You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

The ROI on Coop Games

15 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Even when you win, which is like 95% of the time, the ROI for XP and FXP is pretty low compared to Random battles. Credits are even tougher to accumulate.  

When you factor in camo and signal flag costs it's even less appealing to play Coop.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

Also, water is wet.

Bit of advice:  Don't waste signals in co-ops.  Ever.

See people loading up on a full set of signals and using credit-camo in co-ops, and I'm like, "...Why...?"  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles
Just now, Kuckoo said:

Also, water is wet.

See people loading up on a full set of signals and using credit-camo in co-ops, and I'm like, "...Why...?"  :Smile_facepalm:

Maybe that is the only place they play. Why not use them if you have them.

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Maybe that is the only place they play. Why not use them if you have them.

Well, that is a good point.  Forget that for some people, co-ops is the only mode they ever play.

[BEA5T]
Members
588 posts
18,710 battles

Well if you do good enough and the battles finish in a timely manner you can get a couple of games in comparison to the length of a regular Random game.   Which if you look at the time spent may equal what you may receive in a Random game.   

Though I did just complete a COOP battle which took a mighty long time...  over 19 mins and only received 166K  so yea  !  

So in simple terms if you looking to play and make alot of credits... Randoms and Operations ( if you win) may be your best bet.  

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
241 posts
13,156 battles
15 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Even when you win, which is like 95% of the time, the ROI for XP and FXP is pretty low compared to Random battles. Credits are even tougher to accumulate.  

When you factor in camo and signal flag costs it's even less appealing to play Coop.

There's a place for both Random and Co-op.  I find it far quicker to complete non XP/Credit missions in Co-op, plus I find Co-op much more relaxing, so I tend to run randoms and finish the night with a bunch of co-ops.  If you limit yourself to one or the other then many of the missions (think current directives) become very grindy.  Depending on what you are playing for, even the XP/credit's, whereas not as high as random, can still add up quickly as they are mostly wins, and turnaround is generally double to triple that of randoms.

That said, many BB's absolutely suck in co-op, so for those I would definitely not bother most of the time.

Abbye

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
13,225 posts
20,086 battles

IF you win 3 straight Co-op games, it will equal to 1 Random loss earnings (more if you top the boards). I think that is fair and generous for your %95 WR percentage.

Co-op will never out earn the other game modes in WOWS.. Then you'll have players complaining how and why players got to tier 10 in less then 300 games.

As it stands, if you want to earn a Random loss without playing Random... Co-op is the mod to go...

• Boring 1

[GWG]
Members
7,580 posts
14,440 battles
10 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Well, that is a good point.  Forget that for some people, co-ops is the only mode they ever play.

I needed 500K credits a couple days ago, so I flagged up the Missouri and headed into Random...

I made the credits, survived and won..  but I came in below half the players, despite being in the thick of the battle most of the time.  The team I was fighting (at tier 9) practiced angling very well, and one really can't sneak up on a flank against these guys with a Missouri.

The only citadels I got were on cruisers properly timed in the middle of their turn.  I saw their front lines retreating, and I anticipated it.

I HAVE A PROBLEM with the after battle report.  Potential Damage:  A Shimakaze fired 5 sets of of torps at me when I was bow-in, between two islands.  I backed out to one side to avoid them each time.   There was less than 100K potential damage in my after-battle report.  What Happened?

Since I'm a co-op player, I know.  He hit the 'X' button before launching torps.  I always do that in Co-Op so the bots won't immediately dodge my torps.  This deselects the aim fan, and takes focus off the ship targeted.  IT ALSO REMOVES POTENTIAL DAMAGE CREDIT.  So if the 'X' key moved focus from me to someone else, it robbed me of the potential damage and handed it to someone else.

I'm going back to co-op where I get credit for this stuff.

[LOIN]
Supertester
854 posts
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I see your point I do believe Coop should get a slight increase to credits earned in the matches. Of course shouldn't be up to par with Randoms but, a slight increase to credits isn't a bad idea. You have to add in servicing costs. It kind of makes Coops not very profitable actually you would sometimes lose credits instead if a gain.

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,926 battles

Do you have any low tier premium ships... Probably more efficient to grind a tier 3 or 5 premium ship for credits than playing coop to grind credits... Anshan and a few others can be bought with coal even 

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
3 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Also, water is wet.

Good point.  Since I rarely play Coop I've been too lazy to strip my ship down for it. If I decided to play more with a particular ship I'll strip off the exterior stuff.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,577 posts
15,279 battles
3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Yes its less efficient but way more enjoyable games. Even before I bought premium I never really had credit issues because I was playing so many mid tier games. 

Once you start getting high tier special ships and premiums you can make money there too. 

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles

The interesting thing about co-op is that if you have good, high-damage games in mid-tier ships, and you don't take flags or camos, it seems to me that the credit earnings can potentially outstrip the XP. While this makes for slow progress through a grind, it's fun due to the high win rate and it possibly leaves you in a better place when the time comes to uptier. 

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
802 posts
6,307 battles
13 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Yes its less efficient but way more enjoyable games. Even before I bought premium I never really had credit issues because I was playing so many mid tier games. 

Once you start getting high tier special ships and premiums you can make money there too. 

I main in Coop, last random I played was by accident (one of the try again buttons takes you to randoms even if you just played Coop. Sneaky, that). Just recently advanced to where I have a small stock of T8 ships. I have noticed a marked increase in my earnings using them. I now have the most credits ever, a whopping 40 and change million. Yea, a pittance to some, but my goal is to build up to about 60 or so and make that my cushion going forward.