You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

New forum layout and restructure.

22 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Aloha,

So I just got done restructuring the forums to help clean them up. In the past there were FAR too many places to lose information, most of the topics were bloated with sub topics that weren't necessary TBH.

I have moved A LOT of conversations around to the applicable areas so feel free to look around the new layout, this is NOT a huge change, in fact only a couple subtopics were moved.

And some conversations that were in some subtopics where removed as they were over 6 mo old and had no activity (which is in our forum guidelines the standard for considered necro if I were to keep them live.)

The permissions for the "General Discussions"  section have been updated and Polls are allowed to be posted in there now. Having a separate section for polls meant that did not get much traction, and looking back 6 mo there was only 1 poll that had more than 30 responses. Keep in mind however, when posting a poll that for the most part feedback from these is not particularly good as the OP usually writes them to be quite discriminate towards their own opinions, so if you post a poll, please try to make the answers as unbiased as possible.

Some other changes like the Clan sections of the forums have been cleaned up, all general discussions about clans just occurs in "Clan Hub" or our Volunteer programs have been merged into one topic case in point.

There will be some growing pains I am sure but the Volunteer Moderators and myself will be combing through the old material over the next week and moving it around.

If there are posts you think should be live or are missing PM me.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

That is all.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Members
4,671 posts
45,422 battles

So long as there is a Harumpf corner for that edgey player that is unyielding in their resolve to not like something with a passion, but will not provide a replay or definitive proof.

Maybe call it the pitchforks and torches corner. Just don't leave rotting vegetables around.

Although, last time I asked everyone to lend me their ears, I saw several ears thrown my way. I still don't know where any player would get them. 😏🤔

• Haha 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,250 posts
11,717 battles
22 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Although, last time I asked everyone to lend me their ears, I saw several ears thrown my way. I still don't know where any player would get them. 😏🤔

Dr. Lecter recommends disposing of the ears as they are too tough to be good for much. He tried a variant on elephant ears with them, but it didn't work very well. Consequently some people that follow his cookbook likely had extras just laying around to throw.

Members
12,613 posts
14,320 battles

@Hapa_Fodder Hopefully the Historical section will stay untouched as even older threads are interesting to read and sometimes even have renewed activity that sparks continued discussion even if the topic is older? ( Unlike General game discussions the Historical discussions do not go out of date so easily.)

• Cool 2

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

Oh yeah! Fixed! I hadn't been able to react to things, send PMs, or reply to topics. Thanks!

[LSNB]
Members
1,714 posts
6,072 battles

Can we get prior notice next time in case some people want to archive threads about to be deleted, if a purge ever happens?

Edited by destawaits

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
2 hours ago, destawaits said:

Can we get prior notice next time in case some people want to archive threads about to be deleted, if a purge ever happens?

I moved ALL active threads that have had responses in the past month and posts that were fresh up to almost 6 months back into active topics currently.

-Hapa

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
55 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I moved ALL active threads that have had responses in the past month and posts that were fresh up to almost 6 months back into active topics currently.

-Hapa

Dear Hapa_Fodder,

May I ask if this means old polls without a response in the past month were deleted? I think some could still be helpful and informative to look at, and I know I put a lot of time into some of my polls. I would get a little sad to lose them.

Thanks!

henrychenhenry

• Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
On 6/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

And some conversations that were in some subtopics where removed as they were over 6 mo old and had no activity (which is in our forum guidelines the standard for considered necro if I were to keep them live.)

Can you define "activity"? I often find myself searching for a word/topic and the only threads on that subject are much older than six months. Under this new 'restructuring', will they not be there to be returned in a search? tia

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
13 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Can you define "activity"? I often find myself searching for a word/topic and the only threads on that subject are much older than six months. Under this new 'restructuring', will they not be there to be returned in a search? tia

Only posts that are over 6 mo in the subtopics or topics that were removed will not be seen. That being said, in 6 mo, A LOT can change, so if you're looking for information it's better to post something new. We also consider replies to posts 6mo or older as "necroing" so ya.

15 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Dear Hapa_Fodder,

May I ask if this means old polls without a response in the past month were deleted? I think some could still be helpful and informative to look at, and I know I put a lot of time into some of my polls. I would get a little sad to lose them.

Thanks!

henrychenhenry

See the OP.

-Hapa

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Only posts that are over 6 mo in the subtopics or topics that were removed will not be seen. That being said, in 6 mo, A LOT can change, so if you're looking for information it's better to post something new. We also consider replies to posts 6mo or older as "necroing" so ya.

Well thanks for the response!

[BOMBL]
Members
191 posts
7,019 battles

No problems with the restructuring apart from the Clan recruitment area - not that there were many on the other channel - but any discussions on Clan related topics that are NOT clans recruiting will just get lost as the clan recruitment posts are bumped relentlessly, but nice to show the forums some love anyways @Hapa_Fodder

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
On 6/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, WildWitch said:

No problems with the restructuring apart from the Clan recruitment area - not that there were many on the other channel - but any discussions on Clan related topics that are NOT clans recruiting will just get lost as the clan recruitment posts are bumped relentlessly, but nice to show the forums some love anyways @Hapa_Fodder

You can post general conversations about clans just under "Clan Hub" itself. I didn't see a point having a general discussion under the clan hub topic but not have you guys be able to post in the clan hub itself.

-Hapa

Members
2,441 posts
14,034 battles
On 6/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

So I just got done restructuring the forums to help clean them up.

You should have announced up front you were going to do this... but.. yeah...  it would have avoided much angst and kickback.

You should never ever delete old threads. It just should not be done.   But why?  Why the need to delete the older threads?

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
2 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

You should have announced up front you were going to do this... but.. yeah...  it would have avoided much angst and kickback.

You should never ever delete old threads. It just should not be done.   But why?  Why the need to delete the older threads?

Older threads are not deleted currently for you they are just hidden and we are sifting through topics and if something is still applicable we will move material (which I have been doing for days).

Considering large chunks of this forum (well over half) were NOT getting traffic due to the fact the forums were far too bloated with subtopics making material hard to find, this was necessary.

As stated:

On 6/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

There will be some growing pains I am sure but the Volunteer Moderators and myself will be combing through the old material over the next week and moving it around.

If there are posts you think should be live or are missing PM me.

-Hapa

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,836 posts
5,691 battles

Is there no way we can look back at our old posts at least? I have written up an in-depth comparison of PC WoWs lackluster AL Collaborations vs Mobile WoWs that was posted in this thread (linked to my post), but now I have no way of viewing it.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
On 7/5/2020 at 12:24 PM, YamatoA150 said:

Is there no way we can look back at our old posts at least? I have written up an in-depth comparison of PC WoWs lackluster AL Collaborations vs Mobile WoWs that was posted in this thread (linked to my post), but now I have no way of viewing it.

So the post that you are talking about has had NO responses or engagements in over a year and was actually auto archived WELL before I did this restructuring due to it being part of a news article that was posted in FEB of 2019.

The best thing would be to start a new topic.

-Hapa

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,836 posts
5,691 battles
6 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So the post that you are talking about has had NO responses or engagements in over a year and was actually auto archived WELL before I did this restructuring due to it being part of a news article that was posted in FEB of 2019.

The best thing would be to start a new topic.

-Hapa

Would it be too much to ask if you could please copy/paste and send my post to me in a PM?

[COB]
[COB]
Beta Testers
880 posts
6,483 battles
On 6/21/2020 at 6:07 PM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

So long as there is a Harumpf corner for that edgey player that is unyielding in their resolve to not like something with a passion, but will not provide a replay or definitive proof.

Maybe call it the pitchforks and torches corner. Just don't leave rotting vegetables around.

Hahaha. They have a section for this...it's called General Discussion 😂