Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GO58

CV's have ruined it

8 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
1,456 battles

I played the game a few years ago, it was great. Was forced to stop due to no longer having a pc that could run it. Now you lose half your health B4 you even get in range to shoot another ship. Can't dodge, can't meaningfully shoot back, can't outmaneuver, can't get meaningful support from ally ships nor ally planes. What am I supposed to do? Just sit there and be live target practice until the match maker finally gets me into a game with just one CV, or, the even more rare no CV game. Screw that.

The dev's don't care or are to prideful to fix the obvious problem.

The mods delete anyone who mentions the problem.

The community condescendingly says "just dodge them" Well, if that were truly possible, one of the many content creators would have put up a "how to dodge" video on youtube by now. But there isn't one. There isn't one because there is no technique there's just 'hope the cv pilot is cross-eyed'.

The good games are still great. They are to few and the crapone needs to wade through is so frustrating only a masochist would enjoy it. I was thinking of investing and make this my main game, now I contemplating uninstalling. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 7

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,496 posts
25,584 battles

@GO58 I work nights. If you play late night or early morning I’m available to division. I’m just one of the average dirty dozen that likes CV’s but will help anyway I can.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[WPORT]
Members
18,062 posts
20,725 battles
1 hour ago, GO58 said:

I played the game a few years ago, it was great. Was forced to stop due to no longer having a pc that could run it. Now you lose half your health B4 you even get in range to shoot another ship. Can't dodge, can't meaningfully shoot back, can't outmaneuver, can't get meaningful support from ally ships nor ally planes. What am I supposed to do? Just sit there and be live target practice until the match maker finally gets me into a game with just one CV, or, the even more rare no CV game. Screw that.

The community condescendingly says "just dodge them" Well, if that were truly possible, one of the many content creators would have put up a "how to dodge" video on youtube by now. But there isn't one. There isn't one because there is no technique there's just 'hope the cv pilot is cross-eyed'.

The good games are still great. They are to few and the crapone needs to wade through is so frustrating only a masochist would enjoy it. I was thinking of investing and make this my main game, now I contemplating uninstalling. 

So you can't use the WASD keys to maneuver.  Is that what you're saying?

Because I was dodging torps with a Tirpitz, earlier tonight, among other BB's and battle-cruisers that I've been playing this evening.

Seems you have trouble writing original anti-cv sentiments, too.  Nothing here we haven't heard on a daily basis for the years you've been gone.

Your skills are a couple of years old and you come out of retirement to play or to complain?  I'm not sure which.

Welcome back.  :-)

[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
29,830 battles
14 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Seems you have trouble writing original anti-cv sentiments, too.  Nothing here we haven't heard on a daily basis for the years you've been gone.

Funny...my 1st thought while reading this was "Who's alt account is this now?"...especially after reading this line:

2 hours ago, GO58 said:

Really?

So...in all of your infinite 13 posts in the last month & a week since you started this account...how many times have you personally witnessed this exactly?

• Funny 1

Members
12,662 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, GO58 said:

First question I have is are you equipping the Basic Fire Training skill on your ship captains, especially the ones that are most at risk? It really helps beef up your AA output with relatively cheap cost.

Second question are you focusing your AA using the “O” key? If timed right it really will help chew through enemy planes and often enough with either give you great aircraft shot down in a battle scores or else convince the CV that you are not worth the trouble and they will leave you alone instead.