Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Dumping dockyard

17 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
31,413 battles

I have been trying the new dock;yard, and the time restrictions, and  time to accomplish all the missions, it would take more than 44 days for the average player to complete all of them,  why give a task that is all but impossible for the average player to get the directives done.  Complicate it with restrictions on ship type and nations for certain missions then not everyone has a chance to complete it. I do not have ships to do some of the missions, So if I do not do  CV, DD, or mudsucking subs then  I have limited choices. There are only 5-6 ships in my 200+ fleet that I actually find fun to run. I thought the game was suppose to be fun, but when they say either play what we say or just go away. But this is just one of my repetitive rants  (dead Horse syndrome). Why don't they just come out and and say it can be done but no money you just waste your time. (here is a ice pick now all you have to do is chip this iceberg into 2 inch ice cube pieces, no it cannot be done just by having fun you much give  more money.

Hocka Twoee into the drydock.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
16,357 posts
18,551 battles

Did you really think this game was created specifically for you when you started?

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[KSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
21,329 battles

I play about 1/3 as much as i did one year ago, and have had no issues completing the dock yard requirements.  I think averaging 3-5 battles a day should be sufficient, especially since the old directives stay open for you to complete alongside the new ones.  Honestly though, if you already have the Graf Spee and don't want to drop doubloons for the Odin, it doesn't matter much anyway, the rewards are pretty slim and i would just ignore the event and play at whatever speed you choose.  This event is not even a quarter as demanding or difficult as the Puerto Rico disaster last summer.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,211 posts
15,069 battles

You literally complain about everything and every event . 

• Meh 1

Members
3,058 posts
24,856 battles

agreed. insanely easy to do although i am far from a average player. people just need to learn that if they arnt great at the game naturally theres going to be stuff they cant get.

[WOLFA]
Members
863 posts
9,985 battles

The 3rd section of directives that started today and I've already finished 2 or three in a couple of battles. All you really have to do is play the game.

This dockyard is way easier than the PR dumpster fire. I already have the Spee and would like to get Odin but either way I don't really care. 

Members
3,058 posts
24,856 battles
14 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

The 3rd section of directives that started today and I've already finished 2 or three in a couple of battles. All you really have to do is play the game.

This dockyard is way easier than the PR dumpster fire. I already have the Spee and would like to get Odin but either way I don't really care. 

agreed, its way easier then the PR dumpster fire.

im one of the FEW people that wouldve got the PR for free if it hadnt been my gpu died on the last week of the grind.

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
31,413 battles
19 hours ago, clammboy said:

You literally complain about everything and every event . 

You may be right,  I believe in a level playing field. the events should be able to be done without specific ships or nations, Not everyone uses all types of ships, or nations. Not everyone uses DD CV SUBS,  and if you do not do random you are step child, A game is suppose to be fun. So you have to be diversified in order to win anything, not just play having fun and still achieve the goals. I believe I  know my post always seem negative. But if  I see anything positive I will post, I have been that way all my life I Call it like I see it. The game will always be uneven, Heavy Bias, The Animal Farm is run by MPV's (Money Pit Vipers).  I do not expect any changes, But I will always light a match hoping to move away the dark.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
6 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You may be right,  I believe in a level playing field. the events should be able to be done without specific ships or nations, Not everyone uses all types of ships, or nations. Not everyone uses DD CV SUBS,  and if you do not do random you are step child, A game is suppose to be fun. So you have to be diversified in order to win anything, not just play having fun and still achieve the goals. I believe I  know my post always seem negative. But if  I see anything positive I will post, I have been that way all my life I Call it like I see it. The game will always be uneven, Heavy Bias, The Animal Farm is run by MPV's (Money Pit Vipers).  I do not expect any changes, But I will always light a match hoping to move away the dark.

There are a wide range of options as far as ships go and you don't need to do all of the tasks.  You don't need to have spent any money.  While it is obvious that I have spent money I am doing these tasks almost entirely with tech tree ships or premium/special ships I have earned in game.

Your expectations of completely unrestricted requirements are not the way most games are done.  Putting requirements in pushes players to try different ships/playstyles and perhaps find something they enjoy that the hadn't tried before.

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
31,413 battles
17 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Your expectations of completely unrestricted requirements are not the way most games are done.  Putting requirements in pushes players to try different ships/playstyles and perhaps find something they enjoy that the hadn't tried before.

I have played for 4 1/2 years I have tried and do not ENJOY playing cv, dd, and subs . I even stopped grinding some lines because the ships were not FUN to play. But you are right Players are PUSHED to try different ships. playstyles or do not play to compete. Yes I should know better than beat a dead horse on the animal farm. but then You never know Pigs may fly one day..

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,515 posts
29,715 battles
22 hours ago, Helstrem said:

This is correct and although I agree with SeaDog, we need to remember that Wargaming needs to do several things. One is to design events like this so all ship types are represented in the tasks. For instance if you left out carriers, you would have CV main players complaining they were left out. So you have to have a variety of ships, makes sense. There is also the sales value of events. Wargaming (like it or not) has to make money. Events like this help to drive sales of premium ships used in the event. I mean think about it, how many new tier 6 premium BBs or cruisers does a player need to have? My port is filled with premiums that I used for events or were gotten as a reward for an event, that I never use. This is the big reason I just don't bother with events any more, I have a half dozen or more premium ships in my port that I have never used, and many more that I used just a few times and have been collecting dust ever since. Personally I see little need to add ships to an already growing list of stuff I don't need or want. The same is true with WoT btw, loads of unused vehicles in my garage. Lastly there has to be a way to get players to actually play the game. They need FTP players to help fill the queues so that the whales have someone to play with. Not saying this is a bad thing, just saying this is the way it is. You can pay money to reduce the grind or go the free route and just be forced to play more games. This is a big reason I quit playing around the Puerto Rico event. I saw little need to spend money or to play until my fingers bled, to add another tier 10 ship to my port that I would only use a few times, then play once a year after that in order to farm free crates/steel/coal. 

You really need to ask yourself just how much you really want the prizes Wargaming offers for money or participation. If it is worth it to you, then grind or spend away. If not, just ignore what is going on and try to enjoy yourself. It is just a game after all, not a job. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,568 battles
On 6/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have been trying the new dock;yard, and the time restrictions, and  time to accomplish all the missions, it would take more than 44 days for the average player to complete all of them,  why give a task that is all but impossible for the average player to get the directives done.  Complicate it with restrictions on ship type and nations for certain missions then not everyone has a chance to complete it. I do not have ships to do some of the missions, So if I do not do  CV, DD, or mudsucking subs then  I have limited choices. There are only 5-6 ships in my 200+ fleet that I actually find fun to run. I thought the game was suppose to be fun, but when they say either play what we say or just go away. But this is just one of my repetitive rants  (dead Horse syndrome). Why don't they just come out and and say it can be done but no money you just waste your time. (here is a ice pick now all you have to do is chip this iceberg into 2 inch ice cube pieces, no it cannot be done just by having fun you much give  more money.

Hocka Twoee into the drydock.

I have completed each week's directives the day they become active. This is a reasonable event. Not too easy and not too hard.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
23 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I mean think about it, how many new tier 6 premium BBs or cruisers does a player need to have? My port is filled with premiums that I used for events or were gotten as a reward for an event, that I never use. This is the big reason I just don't bother with events any more, I have a half dozen or more premium ships in my port that I have never used, and many more that I used just a few times and have been collecting dust ever since. Personally I see little need to add ships to an already growing list of stuff I don't need or want.

This is why players that have already spent a lot of money with WG don't have as much pull as they feel they ought to.  Very few players are completionists who will buy literally every premium and for most of us who do spend money, once we have our stable covered our spending drops dramatically.  For my part there really aren't many ships I would buy anymore.  A few for personal reasons, USS California and USS San Francisco as I am from Northern California, but I don't need any ships.  Because of that my opinions about CVs, submarines or anything else really don't matter to WG, all they stand to lose if I close my wallet is a bit of premium time/perma-camo sales and that is small fry compared to them getting a new me who hasn't bought their stable yet.

• Cool 1

[ABCD3]
Members
558 posts
20,697 battles

Instead of ""If you've got the time, we've got the beer,"   "if you've got the time, we've got the ship" 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,515 posts
29,715 battles
6 hours ago, Helstrem said:

This is why players that have already spent a lot of money with WG don't have as much pull as they feel they ought to.  Very few players are completionists who will buy literally every premium and for most of us who do spend money, once we have our stable covered our spending drops dramatically.  For my part there really aren't many ships I would buy anymore.  A few for personal reasons, USS California and USS San Francisco as I am from Northern California, but I don't need any ships.  Because of that my opinions about CVs, submarines or anything else really don't matter to WG, all they stand to lose if I close my wallet is a bit of premium time/perma-camo sales and that is small fry compared to them getting a new me who hasn't bought their stable yet.

Exactly. It would take them adding a ship that I had some sort of attachment to (and I can not think of one)  in order to get me to pay/play for it. At a certain point you just realize that you are just wasting money on ships you don't really want or need. I suppose we should  thank the "completionists" who spend money and keep the game going. I am just happy that I lack that compulsion. 

Edited by Taylor3006