You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

The real reason many quit T-10 DDs ?

16 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Please excuse the rant but really there has to be something more we can do about this stuff.  A simple 24 48hr chat ban makes them laugh.. there has to be something WG can do . I know what WE did on my servers but WG would NEVER do that here.  1st offence 24hr  ban...2nd  1 week,  3rd Permaban!   They are more interested in the $$ than the players experience. Don't want to offend kids spending mommies cash right?.

I LOVE playing my High tier DDS.. I play many T-10 a day.. Love it.. why would I quit?

The NON STOP kids that think ( Salty ) means being a absolute ( can't say here without getting banned )  In chat towards DDS.

RIGHT at the start of the round WITH a CV and 3 12 km radars they start in COWARD DD WON'T SPOT AND CAP , He's going to get us all killed etc.  

Now this is made funnier by the fact that they are in BBs hiding FAR away behind islands. It was a CLASSIC bundle of BBs and CAs huddled behind those islands talking all that [edited]!

I'm Skimming the cap baiting the Radars and torping the area waiting to see where the CV is hunting me.   While I'm there a BB get focused and the CV is about to do  bomb run so I break Conceal and kill 5 of his planes..  I take a few hits doing so....the BB says THANKS!

But the rest of them were WAYYY Over the top , I mean it was NON STOP!  

Now I'm in my HALLAND.. you know, that one with Massive SMOKE capabilities and 4.5km conceal ; )  

SO I did something I NEVER do..this was a first.  

I just said knock off the [edited] or I am leaving.

It got 10 times worse.

I was the last DD and since noone was backing me up and telling them to knock it off I yoloed and died.

I haven't seen that much abuse  or as often towards CVs lately . but everyone thinks they can tell you how to play DD and ALL DDs should cap in the first 90 seconds right?

PS went to check. The leader of that barrage of craaap was in a Smolly.. didn't get a single kill and even though I yoloed after the first 7 minutes of the round he only got 65 XP more than I did.  

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,582 posts
17,943 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

Please excuse the rant but really there has to be something more we can do about this stuff.  A simple 24 48hr chat ban makes them laugh.. there has to be something WG can do . I know what WE did on my servers but WG would NEVER do that here.  1st offence 24hr  ban...2nd  1 week,  3rd Permaban!   They are more interested in the $$ than the players experience. Don't want to offend kids spending mommies cash right?.

I LOVE playing my High tier DDS.. I play many T-10 a day.. Love it.. why would I quit?

The NON STOP kids that think ( Salty ) means being a absolute ( can't say here without getting banned )  In chat towards DDS.

RIGHT at the start of the round WITH a CV and 3 12 km radars they start in COWARD DD WON'T SPOT AND CAP , He's going to get us all killed etc.  

Now this is made funnier by the fact that they are in BBs hiding FAR away behind islands. It was a CLASSIC bundle of BBs and CAs huddled behind those islands talking all that [edited]!

I'm Skimming the cap baiting the Radars and torping the area waiting to see where the CV is hunting me.   While I'm there a BB get focused and the CV is about to do  bomb run so I break Conceal and kill 5 of his planes..  I take a few hits doing so....the BB says THANKS!

Now I'm in my HALLAND.. you know, that one with Massive SMOKE capabilities and 4.5km conceal ; )  

It got 10 times worse.

I was the last DD and since noone was backing me up and telling them to knock it off I yoloed and died.

I haven't seen that much abuse  or as often towards CVs lately . but everyone thinks they can tell you how to play DD and ALL DDs should cap in the first 90 seconds right?

PS went to check. The leader of that barrage of craaap was in a Smolly.. didn't get a single kill and even though I yoloed after the first 7 minutes of the round he only got 65 XP more than I did.  

I play a lot of high tier dd and can't remember the last time I was told I was a coward and to spot or cap. I may have been told off for getting myself killed stupidly way too early in the game. 

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I play a lot of high tier dd and can't remember the last time I was told I was a coward and to spot or cap. I may have been told off for getting myself killed stupidly way too early in the game. 

I hear it from others often.. maybe because you are so cool huh?    I had a longer reply but it always seems that no matter what happens here no one ever has it happen to them. ( I have seen many people talk about this subject so I guess you are the lucky one )   I guess I need to do screenshots and post replays from now on.

Members
883 posts
5,968 battles
Just now, Col_Nasty said:

I hear it from others often.. maybe because you are so cool huh?    I had a longer reply but it always seems that no matter what happens here no one ever has it happen to them. ( I have seen many people talk about this subject so I guess you are the lucky one )   I guess I need to do screenshots and post replays from now on.

Geeze defensive much. No one said it didn’t happen but it just hasn’t happened in a while. I second that as I don’t hear much but I’m always in the thick shooting and spotting. Why does it bother you so much what others think of your play? If you’re doing a good job, you should know it and not be concerned. If it’s from the whole team maybe you need to ask yourself if you could have supported more. And if chat causes you this much rage why not turn it off?

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,512 battles

Nobody quitting t10 dd I get pretty much every match 3-4 per side ...

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,078 posts
19,467 battles

In game mute / ignore.

It’s a miracle cure

I did however get verbally abused for torpedoing a Fletcher to death with TB from my Shokaku. The guy typed like the bad guy in Johnny Dangerously talked. He inadvertently had me laughing in real life. I gave him a +1 for the laughs.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,369 battles

Hmm

It seems like most people seem to be incapable of thinking and breathing at the same time. It's just far too hard:Smile_trollface:

Now, I at least can be forgiven for not playing the objectives in high tiers, because I drive around in a stupid fast Tier IX wannabe light cruiser with no smokescreen (Mogador, not the Soviet Soap-Bar) , but people don't seem to understand that playing the objective isn't just a one-person job for a DD. People need to understand that playing an objective is a team effort, not watching the DD cap while camping behind an island. 

I don't even know what to say at this point. If I try to make a valid point, all the Luddites come around and try and tell me off about why I'm wrong and the moron. If I don't, the same people come around and tell me that I don't know how to play the game. WHEN.WILL.IT.STOP!?

Hades Angry 2 GIF | Gfycat

(okay....rant over)

:SerB:

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

It got 10 times worse.

Trolls:1/You:0

Not sure how you got 2 upvotes after admitting to intentionally yoloing & dying? (What was that about "Why would I quit?" You may not have quit playing T10s but you sure did "quit" that battle).

& Why? Because your team didn't back you up in chat? Maybe the rest of your team was too busy playing & trying to win to waste there time responding to the idiots...in chat.

Shame they were deprived of a DD by intentional suicide.

Chatting is for the forums...if you wanna debate in chat do it here...

The "Battle" button is used to start a battle...if your gonna hit that button...battle...don't waste your time responding to troll teammates & by all means don't quit the game on the rest of your team & try to justify it w/"they didn't support me...IN CHAT".

Feeding the trolls in battle is just as bad as being the troll because neither of you are using your fingers to WASD while you're doing it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles
56 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

In game mute / ignore.

It’s a miracle cure

I did however get verbally abused for torpedoing a Fletcher to death with TB from my Shokaku. The guy typed like the bad guy in Johnny Dangerously talked. He inadvertently had me laughing in real life. I gave him a +1 for the laughs.

"This is fargin war!"

• Cool 1

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles

I always get trolled no matter what ship I use when I play Randoms.

In DDs it's: "Cap DD, for fargin sake!' "Spot dameet!" All the while my team is camped 16km away.

In a cruiser: "Oye, get in there ya smeg head. We don't have a DD, so you are it mate!"

In a BB: "Stop pushing, it's bad for business!" "YOLO hard much!"

In a CV: "CVs, phooey! Spot dameet our DD is scurred! Get that Wooster while you are at it ya Emo Darth Vader Sith flyboy! I am your biggest fan, can you sign this booby for me. It's my pet bird."

There will never be a shortage of rude players, but there are just as many funny ones.

[BONKS]
Members
1,024 posts
9,058 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

It got 10 times worse.

You know Im a DD player and nobody ever tells me anything as I play the best for the team.

Also from what I noticed when you were on the enemy team a couple of times in your gearing, you always went wide and just tried to get torp hits from 10+km. Its not gonna work and probably why the team tells you youre being useless on 1 or 10 line when you can be useful for the team somewhere else

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I see it happen to others fairly often when I play my CVs. Even had it happen to me in my Haida a few months back.

If I had capped as they told me, I'd be rushing a Bismarck, a Haida, 2 cruisers, and I think another Bismarck? There was also a French BB on our side of the map. All these ships were in the cap, beside it or in front of it. So I told the guy off and capped B instead. And then my team supported that, as they actually understood my reasoning unlike Mr. Firstblood.

[4HIM]
Members
3,293 posts
15,668 battles
6 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The guy typed like the bad guy in Johnny Dangerously talked.

Loved that Roman Maroni character.  "His biggest crime was murdering the King's English."

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
7 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Please excuse the rant but really there has to be something more we can do about this stuff. 

May I suggest that you just right click their name in battle and choose "blacklist" and enjoy the peace & quiet?