You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Parliament_Funkadelic

Ranked Sprint Starts Tomorrow? Worst ship challenge?

30 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles

First, what is the worst tier 8 ship? Play it and prosper.  Get that shiny Hipper all shined up! Poor mans Atago, Put some Anime in your Takao!

Maybe some fish eye dispersion from the Derpitz? What you bringing?

My Derpitz head of Gunnery!

See the source image

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Statistically, here are the worst tech-tree T8 ships by win rate:

• Destroyer: HSF Harekaze (49.1%)
  • Cruiser: Admiral Hipper (49.8%)
  • Battleship: North Carolina (49.1%)

I'd gladly give any of those ships a go as I think they're decently competent, but far from the best in tier. 

By feels only, I'd personally steer away from ships like Ognevoi, Edinburgh, or Richelieu.  I may give Amagi a go as I grind through the IJN BB line again.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,496 posts
23,959 battles

I really only keep premiums in port. My favorites are Lo Yang, Cossack, Kidd, Asashio, and MK. Second tier ships are Atago, Irian, Prinz Eugen, and Bayard. I think, however, I will put Wichita to the test this sprint - for as long as I care to participate. She'll be a challenge but if I can stay alive she has the right consumables to make a difference.

[LANCE]
Members
898 posts
6,839 battles

I’m assuming there’ll be CV’s in the mix so anything with less than half decent AA could be problematic

[NOCAP]
Members
2,314 posts
20,079 battles

For my personal opinion. I belive the worst ships not in any order are:

- Monarch, Vanguard, Chestshire, ablemarle, Hipper, Hsienyang, Amafi, richleau, gascan

(I have yet to know about the new t8 ru)

If you want the best chance of winning these are the ships i would recommend.

Vladivostok, lenin, chapayev, kutuzov, Ognevoi, north carolina, benson, cleveland, atago, mogami, akizuki, kagero, lo yang, irian, edinburgh, eugen, bayard, le fantasque, cossack, kidd.

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,522 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

*coughs nervously*

Really?

Last I checked, HSF Harekaze was a premium. Did you perhaps mean the Hsienyang?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles
6 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

For my personal opinion. I belive the worst ships not in any order are:

- Monarch, Vanguard, Chestshire, ablemarle, Hipper, Hsienyang, Amafi.

(I have yet to know about the new t8 ru)

If you want the best chance of winning these are the ships i would recommend.

Vladivostok, lenin, chapayev, kutuzov, Ognevoi, north carolina, benson, cleveland, atago, mogami, akizuki, kagero, lo yang, irian, edinburgh, eugen.

The real key is to not win quickly, otherwise you have only randoms to play... Furthermore it should be a 3 point captain max.

[NOCAP]
Members
2,314 posts
20,079 battles
6 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’m assuming there’ll be CV’s in the mix so anything with less than half decent AA could be problematic

CV's will be added. Its not directly said by WG but the spawn positions that are given for the ranked sprint maps shows a CV Spawn

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Members
2,314 posts
20,079 battles
2 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

The real key is to not win quickly, otherwise you have only randoms to play... Furthermore it should be a 3 point captain max.

If you wanna slug it out painfully sure lol.

- no camo, no flags, 3p commander have fun.

Im not going to do it though. Just reset my IJN cruiser line and about to get mogami today so seems about perfect timing to use her

[KWF]
Members
6,413 posts
7,157 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

By feels only, I'd personally steer away from ships like Ognevoi, Edinburgh, or Richelieu.  I may give Amagi a go as I grind through the IJN BB line again.

I decided to get started on Ognevoi since Udaloi and Grozovoi seem quite appealing after recent changes.

I won't say Ognevoi is the best thing since sliced bread, but it can hold it's own, even when uptiered. 

The torpedo upgrade gives you a workable 60knots, the Repair Party allows you to take a bit of damage, and the AA can help with self defence versus same tier CVs. 

Bottom line, not an optimal pick, but can put respectable displays.

Edited by warheart1992

[BONKS]
Banned
957 posts
5,418 battles
12 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Vladivostok, lenin, chapayev, kutuzov, Ognevoi, north carolina, benson, cleveland, atago, mogami, akizuki, kagero, lo yang, irian, edinburgh, eugen, bayard, le fantasque, cossack, kidd.

Apart from North Cal every BB and Cruiser in that list eats AP bombs from the 2 best CV's at T8. Massachusetts if you have one is the strongest against the threat of CV's. And as it's sprint, a full secondary build would actually be viable.  

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,816 posts
12,830 battles
31 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

• Cruiser: Admiral Hipper (49.8%)
  • Battleship: North Carolina (49.1%)

I'd gladly give any of those ships a go as I think they're decently competent, but far from the best in tier. 

Harekaze guns are no joke.  5.4 Km detect and torpedo reload. NC would have been but it has so many ships to face that are just better.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,318 posts

Take whatever you feel like being crapped on by an Enterprise in, because that is what is most likely to happen.

• Sad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,522 battles
11 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

Radar hsienyang would be the worst ship you could run

My win rate in that ship is disastrous enough already; what could possibly make it worse? :Smile_veryhappy:

[NFJF]
Members
83 posts
2,566 battles

How about the siliwangi ? does anyone make it perform ?  actually can use the sprint time to find a way to counter the meta for when  the real ranked season starts in july.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,457 posts
10,738 battles
1 hour ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

First, what is the worst tier 8 ship? Play it and prosper.  Get that shiny Hipper all shined up! Poor mans Atago, Put some Anime in your Takao!

Maybe some fish eye dispersion from the Derpitz? What you bringing?

My Derpitz head of Gunnery!

See the source image

Indomitable

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,342 posts
14,924 battles

Probably no ship because I just can't get into either form of Ranked as they are now because no matter how good you play if the rest of your team isn't up to par at best you don't lose a star.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,830 posts

I'll be doing it in the Tallin, purely for the XP towards the Riga. If I wanted to hate my life I'd do it in the abermarle.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,140 battles

Lol. I plan to play all my T8s until I get bored and then rank out. Should be fun.

Worst ship? Tough call.