would it cost to buy?

The Odin dockyard event is 20 stages long, with Graf Spee being awarded at stage 10 and Odin at Stage 20. You can earn up to 18 stages for free by grinding the directives. This means that you will have to purchase at least 2 stages to obtain the ship, at 1750 doubloons each (3500 total).

The starter kit includes 8 stages IIRC, so you would only need to grind out 12 stages to obtain Odin if you purchased it. Also keep in mind that any directive mission that awards a dockyard stage will instead award 250 steel IF you already have Odin when you complete it. This means that purchasing the starter pack and then grinding the directives would get you up to 1500 steel (6 extra stages). Alternatively, if you decided to go full whale and purchase the ship upfront (starter pack + 12 stages), you could earn up to 4500 steel. It’s up to you whether that’s worth the price, though.

You can purchase stages at 1750 doubloons each at any time during the event.

Edited by Nevermore135

[LAMP-]
Beta Testers
98 posts
968 battles

So, you CAN effectively purchase it outright by purchasing the starter pack and purchasing the doubloons to complete the stages?
Just making sure lol.  That's new right?  Wasn't like that last time if I remember right for the Puerto Rico?

Any thoughts on the competitiveness of the Odin?

Members
357 posts
5,926 battles

Compared to the Puerto Rico event, this one is so much more fair. Missions are relatively easy and can be completed in co-op and scenario battles as well. It is also worthy of praise that with this event at least WG is transparent enough to tell you that if you want the Odin you have to pay for the final stages (but you can get a free Graf Spee in the process). I think the issue with the Puerto Rico is that they marketed her as a free Tier 10, which technically she was, but the grind was absolutely ridiculous (who seriously thought a Tier 10 premium would be easy to get?). Kudos to WG for the event so far, I'm a fan.

I'm working towards Odin right now, and it'll cost me $14 or 3500 doubloons to finish after completing all the free stages.

A lot of people are turned off because of her absurdly low hp, but I feel like it can be worked around with a proper stealth build. It looks fun, sleek, and dangerous in the right hands, and I look forward to her completion.

• Cool 1

[KAG]
Members
1,355 posts
12,892 battles

You can purchase it outright if you buy the 8k booster, then the rest of the 12 stages for 1750 each.  But that’ll cost you 29k dubs all together.

[LAMP-]
Beta Testers
98 posts
968 battles

I agree, it does seem like a much better event...

However, that's clearly one "Expensive" Ship if one doesn't want to bother with grinding, what $120 or something around there.  So, that's kinda pissy.
I could see it being maybe 20% more, but like almost "TRIPLE", that's crazy.  LOL

[VORTX]
Members
660 posts
8,331 battles

Sorry far so good.

I have two more missions to complete and I will be maxed out until the new ones drop next week. It doesn't seem like anything impossible. I am focused on getting Graf Spee for now, and we will see about Odin after that. 

It really doesn't feel terrible so far, just the usual playing the game. 

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,354 posts
25,670 battles

What's my thoughts? I don't care about it and have been completely ignoring it since the PP fiasco.   Whatever ships are being offered in the graveyard can stay in graveyard...i mean dockyard. 

• Boring 1

[SLDR]
Members
326 posts
13,343 battles

I like the Odin build.  You have plenty of time to complete the 18 free stages.  And you get the nice Graf Spee at the half way point at stage 10.  You can just about play the game normally at normal pace, and get a T6 premium cruiser for free.

• Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,576 posts

I don't care for the Odin, but the event is much better than the PR event was.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,316 posts
10 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

So, you CAN effectively purchase it outright by purchasing the starter pack and purchasing the doubloons to complete the stages?
Just making sure lol.  That's new right?  Wasn't like that last time if I remember right for the Puerto Rico?

Any thoughts on the competitiveness of the Odin?

It's not very competitive but it's darn fun