You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Heavy_Sausage

Consumable keys...

2 comments in this topic

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
7,741 battles

Here is a CRAZY idea.....how about making the keys the same on the different boats. It is a real PIA to hit the "T" key only to hear the hydro go off when you're expecting it to start the healing. You know, because the last 10 matches I played on several boats had the heal key as "T"....not "U" or "Y" or some such silliness.

[PVE]
Members
8,497 posts
24,554 battles
24 minutes ago, Sainte70 said:

Here is a CRAZY idea.....how about making the keys the same on the different boats. It is a real PIA to hit the "T" key only to hear the hydro go off when you're expecting it to start the healing. You know, because the last 10 matches I played on several boats had the heal key as "T"....not "U" or "Y" or some such silliness.

There's many many different consumables & only so many slots for each ship to be able to use them unfortunately.

What is standard is that they all have R for DC...after that they use the T-Y-U-I keys...in that order...for each ship. Not every ship used all of them of course but if there's only 2 other consumables they are always going to be in the T & Y position no matter what they are. If there's 3 they will always be in T-Y-U etc.

What goes in those spaces is "kinda" standard on most same type ships for the 1st couple (BBs heal & planes/DDs smoke & speed boost/cruisers hydro or DFAA option/etc).

Where the problems come from are the ships w/unconventional consumables or extra consumables. Figuring out which go where while only using the 4 other keys T through I is a juggling match.

That being said there's a RN DD (Jutland I think it is but it might be the next 1 in the line...brainfarting on which 1 that is right now) that has both speed boost & heal (both which look a lot alike) & the speed boost is standard on DDs but the heal takes the spot where DDs standardly have boost & the boost is at the end of the choices...that is the 1 that always made me waste the heal on just a fraction of HP down many times while trying to boost.

As for jumping between ships it's definitely confusing sometimes.

• Cool 2