You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Krakens aren't all they're kracked up to be

23 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I suspect that some players just get lucky enough to get the kill shots after others have done the heavy lifting degrading the targets down to 5% of their health.

:etc_red_button:

• Boring 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,504 posts
6,372 battles
11 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I suspect that some players just get lucky enough to get the kill shots after others have done the heavy lifting degrading the targets down to 5% of their health.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Over time that is all balanced out anyways.  Getting five enemy ship's guns out of the match is useful regardless of whether you dev struck them all or did chip damage to secure the kill.

(I believe I saw a Flambass or Notser match where a Kraken was achieved with about 10k damage)

Edited by Helstrem

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Had one playing Maass a few days ago, was the top XP earner too.

Sometimes you get the dev strike, sometimes you get the finishing shoot. Sometimes you do a little of this and a lot of that. In the end it is what it is but it's pretty hard to kill snipe 5 ships in a match.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,920 posts
10,311 battles

> Krakens aren't all they're kracked up to be

Hey now, no need to get personal :cap_tea:

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles

I have a Kraken with 13k damage iirc. 

OP is correct, they are so easy to get because of that, half the team gets one every game. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,920 posts
10,311 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have a Kraken with 13k damage iirc. 

OP is correct, they are so easy to get because of that, half the team gets one every game.  

I personally get at least two Krakens every game. But it's not surprising, given that I'm an extremely intelligent individual that simultaneously reads Dostoevsky and watches Rick and Morty while making big brain plays in WoWS.

• Haha 2

Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles

It is what it is JOEY  That's the name of the game............................... 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles

It does irke me a little when these streamers are like "Look at this guys; 6 kills.  I got six kills and my team is doing nothing,bunch of potatoes"

Get over yourself dudes, toxic AF.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

I get one every few days, I had one yesterday in a Lexington, 3 of those kills, just as I was about to torp them, they took massive multiple citadel AP hits....so each was at like 1/5th HP before my torps hit and finished them off, it was actually amazing.

Edited by Zenn3k

Members
722 posts
5,703 battles

Let no joyful voice be heard,

Let no man look up at the sky with hope, 

Let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake... THE KILL STEALER!"

Edited by pepe_trueno

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I have wondered where you get the picture you are using, TGB... is this your source? 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/MiotaczSledzi

[DRAH]
Members
431 posts
10,733 battles

The real issue with krakens is that your team has to suck enough not to squash the enemy fast while still being good enough to give you time to rack up the kills. I find my krakan games all come in nailbiting wins or close losses. More times than I like the kraken has been in a loss and after I go down the rest of the team folds hard.

[GGWP]
Members
7,578 posts
17,910 battles
47 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

It does irke me a little when these streamers are like "Look at this guys; 6 kills.  I got six kills and my team is doing nothing,bunch of potatoes"

Get over yourself dudes, toxic AF.

So are they supposed to complain about their team only when they have 0 kills? 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

So are they supposed to complain about their team only when they have 0 kills? 

They say with the tone/insinuation that the team didn't do anything to weaken all those ships. They aren't supposed to do anything, do whatever.

[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,380 battles
4 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

You have to be a master opportunist/sniper to get a Kraken by taking the last 5% five times...

[STW-N]
Members
4,218 posts
10,277 battles

Look at xp, not kill count.

Theoretically it is entirely possible to do a grand total of 5 damage and still get a kraken.

That being said, a mark of a decently competent captain is that they realize the importance of focusing important targets or low-health enemies, especially those that thrive in concealment or have heals.

[HINON]
Members
8,986 posts
13,140 battles

y'know, i dont know why this thought popped into my head, but just imagine how much achievement farming could be done if Coop was allowed to have the same achievements that Randoms does

[HINON]
Members
8,986 posts
13,140 battles
5 hours ago, vak_ said:

I personally get at least two Krakens every game. But it's not surprising, given that I'm an extremely intelligent individual that simultaneously reads Dostoevsky and watches Rick and Morty while making big brain plays in WoWS.

to be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand Rick and Morty or so ive heard

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
6 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Yes! He's back!

• Meh 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,463 posts
3 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

67% of krakens are on the losing team. Next time you get one, see if you win the game.

First one I ever got was a 6-banger. Team lost.
But I don't feel bad. WG posted a video of a guy that got 9 kills, and his team still managed to find a way to lose.